1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So ticked off at my brother -.-

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Jan 27, 2015.

1. MatthewJS

I was just writing down some music so i can play it on my violin, then my brother said "Oh look, Tony Homo" which didnt fazed me (i do hear Tony Romo does suck at football). I replied "He aint even attractive" then i looked up and said "well, a little" then he just replied "that's disgusting." my brother knows im gay and he supports me all the way. to the point where he walked down the opening aisle for his graduation with a gay guy. i got up and said "you can check out women on TV, but i cant?" then i walked off. This is the first time in a lot time my brother ever said anything homophobic to me. THIS IS WHY I CANT FUCKING BE MYSELF AT HOME! :***: :***: :bang:

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2015 at 09:10 PM ----------

so pissed off, i cant even spell -.-

2. RemakeJake

Honestly, this is a reason why I haven't told my 13 year old brother yet. He's a level-headed and pretty good kid, but if we ever got into an argument, he would so use my being gay against me.

3. MatthewJS

your brother has a long way to go to understand about homosexuality. so does my own brother.

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same reason why I'm never going to tell my older brother about me being Gay...Sometimes I feel that, when you're Gay, it's better to be an only child...

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2015 at 11:28 PM ----------

And so does my brother...

5. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My twin is completely fine with it, as is my youngest brother. I'm always worried about my older sister sometimes, though. She says she's not one to judge other people, but she tosses around "faggot" a lot(not at me, of course. I'd uterus-kick that bitch). And her being pregnant is bound to make things more difficult.

And I can't believe that you guys are worried about your siblings finding out. I mean, they literally grew up with you! How could they be so mean to you about that? I sincerely hope everything works out.

6. MatthewJS

i totally laughed at that. and i agree with your second part. i told my older sister, and she told my mom, and my mom will talk with my brother.

7. CyanChachki

I suppose the best way to settle it is to tell him how much it hurt you. He could be trying to suppress it in order to feel secure with his peers or someone else perhaps. Sometimes young people do this and don't realize the damage they're causing. Like not just with LGBTQ + stuff, but also with friends who are socially "uncool" or doing something socially "uncool" and will only do it to climb up the social tree.

8. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    maybe he was just in a bad mood. Im sure he didnt mean it

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah he probably did; people don't just blurt out things like that, even in order to hurt the other person, if they don't feel that way at least a little bit.

"Tony Homo" is sort of funny, but sort of cheap at the same time. There are much better jokes to be made. But "that's disgusting" is unacceptable. Sooner or later he'll come to realize how deep such a comment cuts, especially after being outwardly supportive.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother throws around insults he hears at school and doesn't know what they mean when he has one of his fits of rage (he has Autism). There was one time that he was all pissed off at me and he shouts, "When are you going to confess that you're gay?"

My mom laughed and said, "You don't even know what that means!"

11. Burnedcloset

My nephews/brothers/father would probably do the same stuff to me. If I actually was accepted, which Im hoping happens!

I would so say a guys hot on purpose though. Because I like making people uncomfortable.

12. MatthewJS

he sure meant it. it fucking pissed me off. but my mom confronted him a day later.

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kids are immature. I made fun of my brother for wearing headgear and crying when we grew up. It was just me acting out after all the crap I endured at school. One comment like that doesn't mean someone remains a bigot or mean all of their life.

14. MatthewJS

......... my brother is 19. with a fiancee. and a daughter.

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Didn't know. Sorry, that certainly makes it worse. He should know better. :frowning2:

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meh, don't take it too personally. A lot of people who are accepting of gay people still have an instilled "ick" factor about men liking men or finding other men attractive. People can try to be understanding and hopefully grow past it, but changing deep socialized feelings can be challenging. He should have held his tongue, though.

Interestingly, I think it was around 13/14 that I told my little brother (or let my parents; I felt weird saying it!). He never used it against me in an argument. I thought he would.

17. MatthewJS

but hes my fucking brother. when he did that, it seemed like he is disgusted for having a gay brother. :bang:

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You said "he supported you all the way," so it sounds like he is supportive and accepting for the most part. With that said, I doubt he is disgusted for having a gay brother. He is probably disgusted at the thought of two guys getting it on in general. That's why I wouldn't take it personal. He shouldn't have said anything and been more sensitive though. That said, I don't even find it that offensive or malicious of a comment. It depends on intonation though. I may jokingly say to someone who finds a woman attractive "that's disgusting," but I doubt it was joking in this case, I guess.

19. MatthewJS

it was just a compliment towards a football player I thought was attractive. then he turned into a homophobic bastard. I am a very sensitive person and what he said basically offended me and hurt me. :/

20. ScatteredEarth

Meh, it happens sometimes, it's best to just shrug it off and move on. It could've been a lot worse, and people have had worse experiences coming out, or maintaining it.