1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide for my crush- My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedguyZZ, Mar 1, 2015.

1. ConfusedguyZZ

I don't know what to do anymore. It's my third time I post here. I have been in love with my best friend for 1.5 year. Previous summer I told to him that I am in love with him but he said he doesnt feel the same for me. He has a girlfriend ( the previous year they started their relationship) and she love her so much, he talks about her everytime. My hearts hurts. I am tired of being depressed. I love him so much I would miss school for him and leave my family which is homophobic. I am tired crying for him.. I love him but he loves so much but as a friend as his brother.. At school I want to approach to him and hug him, he handsome, fit( hot) but he is such a good person.!!!!!! I think about suicide, this is the only way he will learn that i will love him for ever.. even far.. and my family will be ok without a gay- bi- or whatever i am. He is definitely straight... I cant do this, i think i will destroy his life... Why does he not want me...? :frowning2: I really love him... my family will kill me if they learn this... Should I kill myself...?

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow, calm down mate.

First about the suicide thing, bad idea. Really bad idea.

If he doesn't love you, I know that you're in love with him and that it ain't easy, but wouldn't it be easier to try to accept things as they are ?
    I mean, he certainly won't be the only love you'll have in your whole life, you'll happen to find someone that you'll find even better than him and fall in love.
    Plus, to kill yourself for a guy, and you best friend at that... It's just making him bear the weight of your death when he couldn't do anything about it.

If you really are in a suicidal state of mind, just give yourself one more day, and then one more, and one more again. Live one day at a time until you get better. That's what I did.

If had one advice to give it would to just start accepting that he won't love you and going on with your life until you find your one. There may even come a day when you'll laugh about that.

Sorry if it was poorly worded, it's getting late and my mind's upside down. But just, please, don't do this. Just go and live your life.

About that homophobic family of yours... Maybe trying to just cover things up for now would do the trick. They don't have to know who you're dating.

#2 Aeolia, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. ConfusedguyZZ

Maybe I should not kill myself... There are many relatives that they love me. But I am sure will not find my one.... I live in Greece which is very strict to gay people.... I dont know.. I will meet him tomorrow , I dont know if i must tell him that i am still in love....:icon_redf

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If Greece ain't a place for you then move, you're into ShenGen, you can move. You can even marry someone of the same sex here in France.
    I don't know how old you are, but saying that you won't ever find someone you like is merely pessimism.
    If he has a girlfriend that he loves, would it be fair to tell him ?

I know that when we fall for someone, you think that this someone will be the only one ever... It may be, if you get together and spend your life with each others. But here, it's just one guy that told you no. Let go of him and look at how vast the world really is.

5. ConfusedguyZZ

I am 17 I still go to school. So I see him everyday and futhermore I cant travel
    I dont , it isnt fair....
    But I cant find another... Girls dont really attract me.... :frowning2:

6. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just wait, start by getting over with your crush and getting back to your normal relationship.
    Well even if you can't find someone in Greece, you can study abroad. It's quite common for people in Europe to do so. (I even planned to before dropping out of college...)
    And who knows, you might find your charming prince in Greece, I doubt the fact that you would be the only gay where you live haha

Plus, here you can be yourself, it ain't worth the outside life but well, it's better than nothing and it can help you bear until you're old enough. I wouldn't mind being friend with you either I think.

So don't oversweat it. You may be able to move soon haha

7. RedFireFly

Try seeing a psychologist about your depression and suicidal thougts.

8. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey, I'm sorry you're going through this.

Don't kill yourself, trust me things will get better. I know everything feels terrible at the moment, but things always change. For the time being, focus on not interacting with your friend, and start thinking about your future. As Aeolia suggests, there are many ways you can possibly change your environment. Start researching and looking forward to that.

I also encourage you to examine your feelings for your friend. You might think you love him, but do you think it's love to kill yourself to make your friend feel bad? Please think it over.

9. ConfusedguyZZ

My parents dont let me study abroad. But I wished to, I like traveling but never had the chance. So I think i will stay forever at Greece.
    Get Over with him... That's difficult ....
    Psycologicals need money and I dont have them, and I dont want to tell to my parents for my orientation... :help:

10. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    well friend all I can say is stay strong, and plz remember suicide is the easy one way route, your death will affect your family/friends cause from experience no one needs to see you lifeless, I've had a friend who took his life at 13, and even now I miss him he was confused and misunderstood and I wish I spent more time with T.J....I know you love him and I hope you can stay friends even though you wish for more, don't worry buddy, if you truly seek love you will find it eventually. I don't want you to kill yourself I don't have to know you to care about you cause were all on the same rock...*hugs*

11. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    You shouldn't commit suicide, please don't!
    Maybe he would see your love for him went deep, but
    1. what can he do with it? You can't force it, and you would be dead...
    2. He'll feel really guilty for not being there for you
    3. It will get better, I know everyone says that and it's annoying, but it seriously will be better :slight_smile:

Aren't there any other cute guys?? and you're 17, when you've finished school and you're 18, you can do what you want to do, right?
    Good luck *hug*

12. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As an EU citizen you certainly have the chance to study abroad, live abroad and travel freely amongst the other member states. All of this is open to you... it is your right, but you will only realise your dream by staying alive.

What would dying now actually mean to you? Think about that question very carefully. It would be so easy to answer it quickly without giving it any real consideration, but when you are contemplating things like suicide you need to be 100% certain about the path you are about to take. Turning back is not an option. Moreover, what would dying now achieve in terms of your relationship with your friend or anyone else?

As I reflect upon my own feelings at your age I know how easy it would have been for me to make rash and irreversible decisions, but I didn't and I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am about that. I could have taken the view that my life was in an endless downward spiral and devoid of any meaning and satisfaction, but better times were to come and I had to dig deep to live and realise my dreams. You can too, but only if you choose life rather than death.

While you are struggling keep talking. It really does help and can make a difference. We are here for you.

13. ConfusedguyZZ

He has told me that he likes being with me than his other friends, because I am such a good person and i fight for my goal,and that`s why he loves me, as friend. I will never forget this sentence......
    I dont want to ruin his life.. I don't want to destroy his relationship with his girlfriend..... I love him.......... I am confused... What about me.. I don't know what to do
    By the way there are other cute guys, just i don't go with them because they do stupid things
    PatrickUK I know I have the chance, but parents don't let me, cause of economics.
    Maybe I haven't choose my path yet, I don't know.. maybe I should try new things..
    Maybe I should begin to live..
    "If you have a Dream, Don't wait. ACT" Axel

14. shota

shota Guest

aye dude I feel the way but over something else