1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you choose to be straight if you could?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cloudcity, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Kabuki

Much like Patrick, once upon a time I would've answered yes. Now, never, not even if you tell me I can be born again. :grin:

I think that if I was straight I would have missed the oportunity to love someone as much as I do now. He's my soulmate, he understands me completely (unless I'm not explaining things correctly at all :lol: ), he makes me love myself even more and gives me the motivation to work hard. We talked about it once before (if both of us were straight) and we said that we might actually have a very platonic friendship, even try to be in a relationship because of how much we complement each other. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So no... I would never change to be straight, and, if it happens, I'm sure I would love him more than anyone in the world, just with no sexual attraction. :icon_bigg

2. Rainbows~Exist

Not exactly... I'm completely happy with myself at the moment :slight_smile: But if I could be reborn and it was like a character creation type of thing then I'd probably make myself as being a beautiful, intelligent and straight female :slight_smile:

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It seems I'm getting there fast... And it will get me kicked out of EC...

4. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I'm okay being gay.

5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I don't mind being asexual or demisexual or whatever it is that I am, but why do I have to like guys? It would just be easier if I didn't.

6. deathorbs

deathorbs Guest

No... I like being able to experience attraction to various genders, rather than being confined to just one.

As for my gender, I'd choose to be bio male in a heartbeat, if only that were possible.

7. Hatsune Miku

nope

even though it would eliminate half of my problems

8. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do like Gypsycloset statement, "Also.....boys are too damn sexy to be straight." Right on.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2015 at 06:49 PM ----------

Thats a damn good question, I've got to go have a beer and ponder this a bit. Will be back.

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2015 at 06:54 PM ----------

Well ok back from having a beverage. Since I was so shamed about my sexuality to the point of not knowing anything about who I am (brainwashed) and having never had an intimate boy friend (a deep primal sadness) I guess I will have to abstain from answering the question until I find love (hopefully) some day.

#28 brainwashed, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  9. photoguy93

I think I would.

I say this because literally every single person I'm meeting is in a relationship. My best friends are.

I'm not usually one to care about what others do, but this is just something that bugs me. If I were straight, I'd have a much easier time.

I don't really want to change, but this would only be the reason I would.

10. White Knight

Why would it do that? You are still valuable member of the EC family no matter if you are LGBT or not.

I don't think supporting and helping LGBT people is under LGBT community. Anyone without biased opinions, empathy and wisdom to share welcome.

At least that is my opinion.

(*hug*)

11. timo

Nah. I've come too far to give this up. I'm happy about who I am now :slight_smile:

12. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    as Kaiser previously stated, I wouldn't change my sexual orientation as it expands my understanding of all people around me in a way that a homosexual or straight individual probably couldn't. I enjoy this part of me that allows me to fall in love with anyone regardless of their gender.

and though I feel like it'd be much easier to have been a born a male, I think my soul is way too feminine and I'm happy with my body and gender - so, no, I wouldn't change that either!

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  14. maselalala

No. I'm happy I'm a sexual minority.

15. blackhatguy

Until recently I'd never considered it to be an option. Since I'm bisexual, I have twice as many people to check out. I feel like I could live as a straight dude if I wanted to, but I'd never want to actually be straight. It's become so much of who I am, I'd feel like I was someone different if I tried to change. The struggle has made me stronger. Probably find out being straight is more complicated than I thought

---------- Post added 3rd Mar 2015 at 08:16 PM ----------

Just think about how lucky we are. We're allowed into the same locker rooms, changing rooms, showers as the sex we like. Do straight people get that luxury? I don't think so.

In all seriousness though, it really does suck sometimes. But you knew that.

16. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Not now I wouldn't.. I've met an AMAZING girl and I adore her so much! I wouldn't change these feelings for the world! 3 years ago when I was hating myself over my sexuality and when I believed I was going to burn in a lake of fire.. I may have jumped at the chance to be straight if I could. But I was in a bad place.. I was in love with a 25 year old straight canadian backpacker and I barely had friends because I shut myself away and pushed people away!

17. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What would I want to be straight for ? ._.
    It ain't that much of a matter that it would be worth changing.

18. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes since I still very much like the idea of guys and being with one and I find that hard to let go of at times. But at the same time being gay makes me somewhat excited because for the first time in my life I realize that I am a sexual being who can be sexually attracted to people and I want to explore that part of me with other girls.

19. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Guest

I'm too tired to think about it, g'nite, all.

20. Notlad

Yikes.

It's tough to say. I mean, dealing with the difficulties of being. gay and in the closet make it awful tempting to say yes.

Ultimately life would be easier.

But it's so ingrained in who I am it's tough to say I'd just get rid of it.

So probably no.