1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you tell teenage you?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Salazar, Feb 28, 2015.

1. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't say anything....i would beat past me up, take past me shoes and give past me a note that says "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insanity" P.S when your uncle and aunt catch you dressing up don't be ashamed of it and don't worry about them outing you there not......and most of all put down the alcohol and drugs it works for a little while but trust me it just creates more issues.....and you don't know it all asshole...

2. MrK21

Okay what age? At any of the teenage years I would just hug him,tell him everything will be okay .
    13-16:Just answer all his questions that don't contain sexuality spoilers.
    16+:If he asks if he is still straight in the future, I would just respond "Are you kidding me I love women." simply because I know how he would respond if I told him I was bisexual he would probably have a mental breakdown.

Overall just be kind and supportive, because I know his needs.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The reason that you want to look like those handsome guys that get all the girls is because you are attracted to them, not because you want to get all the girls too. Accept it, get used to it, plan your life around it, and move to northern California when you get out of college, within driving range of San Francisco.

4. Clarkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So that crush/admiration on your english teacher? Totally not a phase...
    Also don't let anyone try and force you out the closet before you are ready, just tell them to stop it and take your time. The more they push the deeper into the closet you go.
    Also you will have a light bulb switch and pronounce you are infact very gay during sex with your friend after so so much confusion... He will also come out not long after (don't be shocked)

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

be bold, put yourself out there, and be yourself...

6. Sam I Am

1. When your brother messages you on a certain day in April 2007, call him on his phone. Convince him, at any costs whatsoever, not to go out in the boat. His life depends on it.

2. Go see a gynecologist in September 2006. Tell him you need an ovarian ultrasound and to start hormone regulators. Your life depends on it.
    (Disclaimer: I believe in parallel universe theory, so I know that while the highly unlikely chain of events that saved me did happen, I also think 9,999 other Sams who experienced different events died that night.)

3. You're genderfluid. This will suck to deal with. Don't date that [name redacted] guy for more than a year or two, because he won't accept your gender and he'll hold you back. Check out the groups on campus, date in college, and all that other good stuff you'll miss out on if you stay with him.

4. Don't waste your time coming out to your parents now with the bi thing. They'll believe you when you start dating girls. They will not believe you sooner.

(Sorry, guys ... gender identity and sexual orientation don't make my top two.)

7. ANewDawn

15 year old me was a mess. I'd tell myself that not everything is the end of the world. That things would change and get better and worse and just generally that life goes on. I'd also tell myself to stop bullying the girl who made me realize I was bi. And that religion is not the only life.

8. Happy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would tell my teenage self that you are so loved, and your sexuality is nothing to hide or to be ashamed of. I would tell her she is not as alone as she feels she is.

9. Ryu

Ryu

I tell my teenage self, for that is still myself as of present
    'Yeah... Hey me... It gets better, doing it more makes it easier.'
    *chuckles*
    (Under my breath) 'that's what she said...'

10. robotman

Well I'm 21 now and I just wish that I told people when I was like 15 and just said it in high school, I know it would have been hard but I honestly think that if I was just open and said it my life would be completely different now though. I am not really out to anyone at all now but I wish that I did come out younger, I would like to see how things would have played out. Someone needs to make a machine that allows you to see how your life would have played out if you took a different decision lol.

11. juliegt6

Life turns out pretty awesome. You made the right call to wait until 18 to tell parents about teh trans. You should've started electrolysis sooner. Things work out at school and work. You eventually meet a very nice lady too! It definitely gets better.

Oh, and the bully who made your life hell still makes subs at subway and has done nothing in 10 years.

12. Wildside

Wildside Guest

"You're gay. Use condoms and tell all your friends to do the same thing because a really nasty sexual disease is coming that will kill a lot of people. and don't marry a woman thinking it will make your straight. You'll be miserable. Just be gay, be safe and you will be happy"

13. dylanuk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say to my teenage self, Don't Leave Dating & relationships till your 21, like I did, wish i had some boyfriends when i was a teen missed out on that

14. Justinian20

You know what I would tell my teenage self, "Stop being all fancy smancy with what you are telling other people, just come out and accept that you've always wanted to be with a man. Also just let yourself show some emotion and don't be unhappy because eventually you will find that guy cause you are not alone."

15. Tudi

As for me, I would say to my teenage self:
    1) Dude, you have dyscalculia, stop trying to be a programmer!
    2) It's okay to be gay (pansexual in my case)
    3) If you are gonna make a coming out, never choose a career of a teacher
    4) Sex isn't a sin, you shouldn't be afraid of it
    5) NEVER CHOOSE GERBILS LIKE PETS! NEVER!

16. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Man my gender/sexuality was...well it featured but in the grand scheme of the crap show that was my high school experience it wasn't the biggest deal. But, I would tell myself to properly drop those friends and properly make new ones. I would tell myself that I am less and more than I thought I was; the value of my life is not dependant only on those in my life.

Mostly I'd tell myself to keep on keepin on, 'cause I like who I've become and every bump and decision just builds on to who I am.

17. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    stay abroad, stay abroad, stay abroad...

18. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start talking to guys you like. No, you don't want to be like him, you want to "be with" him.
    And when you get older don't go to therapy to get you to like girls it doesn't work and it will f**k you up.

19. MisterTinkles

1. NEVER believe anything anyone tells you.
    2. The world is CORRUPT and full of lying, backstabbing people.
    3. Find a millionaire Sugar Daddy right out of high school.
    4. Save all the money you get from him.
    5. Create your own legions of followers with your belief system.
    6. Take over this lousy country and run it the way its supposed to be run when you get older and have your followers in place, to take over.

#39 MisterTinkles, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  20. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fifteen was a rough time for me. My best friends had just moved away and I didn't really have anyone. My friends weren't the greatest influence but they were people to eat lunch with. I wish I could tell myself to get involved with theater earlier because that's where my best friends ended up being.

Don't waste your time with those two guys. Neither of them is ever going to return your feelings. Not only that, but one of them is insecure and is going to take that out on you. Remember that isn't a reflection on you and it would be better if you just never looked at him again.

Getting behind the wheel of that car might sound like the most terrifying thing in the world, but it's not. Someday you'll ask Mom to borrow the keys so you can drive three hours to see your girlfriend (I'll get to that in a second). Before you worry about that, though, tell Mom that you need glasses. When she says you're fine, demand it. Ask your aunt to take you to the eye doctor if you have to. Driving is a lot less scary when you can actually see. Now go drive and get your license. It'll make everything a whole lot easier.

Those really intense feelings you feel toward that girl? That isn't you really wanting to be her friend. That isn't you idolizing her. That's a crush. You're bisexual and that's okay. You may feel like you'll never fall in love, but you will. In fact, very soon you'll meet that girl, even though you won't realize it for a few more years.