1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Show You Care?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 28, 2015.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I show her that I care by pushing her past her perceived limits. And also by 'torturing' her with certain things (It sounds weird, but that's how our friendship works).

She shows me that she cares by sending me sweet little texts telling me that she's going to e-mail me, if she's unable to do so immediately. She also pushes me past my perceived limits and picks me back up when my lack of self-belief is winning. And she lets me 'torture' her because she knows it makes me happy. :slight_smile:

2. Mickz

It's hard to explain how I show my care so people have put me down as being an uncaring person...

I guess I show I care through anger, especially when someone I care about does something stupid, it angers me to no level that they would put their lives at risk like that, so I lash out and/or avoid them. I don't know why I do this. I also show I care with the little things I do for them, subtle things that they never notice or will realize of course, again I get called uncaring but I can't help it. I don't show I care with material things like always doing what someone asks, giving them hugs, telling them I care, I'm not a open verbal or physical person so I can't express emotion like that.

3. Tardis221B

I show my friends I care by shooting them random texts saying hi, being around if I know they're having a hard time, and listening if they ever need to vent. I'll also ask questions that refer back to something they said in the past to show that I was listening. I'll also show them random things I find online that either remind me of them or that I find amusing (I'll want to see you smile if I care about you).

I'll go their concerts, dance recitals, speeches, ect, and help them if they ever ask. I'll try to help them learn something that they don't understand, and I'll ask for their help or advice if I'm stuck. I have to really trust and respect someone before I will listen whole heartedly to their opinion.

Also, chances are if I gave you one of my works of art, you mean the world to me.

And how people can show me they care for me is pretty similar to how I show I care. For me actions and words that show you listened and understand me, speak louder saying you care.

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's different things with different people.

With my best friend: it'll be things like responding to stuff she's said esp if it's something that concerns her, perhaps offering advice where/if applicable. If I'm at her house, then offering to help with little practical things. Sometimes I have offered her a bit of money to help towards her expensive vets bills (only a bit, because I don't have much to spare!)

With another friend: I don't get to see her very often of late because she has been very busy. But I will send her messages to let her know I'm thinking of her.

With people I meet but don't know very well: politeness, compliments.

With my mother: just about everything I do for her, day to day. She is also the only one I really hug, although I have started to figure out how to do this with my my best friend and a few others (when saying hello/goodbye, giving/receiving a gift, or showing concern, seems to be the time when this is appropriate. I'm not very well practiced yet).

In general: buying/making gifts that are specific to that person rather than just generic. Sometimes fixing something that is broken if it's salvageable and I know how.

5. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

By being there. If you need me, all you have to do is call me, and I'll drop everything to be there. If you need to talk, if you need a hug, if you just need someone to sit with in silence. I want the same. I just want at least one person who will do this for me.

6. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Can't believe I forgot to mention earlier: laughter. Whether it's to cheer someone up when they're feeling down or just to brighten their day a little, making someone laugh it's one of the best things you can do. Even the usually-serious people can crack the occasional smile, it's only the totally-serious-all-the-time people I struggle with.

7. CyanChachki

I try my best to help them out. I'll even give them small gifts if I think about it. Like my younger sister likes Superman so a few years ago, I bought her a superman shot glass that had a little cape on the back of it. It was only 3$ and there was no special occasion, but I thought it would be nice. Another one was when I had a friend awhile back and I gave her a case of apple cider because she liked apple cider and I happened to find some for her at Costco.

8. tscott

Listening and wonderful little gifts on unexpected occasions.

9. Ryu

Ryu

Ermm... To my closest friend... I just do stuff for him, pick up stuff, give him answers, and I think I have grovelled to him once... To my other friends, I just joke around with 'em. When it comes to affectionate care, I have no idea. The one person I ever loved... I haven't seen in about 5 years...

10. Burnedcloset

Honestly, I dont. I'm pretty much a nice person all the time.

11. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Doing nice things for them, offering advice