1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would happen if you stop drinking soda altogether?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    What happens if you stop drinking that venomous water like forever?

I don't do drugs or alcohol... hell not even coffee or tea, but Jesus, I just can't stop drinking sodas even when I'm not really thirsty... :tears::tears::tears:

#1 edy, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  2. Yosia

If you stopped drinking soda and just drank water, then you would feel a lot healthier and in the long run, have more energy. At the start you will feel crashed because you are not getting the sugar and the other crap which is in soda, but eventually you would feel a lot better. I need to stop drinking soda like I do. :3

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it would be really good for your health to stop.

My advice is: Don't cut it entirely, or you will probably suffer too much from withdrawn and will get back to drinking it too quickly. Instead, stop drinking it slowly.

How many sodas you take in a day? X? Tomorrow, try taking X-1, or X-2. Keep it up for a week (or less, if you can), then subtract 1 more.

It is still hard, but a lot easier than stopping too quickly.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/06/17/everything-you-need-to-know-about-sugar/

#3 Chiroptera, Feb 20, 2015
  4. wolfyrogue

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Drinking soda in place of water is pretty bad, but I don't think anyone really needs to tell you that. I don't want to sound like I'm at all policing you here, so I just want to give you some advice, in case you really do want to try and cut down on soda, or quit it altogether.

I've found out that sugar seriously unbalanced my mood. My brother visited me last month and we ended up having way too much sugar one day, and I just hit this massive low very suddenly and unexpectedly that day. I felt so awful that, after that, sugar was just hugely unappealing and even a cookie sounded awful. Totally killed my desire for anything sugary.

But I wouldn't recommend "overdosing" on sugar, either, because of how awful it feels. I guess if you were looking to quit soda, I'd start with thinking about what it does to your body, and maybe ease yourself into something that's still pleasurable to drink, but a bit healthier than soda.

I've also found that, when quitting other things, I like to rebel. If I tell myself I can't have something at all ever, I find myself craving it more. So another thing you could do is just start gradually cutting down on your portions, and replace the occasional one with something else. Soda as a once in a while treat is probably okay, so don't scare yourself into quitting cold turkey, otherwise you might end up setting yourself up for failure.

For me, there's just somethings I literally can't stomach now because of what happened, so quitting those certain things wasn't a problem. But there were a few other things that were hard to quit, so I had to be careful about how I approached quitting them. Eventually, I found that I just lacked a desire to go back to them.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I'll be healthy

6. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My Crown Royal would be too strong LOL...

I dont drink crown and coke often but that is the only time I drink soda.

7. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You'd cut a lot of calories out of your diet.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

You'd be healthier.

I personally never, ever drink soda. Last year I tried what it was like for the first time in many years..

And it got me sick.

9. Burnedcloset

Well, in my own experiences. I feel a lot more healthy. Soda just taste dirty and wrong to me now.

10. Vashta Nerada

Watch a few of the videos leaked about how horrible most sodas are for you/what's in them. Might encourage you a bit, but for the most part just get past a week without drinking them and it'll get to a point where the taste/thought is pretty repulsive to you.

11. oak

oak

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had a soda. They look pretty nasty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. MouseKeeper

I'd go insane. I don't drink soda very often, but damn it, I need my root beer and cream soda!

#12 MouseKeeper, Feb 20, 2015
  13. Thedistra

You'll get a headache, if you have been drinking them daily for a long period of time. It will go away after a day or so.

That seems to be the only thing unmentioned.

14. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you drink sodas with full sugar, you will see your weight decrease and your chances of getting diabetes to be lower...for starters. In addition, your teeth will get less sensitive because the phosphoric acid (a weak acid) is not degrading the enamel on the surface of your teeth.

The environment will thank you also for not disposing of a soda bottle or can somewhere.

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have had a single sip of soda for about two years. Definitely feel better for it.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I love Dr. Pepper. But I only drink it, maybe, 2 or 3 times a week.

One of the quickest ways to lose weight, is to replace your soda drinking with something else, like water. Personally, I use Kool-Aid. You can control how much sugar you put in there, and it tastes pretty good. Water is fine and all, but sometimes I like to actually taste something.

Sodas are convenient to just pick up, open, and drink. This is part of the problem you have to deal with and overcome. Buy water in bulk, or buy those individual packets of flavor to put into your water, so that you aren't tempted to go the easier route.

About the only times I drink soda is, when I treat myself. I've learned that by totally denying myself, I'll always struggle with the denial aspect. But when I've conditioned my mind and body to knowing, I'll be treated, it becomes easier. Of course, not everybody can do this, and will slip back into old habits, but it is worth mentioning.

17. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking, I quit drinking soda (ok I do have one every couple days) during the summer months because they seem to make the back of my throat feel syrupy. For the first week or so I usually get headaches, but without doing anything other than switching from soda to water I usually drop 15-20 pounds during the summer.

18. Formality

I rarely ever drink soda. The only time I drink soda is when I make drinks which is also quite rarely. A few years ago I was addicted to energy drinks and would have like 4 cans 250ml per week... Which is really bad. Though I did work out a lot at that time.

19. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't consume sugary drinks. Whenever I'm thirsty I just drink tap water.

If you stopped drinking them altogether I assume at the start you'd get the sugar cravings, but after a week or two you'd get used to the lack of sugar.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The worst thing that could happen are caffeine headaches. I used to have them years ago when I stopped drinking highly caffeinated stuff for a while. I have picked up the habit again, but I don't get those headaches anymore if I don't have one for a while or boosts when I do.

Honestly, you're so much better off without soda. You'll feel better and be healthier, since you aren't taking in as much sugar (like one can of Coke has nine tablespoons of sugar...that's intense). If you need ideas, I used to drink Propel a lot when my favorite flavors were still easy to find. It helped quench my thirst without the heavy amounts of sugars or corn syrup that's in soft drinks which always made me thirsty and want more later.