1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel life is passing you by?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joelouis, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Joelouis

Just today, I took a rare day off work and went to my home town to see my mum.
    I always walk through the town centre and every time I see people who I've known years.
    Many of them have fallen by the wayside, so to speak. They looked terrible, but I obviously still said hello with a smile. It's just funny how life pans out and what directions people take.

2. QueerQueen

This for sure!

3. Silas

Yes I feel this way all the time. Pretty much everyone I know has already made so much progress with their careers and have full-time jobs, they're in long-term relationships, planning families already, they have active social lives with friends and coworkers and places to go on the weekends... they basically have their shit together and a future to look forward to and then there's me who's just in limbo and nowhere near any of that!

Finishing college is the only thing I've really accomplished so far, and I'm grateful for that, but I'm still so far behind when it comes to my career and work experience, barely have any friends I can count on and still so inexperienced when it comes to dating and just life experience in general. I've been trying to make an effort to go out and socialize more to overcome the anxiety issues I have, and I've made some progress these past few months, but the more I interact with people the more lame I end up feeling because they've all had experiences that I don't have and it's hard to relate.

But I've made goals this year and I'm gonna push myself to try and reach them so hopefully this year will be a productive one for me.

4. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes. I don't really compare myself to other people, but I'm not where I wanted myself to be at this stage of life. I will be 35 next month. It's the realization that my life choices are starting to cement now and I will have to live with them. There are certain aspects that you just can't redo or relive. I have made decent choices and I am in quite a good spot, just not where I wanted to exactly be. I am changing careers and hopefully at 45 I won't be saying the same thing. But changing careers at this age makes me feel like I have messed up and wasted my earlier years.

5. MisterTinkles

Every single day.

I can remember when I was 3 years old like it was yesterday, but I can't remember yesterday at all.

I still feel like Im 18, but my body is 51.

I was 18, went to sleep one night, woke up the next morning and I was 51.
    Thats exactly how it feels.

6. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, not at all. I'm currently studying, I hope I'll graduate next year. Moreover, my boyfriend will come this year and we'll be together for 3 months, it'll be the two of us for more than 2 months, so we experience living together. We'll work on our future.. :icon_bigg So no, I totally look forward to all things that will happen, it doesn't feel like passing by. It feels like finally living.

7. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been feeling this everyday since the day I graduated high school at age 18. I am 21 now. I feel so, so old. I think about this every day.

I understand feeling like other people your age have achieved more but I am surprised at some of you 23 year olds mentioning your friends are married and are having kids and you feel like you should be too. That is just so weird to me, you're barely an adult yourself, I just don't undertand how people think starting a family at 23 is something to strive for.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Sometimes I feel like life is too slow! I'm young, and although I believe my mind is well beyond my years, I should be having fun, but being pre-transition as well as living in a small town has stopped me from doing that. I live life the same every day, doing the same thing in the same shitty house.. It sucks really.

I personally never want to have a "normal" life though. I don't want a family, I don't want to get married. For personal reasons.

9. badluckfairy

I do sometimes feel I miss out on life. From about 12, I have suffered from illnesses that plague me. It affected me mostly in my teens and early twenties. I've even recently been ill for over a year with these conditions and I am 27. While I am ill, and not able to do much, I do feel that life passes me by and that I'm not always able to do things that I want to do. Then I realise I am 27 already and I wonder where the time is going.

10. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah...it's like I don't really accomplish anything. You start to feel kinda worthless.

11. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Eh I think I'm living. I'm comfortable with the existence that I have.