1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F**king fuck you! I do not live to wipe peoples asses!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Feb 21, 2015.

1. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    people can be idiots. Its best to ignore them

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Ignore them or mentally beat the shit out of them? I choose the second option almost everytime.

3. tulman

I've run in to servers with bad attitudes. They're the ones who bitch about the crappy tips and everything else. DUH! What do they expect? I know what it's like to work hard for a living and so do the others I hang with. We're good tippers when we get good service, at least 20%, usually 25%, sometimes even more, especially if we linger and know that table could have turned over and generated another tip.
    A friend's son works at a popular bar-restaurant as he works his way through college. He's a good worker, always has a smile and makes it his business to know all the regulars by name. He likes working holidays. New Years Eve and Valentines Day he made $300 in tips each of those nights. He started as a busboy in high school and now he's old enough to serve alcohol. Attitude is everything no matter what the job is.

#23 tulman, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I am ALWAYS nice to customers! They just have this super annoying way of showing their appreciation. I swear most people are fake douchebags on this planet.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Beat the living shit out of them. Seriously though please get another job :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2015 at 05:10 PM ----------

Ugh tell me about it.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2015 at 05:10 PM ----------

Ugh tell me about it.

6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am always nice to customers. But in my case... they aren't customers... but residents. I work within the dietary staff at a nursing home. And I tell you, some of them are really hateful.

Lunch starts at 11:30 am and dinner starts at 4:30 pm. As mandated by state law. Some people complain about not getting their orders fast enough, or they should have been served before others. And it is my job to say, "Sorry. We take them as we get them."

And to make matters worse, we have a few people who complain about the menus. One is like "I don't like anything on here." And in my head I am like ...Then don't eat. It's your choice. And the same person will circle stuff on the menu and when I get their food to them, I get this: "I didn't order that! Take it back!" And as i do... I hear this, "Dumb idiot can't do his job right." Which is funny because I return with the menu they signed with their name.

Another resident will request yogurt. Which is fine, although not on the menu. And it's always strawberry yogurt. But when we have peach or raspberry, they complain because we are out of strawberry. Well, we are out and there is nothing we can do. That same person will constantly change their orders. By now I am use to the sudden changes so i try to compensate for time with other options. But every change they make when serving time is going down pushes our time back. And other residents complain because of that.

Just made a sandwich for one resident and another resident tried to steal it from him and take it for themselves. But the other one has dementia so... not surprising. But I was surprised when I heard, "Goddammit! I want to eat my food!" Some residents get ornery. But hey, at least work is never boring.

It's just the hateful ones that tend to get under your skin day in and day out. Sometimes the CNAs are the problem because when we aren't looking they switch menus around which makes the people who submitted their menus first get pushed back. We have this system for a reason. Don't mess it up.

One of the residents is homophobic so... gonna have to keep my sexuality under wraps. Not be so obvious with my voice and how I act. I don't want to serve them their food and walk away and have that one tell a CNA that they can't eat the food I served them because of this little fact. As stupid as it may sound, I wouldn't put it past them. But I usally have a good time when I ignore the bullshit. Sometimes I look at it as entertainment. When the few are being hateful and mean.... it's entertainment. Even when it's directed at me.

Still bugs me when one of them who is diabetic asks for 3 pieces of cake! Like hell I'm giving them 3 pieces! If I did that, I'd be fired!

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Your job sounds fun 0_o

8. tulman

It's a nursing home, what do you expect? If many of them could think clearly and take care of themselves they wouldn't be there. I believe life goes full circle and karma is real, both good and bad. Be nice, someday you may need assisted living and you'll need help too.