1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

interesting facts about yourself that no one knows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by africanFlower, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sang the national anthem at my elementary school's talent show as the first act, 99% untrained, a capella. Naturally being a ten year old who was shy to have one person hear him sing now doing it for a whole auditorium paying rapt attention, I was a hot mess. Somebody even managed to record it on video, that my mom would find an excuse to show to anyone. Under the circumstances I thought I did very well, but I was so embarrassed by the video that I hid (and summarily disposed of) the cd with the evidence. To this day I don't think anyone knows I "lost" it on purpose.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've posted something like this before, but it had a minimum of 20 things. If I pick and choose from those things, that are the most interesting about me, that some don't know (since that other thread has been read), they would be:

- I used to sell narcotics. Everything from prescription medication to meth, with marijuana, sedatives, and cocaine being the most profitable sells.

- I've been to jail (I said prison elsewhere; I'd like to correct that here) for one week (7 days). The reason? I hit a member of the Ku Klux Klan during one of their rallies in Dawson Springs, KY*. The charges were dropped though, thankfully.

* And no, I didn't go because I support the KKK. I went out of curiosity, and to have an idea of what "the enemy" was up to. One of the Klansmen was heavily intoxicated, started some problems, and I defended myself. And I would probably do it again, because I can't stand racism.

- While I can't "beat" a lie detector, I have been the only one, in a class of 25-30, to obtain an inconclusive result, both times it was demonstrated. Basically, it could not read me. My Criminal Justice professor used to joke with me, that I'd make a good criminal.

- I can orgasm from sound alone, since I am particularly sensitive to certain sounds. I possess something called ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response), which gives me tingles; a head and body high, basically.

- The first thing I do, when entering a new room, is look for three things: an exit to leave from, if things get uncomfortable, something to barricade/shield myself, if things get out of hand, and a potential weapon, if things become do or die. I don't like to feel totally out of place, and like to be prepared for as much as I possibly can.

- I have a difficult time seeing the color white, with my left eye. This is due to being shot in the eye with a BB gun. Simply put, in my left eye, if any other color is near/surrounding white, that color blends in to the "white area". However, I'd take that color distortion over the loss of an eye.

- I have contingency plans for social unrest (locally) and the zombie apocalypse (locally). Originally started as a joke, then to kill boredom, these plans, eventually became more expanded and detailed. I am confident, alone and not relocating, I could survive for several months. I like to be prepared; and it is kind of fun, thinking up such plans for different scenarios, too.

- Marijuana, Acid, and Mushrooms are the "heaviest" drugs I've done. Of these three, only marijuana and mushrooms were intentional. Acid, however, I was kind of tricked into taking. At the time, it wasn't so funny, but looking back, it's amusing-enough, the whole Acid incident.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't think of much stuff that no one knows, but I can come up with things hardly anyone knows.

When I was little, I was pretty much obsessed with eating toilet paper.
    For some reason I can see my left armpit, but not my right one.
    I cry myself to sleep most nights, and I honestly have no idea why.
    After every bite of food, I rub my spoon or fork.
    My vision in my left eye is absolutely terrible, but it's not that bad in my right.
    I'm afraid of almost every animal to exist.
    When I was in elementary school, I was always trying to kiss my friends.
    The reason I sleep with so many stuffed animals is because I'm afraid I'll roll off the bed in the middle of the night, and I think they'll prevent that.

That's all I can think of right now...

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My shrink said I had something called Adult giftedness.

I have memories from an extremely young age.

I could draw really well from a very young age and still do.

I can't touch animals without freaking out and washing my hands.

I can read body language and detect people lying very well.

I am highly sensitive...meaning a lot of sounds or strong smells can drive me nuts, also I soak up emotions like a sponge....so being around depressed or angry people is not advised :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have no trouble learning languages.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When my mom was trying to have children, a woman from church went up to her and told her that she'd had a dream that she was pregnant and walking in a garden of gigantic green vegetables. The woman said that she felt like she was supposed to tell my mom about it. Maybe about a year later, I was born.

When I was born, 2 interesting things happened. 1) I did a push-up fresh out of the womb. 2) The delivery doctor and a second doctor both claimed that I looked like I had Down Syndrome. The 2nd doctor was supposed to arrange for me to get tested at SickKids, but when my parents checked there was no appointment. They called the hospital to track down the doctor but he doesn't exist. My dad thinks it was a demon.

7. tulipinacup

I had a very sensitive knee back when I was younger and to the point that when it gets hit on a hard surface such as the table, I pass out.

I nearly had my leg stuck in an elevator when I was a kid.

When I was born, my mother said that I literally came out of her womb without even the help of the doctors.

I am fucking badass when it comes to playing squable

I have a very good intuition.

I do not know how to play chess.

When I was a kid, we had a bitchy baby sitter who wouldn't let us play outside and has always been very mean to us so as a "revenge", I hid inside our fridge so she would get in trouble when my parents find out that I'm not home and it worked. She wasn't fired though.

My mum was the principal when I was in elementary but despite that, I've been in a lot of trouble and have been suspended because of it.

I am left handed but I carry things with my right and I kick a ball using my right foot.

I used to be terrified watching the music video of Coldplay's "Yellow" when I was a kid.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 12, I survived simultaneous bouts of typhoid and hepatitis A (this was way before they had vaccines for it like they do now).

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

1. I was almost born in two toilets, my dad's truck, and a parking lot because I wanted out so badly. My mom had no time to change into a gown or get an epidural.
    2. I have a weird blood disorder in which my red blood cells are shaped like spheres instead of disks.
    3. I had my gallbladder removed when I was thirteen.
    4. I'm scared of thunderstorms, fireworks, and cats.
    5. I've fed sharks, stingrays, and sea turtles. All for work, and it was awesome!
    6. I would rather talk to and be around animals than humans.
    7. I get sea sick but want to be a marine biologist who lives on a ship.
    8. I have a first degree black belt in American Kenpo.
    9. I cry if I have to make a presentation/speech for class or any formal meeting, but my job is literally public speaking, on a friggin microphone.
    10. I can't touch ham without freaking out.

10. essie

I can roll my tongue upside down from on either sides, which means that tecnically I can turn it around 360 degrees and I can also turn both my arms 360° around, because of my hypermobility. I can also make a really loud, high pitch scream and I secretly wish they'd make me dub an horror movie. Ahaha

11. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tacos make me irrationally happy

12. Yosia

I can trip over nothing! :lol:

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been arrested three times. No criminal charges or anything mind. I'd like to say that it as for a just cause but in reality it wasn't.. at all. But there you go.

Yeah, I'm a badass motherfucker. Deal with it.

#33 imnotreallysure, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  14. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My eyes are extremely sensitive. So I have to be looking at stuff that is movie. Like my brain has to constantly be processing information otherwise my eyes will strain.

Also if I am in light, I can't do anything without my glasses. But if it is dark, almost pitch black... then I don't need my glasses.

15. Sos13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't take picture without tears eyes , also get teary eye when people stare at me

16. Gen

Gen

I might have shared this fact on here, but most people in the real world are shocked to find out that I was a star basketball player on multiple teams throughout my early childhood. That's right kids. This fabulous fairy was totes a jock!

Now, that I think about it: I started off living the Black athlete stereotype, but at least I could have monetized that. Who is paying people to be lazy twinks these days? Sometimes I just think, "What happen to me?? What have I become???".

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You were a master at handling balls. Why am I not surprised?

<3

18. Gen

Gen

This is exactly what I tried to explain to my family when I gave it up. I would always be a ballplayer at heart. I just wanted to dedicate my time towards playing for another kind of team. :wink:

19. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I have the first 83 digits of pi committed to memory.

20. Psaurus918

I was born with a kidney disease (not sure what disease) and was immediately rushed to a bigger hospital an hour away for surgery.

I suffered from migraines from grade school all the way up to high school. I would get such bad headaches I'd be bed ridden and throwing up hours on end at least 2-3 times a week.

When I get really mad at someone I pretty much shut down and don't talk to anyone and pace around my room thinking over and over how mad I am until I get over it instead of confronting the person.

I lack self confidence and for that reason I don't talk much when hanging out with friends or when meeting new people in fear I will say the wrong thing or they'll secretly make fun of me (even when I'm sure they're not)