1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you choose to be straight if you could?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cloudcity, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Guest

If I were the same person I am now? I would choose to be gay. I think it was suppose to be.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think so. Aside from having already "tried" it, and feeling uncomfortable, there's also the set of expectations and traditions that come with the package. Sometimes I feel bad for friends, because there almost seems to be a sea between straight men and women, which I blame culture and society more than biology, and things that are destructive are thought to be normal, so people don't question or even think of questioning them.

With the LGB community, anyway, everything is suspect. Marriage, sexual practices, gender roles, you name it. There are conservative segments of the population, and sexism, heteronormativity, etc. also exist, but that's really something that affects us all to some extent or another.

Besides, I'm average in more than enough ways than I'm comfortable admitting.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh geez, no. :frowning2:

I actually like being bisexual. It's one of the things I take pride in about myself!

Oh, and I should mention it's fun!

~ Adrienne

#43 Pret Allez, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. Tudi

Hmm, it would make my life easier. I wouldn't hide my orientation in the reason of fear to be fired or prohibition on working with children and teens.
    Nonetheless, I'm happy I can love a person for his/her/something else personality not just for gender or sex. It makes my life more multifaceted.
    So, I think, no, I wouldn't be straight if I had the option.

5. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I'm happy to be gay.

6. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't change my sexuality and I can't imagine myself as a ciswoman. I feel like I would be somebody else if I wasn't like I am now.

7. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No. I'm feeling more and more comfortable in my own skin all the time. And women are gorgeus.

8. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nah. Getting sex as a gay guy is a lot easier than as a straight guy.

9. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not choose to be straight, but if I had the choice to be reborn as a cisguy, I'd do my life all over again in a heartbeat!

#49 RainbowGreen, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  10. Siarad

10 years ago I'd have said "definitely".

2 years ago I proposed the same(ish) question on here and was debating the answer with myself all the time.

Now - Not a chance. I may not have had a girlfriend but I love being attracted to women and how owning that makes me feel. I love my new friends, I love my LGBT groups and I love it every time someone acknowledges that I'm attracted to women.

11. spw44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No, I wouldn't. I like being who I am, and I think it's society that needs to change and become more accepting, not LGBTQ people who need to turn straight.

12. Kirito47

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't be able too after being with a guy I don't think I could ever go back

13. Theo Weiss

I wouldn't want to be straight. Straight people are quite boring c:

14. MisterTinkles

Why?

I find it strange that a lot of homosexual people think life would be better if they weren't who they are now.

Really?

I don't know ANY so called "straight" people who have it any better, of course except for the rich. But then again, you look at the rich "gay" set, and they don't seem to have any problems either.

In fact, when I scrutinize all of my friends lives who are married and "straight", they have a LOT more problems that I do!!! They have a LOT more headaches, issues, and stresses than I would ever care to have.

So why would I want to be something worse off than I am?

15. anonym

anonym Guest

I definitely would choose not to be transgender, whether that meant I was male or female. I wouldn't choose to be straight though. I'd rather be a gay guy or a lesbian, depending on what my biological sex was. I hate that I'm technically a straight guy.

16. essie

Part of me is horrified at the idea of being with a guy, but I'm pretty sure that that's the gay side of my brain talking.
    If I had the oprtion I probably would become straight though.. I've come out to very few people and I've already had two experiences I'd like to forget about even if a few others turned out to be fine. More than once, I've been told that I've chosen to be gay and, after I've questioned my sexuality for so long, someone has told me that I'm at least bysexual because my hair is long and I've gone out with a guy once, even if we didn't kiss or anything, so basically because I've once walked next to a guy. And later she told me that I just had to "find the right guy" and that I NEEDED to start looking at men more. Thank you very much for that.
    Oh, and then there's this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BFSUxiuxA
    I'd be honestly happy about being gay if it weren't for people like that.. I'm not confortable in my own skin and I've never been, that's probably what I would wanna change about myself if I could..

17. Hopeful

I've only just started coming out to people as being bisexual. I'm happy being bisexual, just nervous to tell people. I'm happy that I'm bisexual, though - definitely expands my options! :slight_smile:

18. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well from never actually fully dating a girl but wanting to sooo bad yes i would change and be straight..i want love and its so much easier to come by with guys theyre everywhere and most hit on me..girls...uhhh..yea no..never really had too many girls hit on me..

19. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  20. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

I'm happy with being gay. But I really wish I was born in another country (gay-friendly).