1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you EVER had a crush on a best friend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Feb 17, 2015.

?

Have you EVER had a crush on a best friend?

1. YES

55 vote(s)
    75.3%
  2. NO

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. SonicBoom

Honestly when I started this thread, I thought that MOST of the votes would have been NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I thought that there are only a few of us(like myself) who are deviant enough to have a crush on their best friend.:grin:

Boy , was I wrong. :icon_wink

#21 SonicBoom, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did but I didn't know it was a crush at the time

3. OliverQ

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I go much farther than a crush. I'm currently madly in love with my best friend. There are no words for how painful it is. And my friend is also affectionate with guys, so he gives me hugs, kisses, "I love yous", we've shared a bed, etc. I've questioned whether he might be bisexual, because he treated me differently than other people and has done prolonged eye staring (more than 15 secs) at dinner before. But we got in a big fight over it last year and he said He's straight and nothing will happen. :frowning2: Who knows if it's a case of "the lady doth protest too much", but I have to take him at his word. It's killing me though. He's all I want.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. sslen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first person I fell in love with was my best friend, she also became my first kiss. Sadly we didn't work out and even to this day I would probably sell my soul to be hers but alas shes married and has a beautiful little girl.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The kind of question I shouldn't answer, or even think about it.

7. Kami

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. In college she was also my roommate. Though I didn't acknowledge it as such until later.....

8. topgear109

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best friend when she found out told everyone in my year. I was really crushed by it but I forgave her because a similar thing happened to her a couple weeks later she literally came crying apologies to me. P.s. Her problem wasn't my fault.

9. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Currently, yeah. Unfortunately, my self-confidence is non-existent, and she kinda has a boyfriend.

And we're fucking perfect for each other! We have almost everything in common! She thinks we were the same person in a past life. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh fuck me.

10. White Knight

Nope... friends are friends, preys are preys... Never mix business with pleasure.

11. Yosia

I am pretty sure I have had a crush on 75% of my best friends at some point xD
    I read somewhere - I don't know how true it is - that you are more likely to develop a crush on someone you spend a lot of time with, and know a lot about. Maybe this is why people tend to crush on their best friends a lot when they are in their sexual preference.

12. TheStormInside

I think I was probably in love with my best friend back in college. She was the person that made me first seriously start to question my sexuality. I never told her, though I thought about it more than once. We're still friends, we've been through a lot since then and things have changed, but I'm glad to still have her. Perhaps it was for the best we never crossed that line.

I crushed on another friend for a long, long time after that. So many nights of lost sleep over him, heh. He and I did eventually get together for awhile. When things were good, they were very good. But when they went bad, they went very, very badly. Unfortunately in the end we realized we could only keep on going if we did so apart from each other.

13. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My best friends are like family. To be honest I never even had fantasies about either of them. One of my best friends had a crush on me for the longest time though. I was so self absorbed back then that I somehow failed to notice some pretty obvious signs. lol.

14. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Several, and it varied I went on dates with a few girls I considered best friends but that's about it... Nothing exciting beyond that ever happened~ :slight_smile: I'm a very affectionate person so me getting a crush on a friend is a pretty common occurrence..... I've even had crushes on some of my male friends in the past too! :lol:

15. YunoGasai

i had a crush on my female best friend, i told her and she said that we should just be friends ,and i have a slight crush on my best guy friend, i was round his house the other day and we were sitting on his bed and for the entire time i wished he would lean over and kiss me,sadly it would never happen because hes a bit homophobic.

16. SeSHTroN

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, for years. Then something happend and he could not deal, I could not deal. Got messy not seen him for years.

Wish it never happened

17. Average Joe

Yes, I did have a crush on my best friend. I managed to come out to him fairly recently and get a lot of support, but he still doesn't know I used to have a crush on him (I'm not planning on ever telling him). It took me a couple years to get over him but I finally did it. I always knew there could never be ANYTHING between us because he's straight and I think that's what helped me to get over him.

18. Average Joe

Oops, accidentally posted the same thing twice. Sorry about that.

#38 Average Joe, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  19. Psaurus918

I know how you feel :-(

20. NewKid87

Oh my gosh, yes. I was in love with my (straight) best friend all through high school. It was adolescent infatuation, but it felt very real to me at the time, and I couldn't help it. It was quite painful because I couldn't tell anybody (I went to an all boys Catholic HS that was very homophobic). Worse, I never told him and cut off contact with him after I went to college bc I was young and stupid and didn't know how to handle my feelings. We're "friends" on fbook now, but he probably thinks I'm a huge jerk, which I guess I am. I wish we got "do overs" in life. I'm not proud of how I handled that.

Besides him, I've had minor crushes on straight friends, but nothing that has spoiled the friendship. I wish I could program myself to not develop feelings for straight men, but it's not something I can really control.