1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randomcloud, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I am way too selfish for kids.

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to have kids....however the way I would like to go about it is a little strange

If I was to carry the baby I would want it to be from my wives eggs and then a sperm donor that we chose together. However if she was the one to be pregnant I would want to use my eggs and then a sperm donor.

I just think this way it makes it more of the person who is not carrying the child feel a little closer and more bonded kind of like when a straight couple go to have a kid even thought he man can't carry it he still feels connected since he helped create the baby.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm iffy on whether I want them at all. I know that if I were to have them I would not want to be the biological father. There's way too much shit in my genes that would break my heart if I knew I passed onto my kid.

4. AnnastasiaM

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a bit unsure, I definitely want a kid, singular. I want to maybe adopt a girl, but, another idea would be to use a donor, use my future wife's eggs, and then put them embryo in me. I'm not sure, both are interesting ideas.

5. Wukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I am too selfish to be a parent. I am too focused on my own life to stop it and devote it to someone else. I just don't think I'm wired to be a father.

6. SonicBoom

I don't want kids.

I'm too selfish with my time and money.

I do tell everyone at work I have a "daughter".

My "daughter" is my pet rabbit.

#46 SonicBoom, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whenever my family nags me about having my own children, I always tell them "NO!".
    However, I'm actually open to it. I wouldn't mind adopting. While, it would be nice to have biological children, I've got some health issues that I would be worried about passing on.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2015 at 10:59 AM ----------

I always refer to my cat as being my daughter when my relatives ask.

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely want children at some point, possibly even biological if the opportunity presents itself. :slight_smile:

I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up adopting at some point in future, too.

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have three of them. It is easy and it is hard, a joy and a pain. Raising kids is part of being human, but it's something one gets into with eyes wide-open; it's not for everyone.

10. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Umm I'm on the fence on this one. Everyone says I'm awesome with kids and I do like them but I don't really know if I want my own. We shall see!

11. Incognito10

I want one or possibly two children. I want to adopt as I would love to give a great home to a child who otherwise would not have one and I have no desire to have biological children. I am 28 now and would like this to happen before I am 40, preferably in the age range of 35-38. :slight_smile:

12. ChameleonSoul

I think I'll have kids, but I only want to adopt. Honestly, the thought of having biological kids has never interested me and probably never will. There are plenty of children out there who need a good home and a loving family. Plus the planet's already overpopulated. The last thing humanity needs is me spreading my horrible genes.

13. Violet Sapph

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am childfree, and I expect any woman I date to be as well.

14. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My kids are 19 and 22 but I realized I want more. I went to visit my niece this weekend who had a 1 year birthday party for her son and I was really enthralled with this little guy. Being a parent is the best part of my life.

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2015 at 05:44 PM ----------

And you younger folk, don't sell yourself short; being a parent gives you a chance to parent a child the way you wish someone had parented you.

15. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two kids and they are awesome.

Would I have more though....?

Not at this point in my life, but I'd never say never....

Happy days :slight_smile:

16. TheStormInside

I'm uncertain. I like kids, and I love spending time with my friend's baby, he's like a nephew to me. But I don't know if I have it in me to "step up" for a child. I feel like I could be persuaded either way, depending on what my (future) wife would want. But I feel like I'd want just one. I don't know how people manage with more than that.

17. Cam7125

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've always wanted at least one child. I promised myself to be a better, more accepting parent to my child(ren) than my parents were to me.

18. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always (when young) dreamt of having a family of my own but as I grew up I realized my total and extreme lack of interest in women which makes it just a dream with no potential for it to ever become a reality. A real shame and one of the reasons I attempted suicide as I don't wanna grow old alone.

19. Alive

No I don't want to have kids. I would be too afraid of messing up. I am also not so fond of my childhood so I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to someone else. I was quiet and hid my emotions so it would kill me if I found out that my child was doing something similar and really hurting inside.

20. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

I want kids :slight_smile: not any time soon! Maybe when I'm 30? I would love to adopt a young boy and girl, watching them run around the house. Hear the potter patter of my kids would be lovely! :slight_smile:
    If my son were gay I would give him a safe environment, one where he was free to express his sexuality. The same would apply to my daughter, but of one or both of them were straight I would teach them to respect the LGBT+ community and everyone in general :slight_smile: I would tech my kids to be independent but not afraid to ask anyone for help! :slight_smile: so yes in conclusion, I want kids :slight_smile: