1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alive in the wrong era?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robotman, Feb 1, 2015.

?

What era do you think you were meant for?

Poll closed Feb 6, 2015.
  1. 50's - 60's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 70's - 80's

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 80's - 90's

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. 90's - 00's

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. 00's -10's

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Before or present times?

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blah, I got happy when I read "Alive in the wrong area?", and I then realised it said era. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I live in this era, and I'm glad I do. =)

2. Lazuri

I'm actually quite happy with where I ended up.

I've often felt I wanted to experience other eras--most commonly the 40's--but I don't think I'd want to live out my entire life from that point.

3. Burnedcloset

I like it how it is. Maybe the future......

4. C P

C P

I've always found the idea of spending my childhood right on the verge of before/after the internet, etc. really blew up to what it all is today pretty fascinating. I mean I was able to get some of that in due to my age but I wish I had gotten to experience more of the early 90's during my childhood. There are plenty of things from around then that I was just a little too young to really get at the time, so several years sooner/late-mid 80s would probably be fitting.

I think some people can appreciate the culture from whatever time, but it truly would be something different if they were allowed the opportunity to actually experience said time(s). I feel that's what some are getting at with this.

I'm sure it has more to do than just people's lgbt issues as well. I mean it wouldn't be ideal in regards to that obviously, to go back in time, but I'm(personally at least) not limiting myself to just that one part of me.

5. anonym

anonym Guest

:lol:I used to feel like I should have lived in a different era, like I was actually born after my time.

I think for me though it was probably a result of never fitting in socially which I now know is because I was the wrong gender. I also suspect I have aspergers syndrome which goes a long way to explain things really.

As a teenager I used to read a lot of fiction and used to wish I lived in the late 19th- early 20th century. I even wondered if I had lived before during that era and had been reincarnated.:lol:

Nowadays, I'm living more in the present but have become as fanatical about the 90s. I think that might just be me wishing I could go back to my childhood and live it as I was meant to.

6. kem

kem

Definitely. I was born like 20 years too early!

7. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would've loved to be a teen in the 70's. Some of the best music ever written was in that time, and I'd get to see Alien and Blade Runner in theatre.
    Plus, all that sexytime going on.