1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hiems, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Hiems

[YOUTUBE]oc_9r4wifFc[/YOUTUBE]

Holy :***: this game looks incredible. I got goosebumps from just watching this.

For all of you Shin Megami Tensei fans out there, you have to see it.

Now I need to buy a PS3 again to play this because my brother sold it.

2. Bolin

This is all I've been posting about on Tumblr, so much so that I'm already halfway at the daily post limit and it's only a quarter past 10 am... This game looks so good

And tHE VELVET ROOM TWINS a;sldkashdg;oasidfuap

3. Hiems

Everything about this game looks amazing. The theme might be... the main characters are students by day and superheroes/superheroines by night! That would be so cool :grin:

And for some reason, the last few seconds of the trailer is making me think that there is a new Persona system. Maybe the characters can transform into the Persona itself? I mean it looked like the character was changing his form...

4. Quiet Raven

About time we get a real trailer!! Yay!! :slight_smile:

5. Hiems

Holy crap, 11k likes and only 86 dislikes within hours. Seldom do you see that happen!

Aghhhhh I want to get this game soooo badly

6. kem

kem

I am so excited for P5, I saw it earlier and I haven't been able to not think about it all day!

7. Quiet Raven

Same here! I watched the trailer 3 times and I even played a bit of Persona 3 because I was in a Persona mood! Lol.

8. Hiems

Wikipedia posted a key visual showing the protagonist with his persona. For some reason it kinda reminds me of Izanagi from Persona 4 o.o

I wonder what arcana the characters' Personae will have. My guesses are:
    Protagonist - Jester
    Cat - Star (because it replaces Teddie xD)
    Male friend - Emperor
    Female friend - Empress

9. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need this so bad! Totally picking up the PS4 version.

10. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome! I'm reminded of Vincent Brooks of Catherine for a moment. Guess I need to start saving for the new gen consoles.

11. hat123

Hopefully it's gonna be released on another console like PS Vita!

12. Deaderpool2

the game looks amazing. Hiems you were saying about the persona in the image, if u watch the trailer and pause at 58 seconds in that is what allot of people believe it will be, it has the same kind of top hat and frilly neck thing (forgot the name) in the image and if u look at whats around it you'll notice feathers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    what mythological creature/entity its meant to be i have no idea, though given the main characters are thieves id guess something that fits that in a mythology/folklore.
    here is a fan art someone has made putting the two images together so we can get a better idea of what it will look like [​IMG]
    That end scene, i get the feeling its more likely to be his shadow, the blood around his eyes being a darker version of the mask he wears when he is his "true self" as the phantom thief, his glasses being a disguise so people will assume he is a shy glasses guy (which so many of us thought he would be till this trailer). the fact its blood may suggest he has done something in his past that was violent or be his suppressed desire to be more violent, since shadows are about your inner more darker thoughts. i could be way off the mark, im just guessing with what we've seen. hopefully we wont have to wait much longer for more details and a release date, though id heard months ago it was meant to be out in march. i really hope we dont have to wait another year for this game.

Edit: just had a thought, hes usually in the magician arcana but Loki is the god of trickery, fire and was chained to a rock as imprisonment. he was a god hence the wings but was the devil of norse mythology hence the horns. thats one possible theory on the protagonists persona.

#12 Deaderpool2, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  13. Hiems

Welp, more information was leaked about the protagonist and his persona: Persona 5 Details On The Protagonist, Setting, And Dungeons

His persona's name is Arsene, which is likely based on Arsene Lupin, a thief and master of disguise. His outfit (the overcoat and masquerade mask) kinda makes sense now, lol

14. Deaderpool2

thats cool another persona based based on something other than religion and mythology like alice, though was arsene lupin a real person or fiction? i went onto persona 5's tumblr page and they had this picture, look at this thing! and look at the detail of it during a fight, shame the pic is tiny.

[​IMG]

15. Gregarity

man i dont even play Psona and the art direction for the UIs alone is reason enough for me to want the game gyatdAMN

16. BornAnew

WOW looks incredible!!!!!

Can't wait! Need to catch up on P3 & P4 again. I hope they make HD remasters for PS3 or PS4!

This & FFXV will make JRPG's king again!

17. Killuwatt

I've never played a Persona game before but some of my friends are really into it and the animation and overall feel of this trailer has just sucked me in. Too bad I don't have a console :frowning2:

18. Quiet Raven

It would be really cool for P4 Golden to be ported onto the PS3/4. And I would love to have one more remake of P3 to mix the best parts of Fes and Portable.

19. AlexTheGrey

I would probably buy a remastered P3 FES + Portable release. I wound up going through FES, and dang. The quality of life changes they made to Portable are sorely needed. But ripping out all the animated sequences, and making navigation menu based outside of Tartarus was rough. Wouldn't be looking forward to another fight with Nyx though.

Persona 5 has been on my buy list since the first teaser a few months ago.

20. Deaderpool2

there were some concerns that social links would not be a part of the game since they werent listed in the main menu shown on the trailer. atlus has said there will be social links but that they will be different.
    if u look at the menu there is something called co operation which i think is the new social links since because they are criminals (possibly) its more likely they have underground connections than actual friendships, at leasts thats what im guessing. but so many people were worried that social links were going to be left out.
    whats the one feature you guys enjoy the most from the persona series? is it the combat, collectable persona's, the story or the social links? id have to say it was the social links for me because you got more info or your mains and sides whilst also boosting ur personas.

#20 Deaderpool2, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015