1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowboarding

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by method, Jan 24, 2015.

1. method

Anyone here into snowboarding? :smilewave And for any park rats out there what do you like doing and what are you working on?

Hope you guys in the northern hemisphere are making the most of it. I totally wish I were on a mountain right now.

2. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always thought it was cool. After playing Cool Boarders 2 way way back in the day. And after watching Out Cold. Like to do it once in my life.

3. method

Definitely give it a go! It's never too late to start hehe

4. Chelski

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wanted to try it ever since I watched the winter Olympics !! I've been to a dry slope to try skiing with a friend but I was awful. I'm assuming snowboarding is harder.

5. Willard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been snowboarding for about 8 years now. Mostly because I've been skiing since about the time I was able to walk (as my parents went on skiing trips long before me and my siblings were born) and when I was about 14 I tried snowboarding because just skiing became boring.

Since then I am always skiing the first week of the Christmas holidays, and snowboarding the second week. We always go skiing/snowboarding in the "Giant Mountains" in the Czech Republic during the Christmas holidays.

And as I live less than an hour away from the worlds longest indoor ski hall (Bottrop, Germany), I sometimes go snowboarding there with a group of friends.

Bytheway: I don't do much freestyle with snowboarding, as I just love the rush you get from skiing/snowboarding as fast as possible. It is probably the same rush I get when driving my motorcycle on the Autobahn, or driving my car around a race-track. :grin:

Although with skiing I like to do a bit more freestyle from time to time. But that is mostly on the moments the slope is to busy to go skiing absurdly fast or when the weather doesn't allow me to go fast because of the visibility.

6. method

@Chelski I've never tried a dry slope before. I'd love to see how it compares to real snow.

@Willard My early progression was inside an indoor slope, so not much room to go fast, but lots of park to practise on. I love the buzz of learning and landing new tricks. Feels awesome.