1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swimming

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Feb 13, 2015.

?

Can you swim?

1. Can't swim at all

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. Swim a little

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Decent swimmer

60 vote(s)
    45.5%
  4. I'm almost a fish

35 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't swim because I don't see the point. Splashing around in water just isn't appealing to me. I don't see how people find it fun.

Plus, here's a fact for you swimmers:
    Every public pool contains many other people's fecal matter

2. HornPF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There can be so many hot/ cute people near universities (and lifeguards) to perv over in very little clothing (swim briefs)(!) and a free shower so-to-speak. It saves on the water and gas/ electricity bill.:thumbsup:

3. Yosia

I dont necessarily enjoy swimming, but i can handle myself in water probably better than i can on land. :lol:

4. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never seen the ocean but from what I've heard I think I'll stick with my lakes

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a decent swimmer. Is it okay if I brag for a minute? I can beat the wave machine. I'm literally swimming against a current. At the swimming pool near the beach they even say 10/5/1 minute warnings that beginners or unsure swimmers should leave the pool or stick to the shallow end.

I've been swimming since I was a kid. I took a long break in my teens. Now I'm lucky if I go once a month. It's easier when I go with somebody I know. I feel terribly uncomfortable changing my clothes around strangers. Not that I'd be okay dropping my clothes at the drop of a hat around friends! Even if I've locked myself in a changing room.

I think it would be cool to swim in the ocean at the beach. There are tons of dead jellyfish on the sand leading to the ocean. Dead jellyfish can still sting. So I keep my distance. I also find sand really annoying. I don't understand how some people can walk around on it barefoot.

Have you ever went gorge walking? The first time I went our instructor lied about there being piranhas in the water :lol:

6. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can swim alright, I am fairly athletic in general so that's not really surprising. I used to really dislike swimming but now I am pretty ambivalent towards it. I don't dislike it but nor is it something I enjoy doing. If I am with family/friends or such than I will sometimes, but most of the times I avoid the water. Mostly because when I was much younger I got accidentally elbowed in the head by an older kid who was running by which caused me to fall into the pool in a bit of a daze. Fortunately a life-guard hauled my ass out of the water before I drowned. I still don't like swimming very much but I have gotten over the fear of water that previous incident left me with.

7. Silas

Swimming is just one more thing I suck at... I tried taking lessons once but it was an epic epic fail :lol: The only way I'm getting in the water is if I'm sitting in one of those tubey raft-y things keeping me afloat.

8. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to have absolutely no idea on how to swim until i was 10, where i finally got actual swimming classes (Part of my school's PE classes). Even so, i'm still terrible at swimming and i can't keep myself afloat through threading; i have to move or hold on to something.

9. ChameleonSoul

I'm no Michael Phelps, but I can handle myself in water.

10. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Literally swimming is the best physical activity I've ever done. Looove wave pools because swimming against them is fun. Jumping and diving after a wave feels like your riding it too.
    I'm paranoid about beaches though, sharks, jellyfish, dangerous aquatic aliens petrify me. Their murkiness gets me uneasy, especially when I go farther in which I love doing since I love scaring myself. I'm very daring. Wish I could swim faster though.

11. Notlad

I mean I don't have all the techniques or anything learned but I swim pretty well I can go for a while when I'm snorkeling or something

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a decent swimmer. I've been swimming all my life, spent every summer on a beach, lived near a beach for half my life. I love the water. My sister, dad, and me used to spend 3+ hours in the water before taking a break.

13. I'm perfectly fine. The only stroke that I can't seem to do is backstroke.

14. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm okay in the shallow end but in the deep end I need a pool noodle. I can't float on my back either.

15. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i actually just learned last summer..lol..im still afraid of deep fast running water tho..oceans kinda too altho ive alwAys wanted to try surfing..ohh and wakeboarding..

16. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can swim a few feet, and that is about it. It has been forever. I cannot float on my back either. Of course, it certainly makes me feel like an oddball being almost everyone from MI can swim.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Decent swimmer. I can tread water for a very long time (tested over 15 minutes while passing a 5-pound weight around with others, no touching the sides or bottom) and am fairly fast across the surface in a few strokes, but I am a bit limited underwater. I am much slower beneath the surface and can't hold my breath very long; any more than ten seconds and I'm looking to come back up. I want to push it to about thirty by getting in better shape. :slight_smile:

Being on the Atlantic coast and around pools my whole life, it was not very long before I was quite comfortable in the water.

18. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm trying to become a lifeguard, so I guess I can consider myself a very, very weak fish. (I have trouble saving people over 100 pounds >_> I have no strength whatsoever...). I haven't swam in a bit, but hopefully that changes very soon.

19. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been about a decade since I last swam. Apparently I can confidently swim in deep water without any assistance. Bearing in mind that this was at a pool in Spain and I didn't swim very far. No idea how far I can swim.

20. Emmanuella

I can swim but suck at it... no fancy strokes and like zero endurance