1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Best Compliment You've Ever Received?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 28, 2015.

1. hat123

"I don't know what I will do without you." Well some compliments along those lines. I really like when I help people and feel appreciated.

2. kem

kem

"You're the most intelligent person I know."

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of those professionals said I'm tough. I really took that to heart. It ranks pretty high on my list.

A lot of people compliment my music taste but that's quite a subjective thing. They're usually indirectly complimenting themselves. Nonetheless, I appreciate the good feelings behind the words. Sometimes what they really want to praise is my open-mindedness.

Some people say I'm eccentric. Sometimes they don't understand the real meaning of the word and/or they're really saying they personally think something I do is weird. I think I'm pretty normal in the grand scheme of things.

Many people say I'm sweet, kind, and caring. I think I need to hear that even if I know they're probably not seeing the full picture. It gives me another reason to resist sinking back into the void.

The best compliments I've received might seem strange to most people. I don't think I'm going to say them here :lol:

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...I think for me it has to be the original "overly-analytical bitch" line. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I wish I could now recall the specifics...I just remember that whatever I observed about him, he couldn't help but admit. So I suppose he felt the need to return the favor. I think I was supposed to be at least slightly wounded, rather than entirely amused...but hell, it was a fair cop, and I do my best not to get rattled by those.

5. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    " I don't see your wheelchair, I just see you." this came from my one and only about 30 minutes after we met. That just doesn't happen in my world even with close friends/family; it's how I knew she was special.

6. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    you graduated high school....or your not a bad person umm...are those new glasses, yeah I haven't really had any real achievements to deserve any real compliments, I have a great support system now and am trying to get better.

7. tscott

"You are my anchor." Said by my ex early in our marriage.

8. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    *Introducing me to someone*
    He's *insert name* and he's a very good dancer.

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have a couple of examples. They are not necessarily the best compliments based on the content but because of who said them.

I work at an aquarium and deal with the public all day, so I see/meet all kinds of people. I get hit on on occasion but the best compliments always come from kids. Kids tell it like it is, so most of the time I trust them. Multiple times I've had little girls tell me that they like my hair. And the ultimate for me was when a little girl told me I was very pretty. Made my friggin day!

10. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    "You really look like a Cameron!"

Said by a person I had only met once at a party, but it really meant a lot to me that they said that, since I was born under a different name and just started going by Cameron.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

"Excuse me, ma'am, I hear there's a lot of fish here, but you're the only one I sea."

LOL. I'm terrible...

12. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

During a marriage ceremony, two of my sister's friends (girls) saw me in suit and said to my sister:

«We didn't know that you had such a sexy brother...»

When she said I'm a woman, they said to me:

«This makes you sexier».

:icon_redf

I think they aren't straight at all :roflmao:

13. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was part of a small instrumental ensemble for a holiday choir concert and the clarinet part that I was playing was the lead part for the song that we played. After the concert this gentleman came up to me and said that my playing was beautiful. About a week later I played in a local community band with the same man though he played french horn. After that concert he called me over to one of his friends and after asking if I was the girl that was playing clarinet at my school's concert he was like "[his friend's name], here's that girl that I was telling you about from the show last week. Her tone is amazing!"
    That was the first time that I had ever been complimented on my playing by an older musician and a complete stranger. It meant so much to me that he said that because no one has really ever complimented me on my playing before and it basically made my week

14. Centore

Centore Guest

I have been described as having wisdom far beyond my age.

15. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's those times people I just met tell me that it was nice to talk to me because they didn't have to stick with boring small talk and that we could actually talk about something real and laugh at the same time. People tell me I have some kind of talent and that I could talk to anybody and make them feel better. People open up to me very easily too. This always flatters me most since I have always believed that I am terrible with people. I am diagnosed with autism and I have had problems with being social since early childhood. I just can't really read people and I don't actually know what to do. I have no instinct. I just have my theories about people. I have developed my own way of being social and I am really glad it's working. It feels amazing when they tell me I am socially talented. It's all really hard work. It's great to feel like I have accomplished something.

Also those moments when somebody thought even for a moment that I was attractive as a guy.

People often tell me I am intelligent but I always get the feeling that they don't know what they are talking about. It's just awkward. It always feels like they are putting themselves down at the same time.

16. QueerQueen

I don't know the best compliment I have ever gotten, it is probably from my ex, but all those conversations are deleted.. but the most recent one I've gotten from her is "You deserve the world, I know that and if I can't give you that I know someone else can".

And the most recent one from one of my best friends is "you are so emotionally strong, you have been through so much and it is admirable".

17. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone told me I have a nice smile... but I think it was out of the blue

18. riptide226

HAHA i see what you did there:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

---------- Post added 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:58 AM ----------

mine would have to be
    I don't regret dating you, maybe one day we can try again.
    this came from the girl who i am absolutely head over heels in love with

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I usually don't take compliments seriously, I'm way too modest, except from really old people that you hold the door, or try to help. Those folks smile at you warmly and say "Thank you!", and you know they really mean it.

Yup, those... Just the random "Thank you".

This doesn't mean I don't like people paying me compliments, eh? :wink:

(Also compliments regarding the qualities of my true gender can totally made my day... But I think we are all guilty of that...)