Buying flowers for guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Feb 12, 2015.

1. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It would be super sweet since I love nature although chocolate is way too hard to resist and I may prefer it.
    I would definitely get a guy flowers if he's worth it to me. Not the roses, or tulips, something of a different kind. Perhaps, less feminine if I was dubious around him being into all of that. Gestures are more valuable than the substance itself I think.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't send it, I would give them! Since my mom has a botany degree, I've always been in love with plants and nature, especially flowers.

3. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't mind receiving flowers! I would see it as something very sweet! Actually, I offered one to my crush, and he didn't think it was not ''masculine'' (it was a blue rose). It didn't end how I wanted it, but hey, he seemed to have appreciate the gesture.

4. Jonathan

I would be delighted if someone gave me flowers and would think that it was an incredibly sweet gesture on his part.

5. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm "meh" about flowers because I can't eat them and they're more of a gift for girls, but I'd be honored anyways if I got some for Valentine's Day because no one has shown an interest in me before.

6. White Knight

I would buy them of course. I did in the past... even picked flowers for guys I've interested. While I care very little for recieving them I would greatly appreciate the thoughtfull gesture.

I like carnations, daisies, sunflowers and yellow roses best if anyone thinking about sending me flowers.:grin:

#26 White Knight, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't assume that most guys would prefer recieving them, but I love flowers and I would be thrilled to have some given to me.

8. robclem21

When I go on a first date with a guy, i always buy them a yellow rose. :slight_smile: I think its really cute without going over the top (my dating calling card if you will). Personally I think its dependent on the guy, but I would love getting flowers from someone close to me. I think a couple small really pretty ones are much nicer than extravagant bouquet though.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love plants and flowers, and would love receiving these as I would any similar beautiful gesture.

A small rose for a lapel, if we were going someplace fancy would be perfect.

On the other hand, we've been so creative with other symbolic elements (kerchiefs, etc.) that it would be nice if we, as gay guys, could come up with something we could call our own (of course, it would soon enough be appropriated by the general culture...we're just too fabulous to ignore...)

10. tscott

I would be thrilled. They're such a pleasure and luxury this time of year. I force bulbs for a bit of color against the cold and grey of harsh winter winds. Men giving each other flowers goes back to the Renaissance. The derogatory use of the word "pansy" for someone gay grew out of that tradition.

Buying flowers for another man would depend on the individual, however, I'd hate for this gesture of love to be taken as a frivolity or worse.

11. Zombi3

Yeah I would love to receive flowers, its cute :slight_smile:

12. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldnt mind at all. He/she made an effort on buying/arranging flower, so who am I to refuse. :slight_smile:

13. Joelouis

I'd rather have the money instead......

14. 741852963

I think recieving any gift is nice, but I can't say flowers would be my first choice.

They just seem a bit of a faff to the recipient to me. You need a vase, then you have to cut them, then feed and water them, then they rapidly decompose in your room whilst you pull more and more dead ones out leaving the bouquet looking sad and turning the water into that horrible brown smelly sludge. (Can you tell I'm not a fan?! :lol:slight_smile:

But yeh, if I recieved them I'd be flattered and act polite, then quickly pass them off to my mother!

There are actually a few varieties of flowers that are edible. Tulips and roses are I believe. People put them in salads.

15. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never sent a man flowers but I would think about it and I wouldn't mind if I was given them

16. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Eff yeah I'll take some flowers! I would also accept a poem or a box of chocolate. I like that romantic stuff. Also, check your bank funds before we go to the restaurant, because I'm going to be ordering the baked stuffed lobster.

#36 Blackbirdz, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  17. HornPF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I too have a phobia of flowers. The word makes me sweat and my heartrate goes up.

18. ChameleonSoul

I probably wouldn't give them to a guy unless they were OK with it, but I'd love to get flowers. Of course, I'd be fine with any gift. All that matters was that he thought of me when getting it.

19. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't want flowers because they're crazily overpriced on valentines day and Id feel like it would be a waste of their money. I'd rather recieve something I can keep for a long time

20. hyacinth girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got my boyfriend roses for Valentine's day and he loved them. I knew that he wanted flowers so I got him some. Simple as that. Gender stereotypes are stupid, it all depends on what the person likes.