Senior Trip vacation Swimwear

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bryaninau, Feb 16, 2015.

1. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello lovely folks,
    Ok so I need some help with a small problem. So I am going with my university graduating class on a senior trip to Disney and have no idea what swim wear I should get and bring with me. In the past I have had those typical board shorts the ones everyone wears but I find them to be so uncomfortable and they irritate my parts down there. I then tried a speedo jammer which i really liked except for the part where there was a lot of pressure around my legs, where the suit ended. I now need a new suit as nothing fits me anymore, I have always like the brief/speedo look but don't currently have a great body for them. Would eventually want the speedo, so was also thinking about the square trunk that fits smaller but still am afraid of what others will think.

Am i putting too much thought into this? Should I even care what others think of me? My main friends are going with are all girls even though I am rooming in another room with all guys, don't care about me being gay and love me. What should I do concerning the swim suit. Please help.

2. HornPF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're bold: go for a pair of swim briefs. Have a nice pattern (ie. Not plain black)

If you want to wear swim shorts or boardshorts, you can wear a pair of swim briefs under them for comfort. Then, you have the option of stripping out of your shorts, revealing just a swim brief.

For wearing for long periods, you should try on a pair of swim briefs in a shop. Some allow you to, such as a Speedo store. They should be comfortable, non restricting. No need to downsize as you're not racing/ fitness.

Hope this helps.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dislike wearing standard men's trunks, and I suspect that I'd despise board shorts. But the bad news is that for certain settings, that is the expected standard in the US... I suspect--but only suspect--that might be the case for your proposed trip.

I sometimes swim for exercise during a local pool's recreation time, and at those times I wear a Tyr suit that has more coverage than Speedo-style briefs, but considerably smaller than normal trunks. I think it might be the same as or similar to the one at this link.

Men's 8" Nylon Team Trainer Swimsuit - Swimwear - Mens | TYR

I am not wild about it, but it works well enough, and, to date, as far as I can tell, has not upset any recreation patrons. But no guarantees that that would be the case everywhere.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2015 at 06:44 AM ----------

Might be worth considering. One reason I hate trunks is the lining, but if one is wearing something under the trunks, the lining might not be so objectionable.

Yes, this is a good idea. Comfort is a major consideration for me.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2015 at 06:49 AM ----------

Of course, one could also just change the trip destination. A nudist camp would eliminate all worries about swim suit styles. :lol:

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the Disney referenced is Disney World, there are a couple of those very close. I know there's one in Kissimmee. (I worked in that area for about a month. No, I never visited that specific location)

5. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it's Disney world in Orlando Florida, and BMC77 Thanks for the link it's really about comfort for me too. I like to be comfortable and not wear a lot when I am outside especially being in a swimsuit. The link you posted was the exact style I was thinking for public areas so I will get a few. I think I hit the point where I don't care what people think need to be who I am.

BMC77

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What state/country are you from? It may seem off topic, but different people look at swimwear in different ways.

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is another good point. When I was working down there, I was staying at a hotel that primarily had guests from Europe, and so most guys at that hotel wore speedos in the pool and hot tub.

8. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am from MA, USA