1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtMs, do you miss a brother? MtFs, do you miss a sister?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DoubleSoul, Feb 25, 2015.

1. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Hello guys,

I don't define transgender myself. I feel literally on the border between homosexuality and transgenderism.

However, I hope I can post a thread over here :slight_smile:

Have you FtMs ever wished to have a brother who accept you for what you are? A brother who help you, who goes out with you as a best friend, who talks to you about men's clothes and similar stuff?

The same question is about MtFs about sisters.

As I said before, I'm not FtM but I have a sister who is very feminine and I would have wanted also a brother...

2. Yosia

I wish I had a sister.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not to grow up with an older brother, that would have made my dysphoria worse, and I'm sure that we would have been more rivals than friends.

Right now... No, I'm cool with being the older brother.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would have liked an older brother. As an adopted and only child, I have wanted one before I knew I was trans.

5. Stacy in MA

A feeling of sisterhood with an actual sister or extremely close female friend is one of the things I absolutely desire the most. I read about it all the time and desperately crave it.

6. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I have 2 brothers one older and one younger.When i was a kid my elder brother was kinda my idol.Nowadays it's a little bit annoying since the elder one says i should wear more feminine clothes since i'm pretty and it would be a waste or something and my younger one acts as if hes stronger than me even though im doing karate and am the only one of us three thats interested in sports.In conclusion it has its ups and downs but sibilings in general are a really great thing.

7. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have 4 sisters no brothers. Always wished I had a brother.

Told my youngest sister a year ago and she did not even react.
    Like I never told her, guess she does not want to know. Wants her only brother to remain her brother.

8. Tohru-Chan

Well, I identify as transmasculine more than anything right now. I don't "miss" a brother, because I never had a brother. I have three sisters.

I never wanted an older brother to love and protect me and show me the manly ways of life though. My two older sisters were grown and moved out by the time I was born. I always kind of liked being the oldest in the house.

I always wanted a little brother though. When I was 13 I begged my mom for a little brother. I don't really think this has anything do do with my trans-ness though. I just wanted a little sister ~and~ a little brother.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

No no, I would hate having siblings. Someone like me is the worst candidate for having siblings.

10. anonym

anonym Guest

I have a brother and a sister. I used to go clothes shopping and stuff with my sister but we never got on growing up. We used to fight a lot because we shared a room. She used to bite me, scratch me and pull my hair out. I used to be close to my brother when I was very young but then when my sister was born and grew up a little, they became closest and I was sidelined. So growing up I was always the odd one out, the black sheep of the family. Neither my brother or sister accepted me for who I was. They saw me as a freak and were ashamed to go to the same school as me because they didn;t want their friends knowing we were related. It was only when I became anorexic and started wearing women's clothes that were 'in' that they began to accept me. Now I've realised I'm trans and have come out to them, neither of them accept me. Seriously, from my experience having siblings is overated. Just because you're blood relatives, doesn't mean ANYTHING.

11. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I agree with you. In fact, I mean for "brother" and "sister" two people who love you for what you are, not only blood relatives.

12. jAYMEGURL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dear DoubleSoul :

I'm a very proud trans-gender-ed female, and I do have a younger brother who I haven't spoken to in two years because the S.O.B. and his wife don't believe in my new gender,
    and the really sad part of this is that I'm never to have any contact with my nephew.

Actually, my mom had what she is lead to believe, was a miscarriage, but I actually found my older sister on the internet two years ago. I told her about the real " me "
    and she was thrilled to learn about my becoming trans-gender-ed. Bethany lives in Texas,
    and was married, but now she is divorced, and is a lesbian. Bethany is coming to see me this summer, and can't wait to take me shopping. We girls have so much catching up to do.

Jaymegurl

13. Sam I Am

I used to have an older brother, he passed away when I was a teenager. I wish he could have been around to see the person I've become, and I wish I could have gotten to see the person he'd have become. When I think about the sort of guy I'd be if I was bio-male, I'd probably have looked a lot like him.

14. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I already have a younger brother, and I've always looked up to him. But I kinda wish He was my older brother, cos he's a lot more grown up than me so it feels a bit weird. But I also wish I had an older sister too, just cos I get on better with girls and we might share more interests. I feel like I should be the youngest kid I think :/

15. Lazuri

I have an older sister and while we both like each other plenty, our interests vary greatly. I could never hang out with her and she could never hang out with me and still have a good time.

16. Acm

Acm Guest

I have an older brother but he's pretty transphobic (although that might be changing) and I mostly just feel jealous of him. We have kind of a strained relationship at times but we get along alright. We were very close when we were younger but he got distant when he got older, he's a completely different person from how he used to be. We do have quite a few similar interests though.

17. ANewDawn

YES! I have three sister and was raised in a super religious home where I wasn't allowed contact with boys. It was such a hyper feminine pressure, I would have loved to have a brother around - maybe I would have understood my gender identity sooner.

18. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I already have a little brother, but we are separeted. We get along quite well when we are together, but we tease each other a lot. I like it how sometimes he says that I look like a man, because he thinks it will annoy me, but he's actually making me a compliment :grin:
    But I've always wanted an older brother with whom I can be best friend and who will understand me.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have a younger sister, and we're not terribly close. In fact, we only see each other two or three times a year, with only one of those times being guaranteed (Christmas Eve).

I can't say I miss her, because we never built any sort of deep relationship to miss.

20. SonicSpring

I grew up with two older siblings - a brother and a sister. Unfortunately, my sister will never accept me as a woman because of her religious beliefs. Not having the experience of being sisters is just one the things about not growing up as a little girl that really hurts.

My brother wasn't hypermasculine though, and I have good memories of spending time with him.