1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cutting My Hair

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lgbtqenjolras, Feb 18, 2015.

1. lgbtqenjolras

I am unhappy with my hair, it's constantly tangled and oily. I want to get a pixie cut, but I'm too scared. Nobody at my school has a pixie cut, and I don't want to be judged.

2. SkyColours38

Cutting long hair for the first time can be a tough decision, but it's soooo much easier to manage when short, I'd really recommend it! Also, pixie cuts are pretty fashionable, so I'm honestly quite surprised that nobody at your school has one. Maybe you'll be a trendsetter and show them all how great short hair is :grin:

3. Yosia

"A person who follows a crowd will only go as far as the crowd, whereas a person who goes their own way will explore new places"

I think that if you want a pixie cut, then get a pixie cut. You don't need to be moulded by other people, you are your own person, and noone should judge you for that~! ^.^

4. Aro

Aro

I had the same problem, only with family. I had huge issues with the way that my hair was. I wanted it bald. Happiest that I've ever been. You should do what makes you happy. I am sure that you won't be judged; and besides that, having a hair cut that makes you feel great boosts your confidence and makes you feel like a ray of sunshine. Or at least it does for me. It's your body and you can do what you want to your hair, regardless of what everyone thinks!

Good luck and I hope you decide to go with it. :grin: I'll be you will look awesome!

5. ANewDawn

I was screamed when I cut my hair off too, but I felt so liberated after, like a different person for some reason. If that's what you wanna do, go for it.

6. Maeve

I've gotten a pixie cut while I was in high school. I got nothing but compliments. :slight_smile:

If you aren't sure about going so short all in one go, how about a slightly longer cut--maybe shoulder length? And you could try a different shampoo/conditioner as well. I really like Alba Botanica.