1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imitation Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Milonov, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Why hasn't anyone made a thread about it yet?

It's easily one of the best movies I have seen in a while! Pure, concentrated greatness.

2. littlesami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I saw it too, and it was brilliant. I mean I just love benedict Cumberbatch, but his role was great, and the story, and the others too...
    Truly, it's a movie you need to see

3. therunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The few scenes of him as a teen with his first crush were so beautiful.. Pure, innocent love.

4. lgbtqenjolras

I saw it with my boyfriend, and we both fucking loved it. Benedict is such an amazing actor, and the story is amazing. It honestly needs so much more attention.

5. LiquidSwords

It's like they saw cumberbatch in sherlock and just thought they'd recycle the character instead of try to get an actual likeness to the real life alan turing.

Painfully unsubtle all the way through "are you sure you're not a receptionist?" see do you get it women are supposed to be dumb in 40s uk.. :icon_roll

Also, if a film presents itself as a biography or as if its depicting actual events then it has to actually be/do that.. there's being liberal with facts and then there's this film

Oscar nomination is mental, 8.2 on imbd is mental

6. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Great movie that whitewashed the character's sexuality... just like it has been done a million times before, for example with Constantine. In the comics the character was bisexual, in the tv show he's straight. So typical. When do they whitewash lesbian characters? Oh, that's right, never.

7. Milonov

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I actually agree somewhat. I expected the kids to kiss :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Then again, Kid!Turing's acting was wooden, so maybe it was for good.

8. starfish

I just watched The Imitation Game. It has been a while since a movie made me cry.

I get angry when I think about what happened to him. He should have been knighted, instead what they did to him was just in human.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I liked it.

10. gabroxs20

I love Benedict Cumberbatch so I originally so it for that reason. And I loved it, it made me both happy and sad and left my crying at the end. I saw it for the second time with my mom a few weeks ago and I appreciated it even more then and I'm so happy it won that Oscar and the speech the winner made was fantastic.

11. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw it a few months ago when it was in the movies...I didn't think they whitewashed his sexuality at all, in fact I think you'd have to have a heart of stone to see what they did to him and not be devastated.

Fun fact: The Turing test is named after him, and the movie Ex Machina is basically about one long Turing test to determine if the AI is real.