1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randomcloud, Jan 23, 2015.

1. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm too selfish.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No I would be a horrible dad.

3. davidguitar20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    if i marry a guy id probly adopt

4. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I would very much like to have kids! But I don't know how, seeing as I learned trans people are banned from adopting where I live, and surrogacy is illegal as well... Oh, well, I'll have the time to figure it out.

5. tulman

Kids are great and it's gratifying to see them turn out OK, be successful and make us proud of them. You know what's just as good as kids like that? Grandkids that are following in their footsteps.

6. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    No, I don't want kids. I love babies between five months and a year old and then I can't keep up with them anymore. Babies are hard but I'm much more frightened about when that child becomes their own person and I inevitably and irreparably screw them up. It's a terrifying amount of responsibility. I am far too selfish in certain ways and I only have bad DNA to pass on.
    I'd have no preference for my own biological child or an adopted child- equally irresponsible on my part.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
  8. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Like most have said,selfishness. I'm irresponsible, absent-minded, and sporadically disorganized which transforms me into a chaotic and confusing role model for kids hehe.

I'm troubled because I want to be free and explore the world, but I also want someone to teach and nurture. I remember vowing myself I would be better than my parents so I think there are historical factors influencing this. I prefer biological because I will get to see a better reflection of myself in that individual as opposed to an adopted stranger(I'm biased sorry).

9. Kabuki

I do want kids. :grin: I've always wanted kids since I was a teen. I think I'm capable enough to be a parent and care for someone. Besides, it's not going to be only me, but me and my boyfriend (husband when the time comes).

Now, biological or adopted? We talked it out and adoption is the best option for us. :grin:

10. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was adopted when I was born so I would love to be able to adopt a kid some day.

11. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes I would like to have 2-4 kids. But it all depends on so many things and am constantly doubting myself and "re-writing" what I want my life to be like. I know I would be an okay parents as I have 4 younger siblings and two are more then 10 years younger then me.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be open to the idea of having one child or two at a stretch. If there were a willing surrogate and my partner wanted a child biologically related to one or both of us, I'd accept that. Otherwise, adoption would be more likely. However, in the absence of a volunteer, commercial surrogacy is not something I'd be easily convinced to engage in.

Children pose a lot of difficulties, though. Raising a child as best as I could might be very expensive, would certainly be time-consuming and would tie me down more than simply being married. On the other hand, that solidity and inflexibility could very well be beneficial.

I think I'll be more likely to have a child if my brother doesn't; I think I'd feel somewhat empty without younger family members in the future.

13. Centore

Centore Guest

NO! Children can be annoying and I would probably create demon spawn.

14. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ive thought about this so often..i do not want to have kids..i will never have kids..my body anyway..if i meet a girl that i love and she really wants kids well then id be there to support her...i think the whole my egg her body thing would be kool like shed be having my baby lol..but idk..anyway having a baby is alot of responsability and time consuming..wed have no more free time to go out and travel and go to bars and whatnot..everything would change..having kids is no joke lol..besides this world is too messed up to bring kids into..i love my kids more than to bring them in this world to suffer..and u fuk up ur body for what so that when they grow up they tell u fuk u to ur face or end up in jail or as drug addicts or lazy bums having u still support them their partners and their kids..i mean u cAnt just assume all kids turn out to be college grads and successful lol..yes maybe alot has to do with parenting but still..u never kno..lol..

15. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was actually thinking about this last night. In AP Biology, we just learned about induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPS), basically the stem cells that have been created from normal cells. These iPS cells can then be induced to become any cell, whether it be muscle, bone, skin, or quite possibly, sex cells (either egg or sperm).

So technically, yes, I can have children that are biologically mine as well as my (future) partner's. (The previous comments are based on research currently being conducted on mice, human application could take quite a few years before this is fully supported).

Either by adoption, IVF, or the above, I think that I'd like to have kids.

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm too old to consider that now

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of my parents were older than you when they had me.

18. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never felt any urge or desire to have kids, which in itself makes me think it would be a bad idea. I've always said that if you have kids it should be because you are certain you want them and believe you'll be a good parent, not just for the sake of it. So I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to go against that myself.

I had this conversation once, when sitting with a friend in a parked MG, I was mostly winding her up because I already knew I didn't want children:
    Me: "I will have one of these cars when I'm older."
    Her: "But there's only two seats, what if you have kids?"
    Me: "Well I suppose I could have one kid, and they can sit in the passenger seat."
    Her: "But ___, where will your husband sit?"
    Me: "What husband?"
    Her "!!!"

I was willing to joke about having a kid, but wouldn't even entertain the notion of being married to a man! :lol:

19. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Kids were never a priority for me. But I'd consider having them if it was my partner's wish (in a long and stable relationship)

20. MrSkittles

I would love to adopt. I love kids!