Favorite Displays of Affection

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ZestyLion

I love cuddling! And kissing. But I always imagine myself curling up really close (if not somewhat on top of) to my boyfriend. I have no experience, so I don't even know if it's a realistic expectation. I haven't even been close to a relationship, so I just have to go with it.

2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread will be good practice for me answering that more difficult out loud than it should be slightly tricky question about mushy daydreams you gave me for the Voices thread Kaiser (which I will get round to answering btw, I just need the place to myself for a while to do the recording).

Interesting that you mention the arms actually, I think they are quite an underrated area because I never hear them mentioned much in this context but mine are very sensitive, especially the soft inner-side parts.

Let's see. For what I'd like to give: Cuddling of course. Running my fingers lightly over someone's skin, sometimes followed by a trail of kisses but that's getting more intimate than just casual touching. Lacing/interlocking fingers. Stroking her hair/brushing it with fingers. Breathing warm air on the back of the neck. Neck kissing. Massages. Holding someone close, snuggling up together, spooning. Tickling (lightly, not excessive). Eskimo kisses. Whispering like somethings a secret even when it's nothing more significant than saying 'did you remember to switch the hallway light off?' or whatever. Shared activities like baths or showers where you can wash each other but again that's getting more intimate. Reading to each other. Sharing food, by which I mean more stuff you can pick up with fingers (unless we decide to try and recreate the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene, but that could get messy!) Leaving little notes and things for her to finds. Making homemade gifts that are more personal. Just generally enjoying each other's company or reminders of it when in absence.

As for what I'd like to receive, same as the above. In fact to be honest pretty much all of what I'd like to give is based on what I know I'd like to receive, seeing as I've never done any of it either way in a romantic sense. Although I wouldn't expect my partner to do the 'making things' part unless they happen to enjoy crafts as well obviously.

3. JT7314

There are many displays of affection....i got alot of favorites. I like being hugged and held from behind me, kisses on the forehead or eyelashes, i like my hair played with, back rubbed, and just the way i get looked at like when you know someone is looking deep into you eyes and thinkin about how much they love you...almost like they are looking into your soul or something...lol...idk.It's only happened with one person.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

usually licking people or else murder

5. Stripe101

Ummm Norman Bates, much?

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I enjoy cuddling as well, too, though I've only done it with someone who's not related to me maybe 1 or 2 times. As someone who's never been kissed or been in a relationship, this isn't surprising... My back is probably my weak spot... Someone laying on it or stroking it or touching it really is intimate to me and gets me turned on.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cuddling, easily.

When I can't do that, hugs are nice too! :3

8. QueerQueen

I have experienced this too and it is a wonderful feeling. Cuddling is definitely my favorite, but I also love kissing, someone playing with my hair, pulling me closer, running their finger tips down and up my arms, holding my hand, someone putting their arms around my waist and holding me close and I also love when someone expresses their feelings to me or says something sweet like "I can't get enough of you" or "I've been thinking about you all day" It probably sounds cheesy and mushy, but I eat that stuff up. :redface: I'm going to stop now.

9. Hiems

Holding hands, resting my head on his lap, and cuddling!

But I have to say that a Spiderman kiss would be nice :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Also, a kiss where he does pull-ups while I wrap my legs on him would be fun too. I would do the pullups, but I'm too weak to hold onto him safely, let alone pull myself up. And I'm light anyway, so him doing the pull-up would be ideal :wink:
    [​IMG]

10. Quiet Raven

Hugs and cuddles.

11. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I looove bromance! And I love it because they don't care what other guys think of them, but all they know is they love their guy friends as brothers :slight_smile: when straight guys show affection towards other guys in a sort of genuinely friendly way! Well I recently became bromanticlly involved with my friend Miguel and it's wonderful :lol: he is really cute but I think of him as a brother, he's older than I am and he's really nice and straight! Well on Friday we were on our way to the piano room and I stopped to hug my friend and after I hugged her he turns me around and hugs me saying "you didn't give me a hug?!?! And for that I also get a kiss!" So I kissed him on the cheek and we got some weird looks but some strangers were like "awe" so he said "hey I'm straight! And he is like my brother…which makes it ok!" And omg I have never bee this close to a guy before! Especially not this quicky! :eek: but he's awesome and hopefully we stay friends for a good while :slight_smile:

12. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Cuddling and hugging (*hug*)

13. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kissing his bare chest when he's shirtless. I really want to do that to a guy. :frowning2:

14. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. Especially when I unleash some merciless sweet talk. Once I know what makes my partner tick, I'll reduce them to happy tears. I would even pick cuddles over sex, if I could only do one for the rest of my life. And that's saying something because it's almost like asking which hand I'd prefer to cut off.

I also like writing crappy love poems and joking around; such as playing video games or laughing at the Code of Hammurabi. And I think just being close and feeling safe enough to fall asleep, despite tons of weapons and a working knowledge of poison, is a form of affection.

And unsurprisingly; playfights. Plenty holding back and nothing too serious. It can actually be a little educational. This isn't necessarily sexual, although I know many people go for that kind of thing.

15. QueerQueen

I agree with this.. I was going to mention it, but I didn't know quite what to call it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm quite fond of my arms being traced, as mentioned before. I think a lot can be said with how one does this, especially if the individual coasts all the way down to your hands, to interlock your fingers into hand-holding. I've been guilty of doing this, and kissing each knuckle gently. To have it done to me, leaves me feeling not only appreciated, but warm in the cheeks.

Play with my hair, I'm a kitten. I'll grin from ear to ear, like a big idiot. I find hair-playing to be very intimate, especially when strands of my hair are twisted and twirled. I tend to do this, as well as brushing away loose strands, or tucking patches behind one's ear. The only individual I've cuddled with has told me, nobody else has done that with her, and she loves it, because I'm tending to her.

Nuzzling. That little exasperated sigh of happy comfort beforehand, and then the nuzzle itself, make me fuzzy in the chest. Nuzzling, to me, is the physical way of saying, "I care about you a lot; I feel safe with you, and I want more of you!". It's a top contender for the ultimate form of validation, I think. The best nuzzles, though, are the ones you don't intentionally do, but wind up doing, because you're instinctively that drawn to somebody.

Witty banter. I'm all for playful teasing. In fact, I fuckin' love it. If I'm laying on the couch, just relaxing, have fun with your greeting, say something along the lines of, "Look at you, being all lazy. Gosh, such a waste of good talent!" with a smile. Tease me, not because you're trying to be mean, but because you want to inspire me to get more clever, or to actually step my game up. I want us to have a good laugh at just cuddling in bed, without a care in the world, because we're hopeless romantics. I want us to support one another, but also capable of cracking some jokes, to alleviate stress and because, ultimately, we're pushing the other to go forward/up.

TigerInATophat, Lawrence, and QueerQueen wrap up anything else I'd say.

17. The Janitor

Kansas City (such originality for a city name)
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bumping foreheads, nuzzling, snuggling up to eachother, holding hands, giving massages, and all manner of sappy stuff. I'm a very physical person, and I can cuddle for days.

18. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To do on others :
    I won't stop until I find your weakness, and then I'll exploit it merciless. I even enjoy getting to know you both on a physical and mental level.

Also I love sweet/dirty talking and teasing.

But what melts me... It's to comfort you. To me there is nothing more tender and sweet than be there and give you a hug and a soft kiss. Have you heard the song Melancholy baby? Well, I'm that kind of guy... I'm so much that guy, that it has become a weakness.

What others do to me :
    First don't asphixiate me on your flesh cage, thinking I enjoy feeling secure, 'cause it's the biggest turn off for me. Just keep your distance, let me be the one getting closer.

... And light pranks : turn off the lights if I'm on the bathroom, that kind of things... Make me a bit angry, make me laugh...

I'm not telling here what really turns me on, told you I like to keep my distance :icon_wink

19. JessieRayne

My own little corner in my own little world
    Well.. accepting affection is hard for me due to issues from my past. Touching scares the crap out of me because Im so accustomed to associating touch with pain, HOWEVER, my boyfriend of course is aloud to touch me and its great, and he does the cutest things that I adore, but really couldn't ever imagine anyone else doing said things. Heres a small list of some of the more favorite things my love does c:

-Cuddles, of course, because who doesn't love cuddles? I like when ill be doing something and he will randomly just pull me down onto the couch or the bed or whatever and just hold me, usually saying something along the lines of "I want to cuddle my baby" followed by a kiss to my nose.

-I love when he comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, me being shorter than him.. by.. kind of a lot, I love when he leans down to rest his chin on the top of my head, giving me a small kiss on the top of my head too. And then when he sways slightly and I rest my hands on his arms. I love that.

-I like when he plays with my hair, and just smiles at me while we are watching t.v. and when I look up at him to question "what?" he just shakes his head with a smile and goes "nothing, you're just beautiful" and then he tells me he loves me.

-I love when he runs his fingers across my arms or my stomach

-I love when he gives me little shoulder kisses

-I love when I lace my fingers with his, he instantly holds my hand right back, giving it a little squeeze. Even if hes not paying too much attention, he brings my hand up to his mouth and he kisses the top of it while holding my hand. I love that. When we drive places he usually does that, and gives me a smile.

-I love when he just tells me he loves me, or he whispers things in my ear that doesn't even have to mean anything.

-One last one to add to the list because Im just being too sappy and "love struck" but I also like that he rubs my back at night before bed, and lets me rest my head on his chest as he holds me close. I love when he hums softly as he rubs my back until I fall asleep.

Okay.. Ill be done being a sap /.\ Take care everyone.. eheh..

20. JT7314

OHHH yeah bumping foreheads is a good one too