1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adam's apple... dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by edy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was 15 or 16 I remember being scared of having a big Adam's apple... Fortunately this never happened and I can't tell you people how glad I am because of this. Actually I have a very small one which makes my neck very feminine

However, if you do have a noticeable adam's apple, how do you deal with it? does this cause you dysphoria or you couldn't care less?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have one :slight_smile:

3. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    neither do I

4. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 15, I have no visible Adam's apple. I'm glad too because it makes me feel more feminine. I'm not trans, but I like being feminine. Just the truth.

5. Lazuri

It is a cause of dysphoria for me and I'm glad that the transition process in Sweden involves a trachea shave.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Dude! She's a guy! Check out the Adam's Apple!" "Dude! Look at those hands/feet/whatever totally a man!" Yeeeeaaaaaahhh, this is the s:***:t I heard a lot growing up, it was never fun to hear... I think the "obvious signs" that I was born male were my biggest fears about coming to terms with my gender identity.... Worse when I heard it from people I considered friends... :bang: It's like, every little thing, every slight imperfection is a tell.... And people act like you're the one doing something wrong just by trying to pass, trying to be who you are! :bang: Yeah, I'd say those notions can be a trigger for me.... :tantrum: That said I don't have a pronounced adam's apple but I worried over it a lot as a kid, praying I'd never have one... guess I got lucky...

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I wish I had a prominent Adam's apple! Luckily, for being pre-T it's shows slightly already.

But gets again, I of course WANT people to say "is that a dude in a dress?" Haha

8. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it would be interesting to know if somebody here has gender dysphoria for NOT having a prominent adam's apple, too

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Let me just say that I would kill to have one. I used to be told, growing up, that I had a "pretty" neck.

Luckily for me, I can still coast by on the whole excuse that puberty is late (because, yeah, the puberty I want is a little later than I'd like), but I don't want a pretty neck, damn it! I want a big, masculine adam's apple that perfectly compliments a beard that doesn't look like I just glued back hair on my face.

10. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people

I understand you, my hands and feet are so big :lol: the only thing I can do is pedicure and wear gloves when I work out so my hands are going to feel like a woman's hands, even if they don't really look like it :smilewave

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

An Adam's apple is, probably, the least of my worries when it comes to dysphoria.

Maybe it plays a role, but it's a minor one. My lack of curves, I feel, as well as a lack of breasts, is what kills it for me. The shape of my face, it isn't as feminine as I'd like, but it isn't the worst either. Still, these have a more prominent role than an Adam's apple, in how I may feel.

12. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess other things can cause more dysphoria

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

For people who have dysphoria, it's different for everyone. Some things set people off more than others. And in what sense are you using dysphoria if you don't mind me asking?

14. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a biological female but my adam's apple has been known to receive comments (long thin neck, everything shows more). I've never really understood why it is so commonly treated as a gender trait, there's plenty of people that don't fit the mould.

15. markosss

Im 17 and my Adam's apple is huge.I felt embarrassed in the past but now I am ok with it.