1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randomcloud, Jan 23, 2015.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh hell no. My characters in my stories are my kids...

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't want kids. I see no need to have a family. I don't even want to marry.
    I never wanted children. Never even liked them. I don't have the patience for them, nor do I want to waste my life taking care if a child.

Even if I was born with the right parts, I'd say the same (as well as my disdain for society's pressure on people to have children. I think humans should just stop breeding so much. This world is overpopulated.)
    . I wouldn't make a good father, and I have no desire to be one either.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

You know, I guess I'm not opposed to the idea of being a dad later on down the road. But I don't see it happening anytime soon. Kids are too expensive.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kids are adorable~! ^.^♥ I would definitely adopt.

5. AndyG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 2, 1 bio and 1 adopted. My parents questioned the idea of adoption over a biological child. Once they became grandparents, there was no thought of the adopted child being any less their granddaughter than our biological child.

As far as having children "in such a messed up world..." There is no right and wrong choice here. I will tell that for me there has been nothing more life-affirming and hopeful about our collective future having gone through the process of rearing children. Maybe that's a selfish thought... and/or maybe I contributed to some goodness or hope for the future.

Also, I have nothing but respect for those who know they do not want children and make that choice. Too many go into it to fix something broken in them or without really considering their own ability or desire.

6. maselalala

I'd probably adopt a kid or two. Not like the babies that everyone wants but someone around 5 or 6.. It'd be heartwarming to give a needy kid a home.

7. Tmy14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  8. Bluewolf7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really like and enjoy being around kids. I've actually worked with young kids in daycare type settings. However I don't want kids of my own. Though I believe I have the heart to be a good and caring dad. I might not always have the patience for it, and it's expensive. It can be a lot of work. I appreciate kids and all the great parents out there. :eusa_clap

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's the excuse I'm giving to my grandmother

10. Kiwigirl18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure if I want kids, I'm super awkward and uncomfortable around kids and babies. I have a step niece and nephew who seem to notice this and use it to their advantage to get what they want. I think if I were to get married later in life and my wife wanted to have kids I would consider it, however I know I don't want to have a biological kid as I have a few health problems that I wouldn't want to pass on. So either she would carry the baby or adoption.
    i do know that I want 3 'children', 2 cats and a dog :slight_smile:.

11. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've wanted to adopt ever since I can remember... Even as a child, I understood that there were many kids who didn't have a family and had gone through a lot and deserved a stable environment to grow up in.

But, as I grew, I developed this very independent personality and I don't if the whole "get married and start a family thing" is what I want... It's too soon to think about those things, anyway.

12. anja26

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't know yet, not ready for that kind of responsibility.

13. jenben

No. I have no desire to have my own children. I don't hate kids and I enjoy being around them sometimes, but I would not want to have children around all of the time and be responsible for them. It's just not for me.

Plus even if I were to decide I wanted children, I wouldn't want to carry them. The idea of being pregnant makes me very uncomfortable.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't want kids. I don't even want a relationship. I prefer total freedom and kids take up too much time. Besides, I'd be a terrible parent.

15. antibinary

No way, I'd make a terrible parent.

16. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope no kids at all. i don't see myself having kids as i'm not too fond of them and i probably would screw things up badly anyways. All the times i could be spending doing the things that i love would be taken away from me and i treasure my freedom and time more then anything (selfish but thats how i roll).

17. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ultimately i want kids, i know I'll be a good dad as i have worked with plenty of kids as a swim teacher for 3-13 year old. my conflict comes because i am bixsexual and currently in a relationship with a female, and never have been with a guy. If i did have kids, id want them to be mine but i wouldn't be against adopting. Just strongly prefer my own, which leads me to think im better off with a wife but not having tried a male relationship would leave me with an empty feeling. Its complicated i guess

18. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm too broke to be a good provider right now, but from time to time I see myself on a supermarket, trying to buy some stuff while I have a silent dwarf on my arms, heavy as a ton of bricks, and a cute, lively little princess around me yelling...

'Daaadyyy, I want thaaaat'

'Stop pulling my shirt, for christ's sake, it's Armani's!'

'Nooo, Daaady, it's not mr. Armani's, it's Vodkabaret's! Daaady, when will you stop smooking and drinking? Miss teacher says it's baad! And you parked on the wrong plaace for the people on the wheel chaair, you did it agaaain!!'

... Kids are way too honest, they cost a lot of money, and have no respect for expensive clothing, but take a look at what's going on in my imagination... I must be getting old.