1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I help her????

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JT7314, Feb 2, 2015.

1. JT7314

My girl, is i think, possibly gender confused. I would like to help her through this time in her life but i can't really think of anything else to do but try new things in the bedroom. She likes "being a man" in bed and im ok with her feeling that way but what we can't figure out is if she is ...idk...what she is i guess. I'm very supportive and extremely open to new things and i'm just happy and proud of her that she doesnt feel uncomfortable showing that side of her. I support her 100% and no matter what she figures out or decides it's not going to change how i feel about her. I was wondering if there was anybody out there who knows how i can help her through this and help her figure things out?? I would also like to get some transgender responses and how you came to realize it and also maybe if you were in a relationship at the time how you dealt with it?

2. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't really give you any specific advice but I think you're doing a great job already by just being there for her and showing her your utmost support. Your partner is very lucky to have you :slight_smile:

3. Lazuri

I was in a relationship at the time actually.

I had been gender confused for a very, very long time and my fiancée found this band named Steam Powered Giraffe and started to obsess over it. That band happened to have a transgender member and we started talking about it.

Being exposed to so much information on the matter just kinda made it click for me in this disney-esque moment of realization. I say disney-esque because I almost sang "I don't know when, I don't know how, but I know something started right now. Watch and you'll see. One day I'll have tits and a vag."

Actually, in retrospect I regret not singing that.

Anyways, I think the best thing to do here is to just supply her with information and let her figure it out on her own.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    Am I Transgender or Transsexual - Teens Wonder Am I Transgender or Transsexual
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

she probably is happy with her body, but its possible she likes to express a bit more...
    one possibility would be androgyne, both man and woman...

another possibility would be what is called a tomboy...
    a woman with a bit male expression...

or simply to wear one or two pieces of unisex clothing on a day she feels like it...
    and feminine outfit on other days...

well and another is she is happy with her looks, and only wants to change some things like in the bedroom... some people report fantasies like that, without wanting to change much else...
    so she can have both her feminine and a masculine side...

what is her style right now ? Is she a bit masculine or more feminine ?

hugs

#4 jay777, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  5. JT7314

actually she's more masculine even in just the way she walks. We have a strap on she uses in the bedroom but she sometimes just wants old fashioned lesbian love. For the most part...well lets just say we got our moneys worth buyin that thing. Yesterday we went on to a sex toy site and i told her to look at the gender expression section and and something she wanted. So she did and i feel good that she's trying things. I just hope that she's not going to be disappointed with it...but i guess i can't really help that.I even told her if she wanted to end up getting a sex change down the road or something that i support her 100% I am in love with HER and not for what she is. All i know is she perfers masculine and honestly so do i for her. It just seems to fit her better. And we are both into it so we are on the same page there.I guess i just feel helpless sitting here while shes trying to figure things out.:icon_conf

6. WillowRose

Love her, keep telling her you love her, keep having good sex, and learn along with her as she explores the universe of ways to be gender-nonconforming/variant/trans*.

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just keep doing what you're doing . All she needs is your support to help her through this, and if she needs anything more than that, Im sure she'll ask :slight_smile: You're pretty awesome for being so understanding, so just keep on keeping on :slight_smile: