1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things That Grind Your Gears!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CyberScream, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When I'm working, I'm usually running the ten-items-or-less line (I work at a grocery store) and what pisses me off the most is when people come through the line with a buggy or basket full of groceries. Then they try to pull crap like "Oh I didn't know..." and I'm like, you're in here every week, you damn well know it's the ten-items-or-less line.

2. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I work in corporate IT in a Command Center, for a billion dollar global financial company. The average phone call is something like:

Agent: "Yeah..we need someone to help us out here..uh...our thing isn't working?"
    Me: Oh, um..well what application? Or is your computer not working? The phones?
    Agent: You know, our application. The home page.
    Me: What home page? Which one? (There's dozens.)
    Agent: It's the bank website..we can't open the page. (Again, a few dozen. I can usually take an educated guess at this point depending on their physical location.)
    Me: Is it erroring?
    Agent: Ummmm...well it isn't launching?
    Me: Ok..where is it not launching. Is this when you're logging in? When you're trying to open accounts?
    Agent: Oh, well..not really. People are having issues logging in I guess.
    Me: So, you guys can't log in? Or can you log in? Just customers?
    Agent: Customers can't log in. Yeah.
    Me: Oh. So just customers?
    Agent: Well we can't sign in either. It hasn't been working for the last like, hour or so. But it needs to be up right now because CSE is getting killed on their service level agreement. We need this to be top priority. So..if you could just let the director know...

Ughhhhhhhh...and I just want to die a little inside everytime. People really do not know how to be clear with their words or accurately describe a problem. That, and they actively lie about what they've done to their computers and applications like I won't find out, which really just creates more work for me. It's exhausting and soul-crushing, but it pays well for very little responsibility and actual, meaningful work.

#22 Kidd, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a clean racer in most racing games. I'd only use those tactics if the game basically encouraged them or I'm at a severe disadvantage if I don't use them. Perhaps I learned to keep my ride in one piece because some games carry damage over from one race to the next.

I'm a little annoyed by people that walk really slow, unless they have a good reason to seemingly walk without a purpose. Although it's nothing compared to slobs. It doesn't need to be super tidy but when you see crisp bags on the carpet...

4. AlamoCity

I actually use "y'all" a lot. It wasn't until college that I had a friend who said "you guys." It always sounded very weird to me :lol:.

I cannot imagine using another term for "y'all." I even sometimes use "y'allselves;" I might say, "are y'all by y'allselves?"

5. Joelouis

Oh God why has someone started a thread such as this?

I have so many things to complain about that I could be up all night typing on here and I'd still not be satisfied. Anyway here are a few:

People who snore like an express train.
    People who smoke outside, take a puff on their cigarette, throw the butt away, walk inside then blow the smoke they had in their lungs in the room so we all get it. I mean, say I went out for a meal and I took a shit in the toilet but then waddled into a restaurant to wipe my arse, I'm sure people would complain.

Screaming babies, barking dogs, loud motorbikes, mouthy teenagers, supermarket trolleys with wonky wheels, chairs or tables with wonky legs, actually anything wonky, smells, Brussel sprouts, horse shit, dog shit, cat shit, newspapers with a creased page, old people who say "In my day.....", giant snakes (they terrify me), Russle Brand, dirty hotels............

That'll do for now.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 05:11 AM ----------

....and double posts.

#25 Joelouis, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  6. White Knight

Youtube comments...

I know I shouldn't wander under videos I am watching but each time I lie to myself there will be some good comments.

7. Rainbows~Exist

Same!!! The YouTube comments section is the cesspool of the internet :dry:
    It's just filled with bad grammar, spelling mistakes, stupid questions about the actual video and trolls and idiots who respond to them :dry: Seldom do I see a comment that is in any way positive...

8. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is on par with others who say, "I can't do nothin' about it."
    No. You can do nothing about it. You can't do anything about it.

Completely agree, and I don't work in IT. In general, when people can't describe their problem, it's a little frustrating. Be specific and give me details or I won't know for a while...
    When you go to see a mechanic about your car, you don't go to them and say "it's not working". You tell them what's malfunctioning... :dry:

I'm generally alright with most things.
    Insects are annoying. What purpose do they serve, other than food for animals? Go away. There's an entire world out there, and you want in on my house. I'd be crashing in rural lands.
    The feeling of jealousy, getting out of my comfort zone, when people don't open their messages on Facebook to avoid a "seen", unwarranted rudeness, criminals without remorse, ignorance with a refusal to open up one's mind, pointless "lol" or "k"* responses, colds/flus/sicknesses, hot weather, I could go on.

* "K" is acceptable, if my conversational partner is not a big chatter or I'm sure are unaware of the negative connotation associated with that letter ("K is the ultimate killer, shut-down, way of saying f.u" as examples).

#28 heyguyswhatsup, Feb 18, 2015
  9. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Democrats and feminists really makes me angry

10. AlexPanda94

AlexPanda94 Guest

People who will preach their beliefs/opinions but won't listen to others'.
    Homophobes, racists, sexists and people trying to force their religion on you.
    Loud and obnoxious people.
    People who can't spell worth shit.

11. gleewarblergirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Om god yes! i live in VA too, and EVERYONE say y'all! I'm one of the only people around me who says 'you guys' It doesn't agrivate me very much when people say y'all, but when people say 'all y'all' that is obnoxious:bang:

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 01:49 PM ----------

okay, let's get started!
    people who say, "where is that AT?" it would be correct grammar if you didn't add the at!
    people who say, "all y'all" Ive already stated this one but i really hate it! you are saying "all you all!"
    people with no manners, especially if they say "Move!" and then shove past you. SAY EXCUSE ME!
    axe instead of ask, fustrated, instead of frustrated.
    judgemental people, I'm sorry I'm singing! or skipping down the hallway! you don't have to do it, but they bring me joy, so shut up!

#31 gleewarblergirl, Feb 18, 2015
  12. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Releasing my clutch too soon. It grinds my gears which grinds my gears.

13. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Latin teacher in HS did that to distinguish the difference between the singular and plural forms of "you", as they took different forms in Latin...

14. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

People who eat with their mouths open, I cant stand the horrible sound of them munching away.

People who push into queues, I like to be a proper Brit and respect the line :slight_smile:.

People who play music out loud on the bus/train, its really selfish. Just get some headphones for fuck sake. Why do some people think that everyone else wants to hear their shitty music.

15. 101DeadRoses

I hate when people tease others for what they like, like video games or what platforms they play on. It's just so STUPID! Different people like different things and it's not your business unless they're legitimately hurting something.
    Seriously, people are trying to say that someone likes a game as an insult. I'm like: "Yeah, I do like CoD. Deal."
    IT'S NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS.

Also, I hate the little squabble going on about how they cut their freaking sandwich.
    There are civil rights issues, Russia's going mad, and ISIL is burning people alive and cutting off their heads, and you wanna argue about a SANDWICH.
    Congratulations, you have an IQ of negative seventy-five. Jacka$$.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 01:07 PM ----------

I think you're lost, unless you're being sarcastic. I really hope you're being sarcastic.

16. black-cat

1) People who don't accept others, for things such as the colour of their skin, who they love, who they worship or natural aspects they can't control, like their health.
    2) Graphic content of animals in pain or dying.
    3) Feeling unloved, hated or alone.

17. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am annoyed by people who add apostrophes to plural words(improperly giving them possession).

I dislike it when people ask for tons of sauces and get mad at wait staff for not preparing something exactly like they like it. An example is for someone to ask for cheese on the side, then the person gets mad that the cheese is on a different plate. This particular person also gets mad if the waitress asks "are you ready to order?" Show some manners.

18. Burnedcloset

Myself, sometimes.

19. YunoGasai

everything all of you guys said and people that use the an 94/scar h/ or Remington on black ops 2. my god these try hards have nothing better to do than to just use the most op guns in the game. makes me so sad.

20. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. People who walk and/or drive slow.
    2. When you go the movies and people look for somewhere to sit an there just standing around thinking where they're gonna sit.
    3. When people act like douche bags
    4. When people complain and they don't do anything.
    5. People who live off welfare so they don't have to work.
    6. Politics
    7. The kardahians
    8. Homophobic people
    9. When you know the answer to something SO simple and someone else can't figure it out.
    10. Arizona
    11. The sun
    12. Religion and brainwashed religious people.
    13. Mormons (not all but alot)
    14. The summer
    And the list just goes on.