1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developing female breasts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Seige, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Seige

Is it possible for a biological male to begin developing female breasts in her mid teens? I started feeling my chest earlier, and Idk if Im just imagining it, but I think im starting to develop breasts. The part of my breast aaround/under my nipple feels about half an inch "deep" and softer than normal. I might just be imagining it, but is it possible? How big could they get if it is happening? Would it be permanent?

Visually, they look slightly larger. More "puffed up" if that makes any sense, but again. I might just be imagining it. Just wishfull thinking. Would there be any way to know for sure?

Im almost certain its not due to weight gain since I havnt been eating much lately, and I havnt been gaining any weight.

#1 Seige, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. I'm_Danni_x

Hi there, are you on any eastrogen hormones?

3. Seige

None, as far as I know. Unless my parents are giving them to me through my food or something, which is unlikely. Near impossible.

4. I'm_Danni_x

Some biological male bodies have stronger chest muscles which makes them look a bit like boobs and its perfectly normal it's called gynecomastia.

#4 I'm_Danni_x, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  5. Lazuri

Not unless you're taking estrogen.

6. Seige

It feels different from normal muscles though. And I dont really work out much, especially my chest. Ive read on woeking out to mKe your chest look bigger, but I thought it was minimally effective. Is it possible my natural estrogen levels are much higher than normal? Thanks for the help though you guys.

7. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's actually pretty common for bio males to develop something like small (usually) breasts during their teens. It's called gynecomastia (it has nothing to do with muscle) and it usually goes away as you mature. :/ Probably not what you're hoping for.

8. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw something on TV that said some males develop 'breasts' during puberty or in their teens. I'm not sure why it happens, but it usually goes away..

9. Seige

:frowning2: oh... Ok. Well thanks for the help, even if it is the exact oposite fron what I wanted to hear :frowning2: I was really hopefull that they would be real...

10. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. And, even if you want them, if they don't go away by the time you are about 20, or if they develop as an adult, you should get a checkup (unless you are doing something to intentionally cause them such as taking estrogen) as at that point they can be a sign of something wrong.

11. Seige

Theyd last untill I was like 20??? How large could they get? Id be completly happy with anything bigger than I am now. I hate my flat chest.

12. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They might get bigger, they might not. This is entirely dependant on genes and hormones and all that jazz.

13. Lazuri

Though plenty of people claim that massaging breasts makes them bigger and can in some cases even stimulate breast growth in biological males. I just remembered that.

I dunno, try it maybe? Maybe also try to eat stuff that helps estrogen levels, such as soy foods while avoiding food that helps testosterone levels like pork and other red meats.

14. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They don't usually, but that's a good point to mention it to a doc, because the bulk of puberty should be complete at that point. Some don't get them at all, others for only a few months, some for a couple years. Generally they do stay significantly smaller than females of the same stage of puberty. At puberty, they are typically caused by the changing hormones. Remember, even healthy males have some estrogen in their body, and that hormone stimulates breast growth. (Conversely, even healthy females have some levels of androgens, including testosterone, in their bodies.) At the vary start of a stage of puberty, it's slightly unpredictable what glands are going to be the first to respond to the hormones produced by the pituitary gland, or how strongly before everything evens out.

15. LittleGecko

LittleGecko Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    According to google, "Gynecomastia (man boobs) is the growth of abnormally large breasts in males. It is due to the excess growth of breast tissue, not excess fat tissue." So biological males can develop boobs. And according to Wikipedia "most adolescent boys have some breast development during puberty."