1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have A Tattoo? Would You Get One?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

I know what I want for my first tat but I'm still two steps behind before I'm ready to put myself under the needle. Firstly, I need to finalize the design since right now I've only got rough sketches with little detail. Then there's the fact that is gonna be a huge tat covering around 40% of my body, add to that the fact I'm pretty picky with the details and overall quality of the inking (I ought to be, it's my skin we are talking about) and I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost me a small fortune to get exactly what I want exactly the way I want it. A small fortune that I don't have at the moment (at least not to expend on this, no), so yeah the second step is getting the moneeeh and finding the right tattoo artist.

Given that it's probably gonna take me a while to get over the above hurdles I'm gonna try and also use that time to expand the canvas for the artist; give 'em some more to work with :grin:

2. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

^ Be aware you do not need to get a large tattoo done in one sitting. Break it down and then you break the payments down.
    I've done one 6 hour sitting and it starts to grate after the 3rd hour :wink:

3. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Of course! Part of the tat is gonna go above my ribs and I've heard getting inked specifically on that area hurts like hell , so it is in my best interest to break it down into sessions. Not only will it be easier for me to "supervise" the progress of the tat that way, but it will also give me some breathing room to recuperate :grin:

4. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Yeah anything near the bone tends to hurt like a bitch. Depends on the person though as some it doesn't overly bother.

5. RadioRoss

I don't have any tattoos yet, of course, but id love to get some. Maybe something from Spirited Away or Nausicaa, or some other Studio Ghibli film. Radiohead inspired tattoo art would be sick....I love radiohead, and even if my obsession of radiohead fades away, the art would still be awesome. Also, blackwork is awesome, I'd probably get a cool pattern or piece of artwork done like that.

#45 RadioRoss, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  6. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Further down the line I'm looking at getting something similar to this done, I'll let my tat artist use it as inspiration as I won't want an exact copy. I'm trying to keep my tats along the same theme.

[​IMG]

7. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

Sick. Any particular reason behind the eastern motif?

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a tattoo of a rose and a heart

9. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

It's just a theme that rates highly with me and your Japanese style tend to ha e good meanings behind them. Koi carp, hanya mask, different types of flowers etc

10. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I actually think tattoos are gross. It's cool when you're young but when you get into your 40's and beyond, skin will start to wrinkle and sag, and then the tattoo will look like crap. I also think having a lot of tattoos ages a person. A couple years ago, when I first heard of Kat Von D, I was surprised to find out she was in her 20's because (to me) she looked about 40.

11. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

1) You're not supposed to get a tattoo to be 'cool' that just makes you an idiot.

2)Beauty is different to each person, good tattoo's can be incredibly sexy

3)Gross is a harsh term, perhaps you could have just said you dislike them.

4)I've seen plenty of older people who's tattoo's still look great.

5)At the end of the day someone who has a tattoo for the right reasons, as in personal reasons isn't really going to give a damn what someone without a tattoo has to say about them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

^ I didn't say that people get a tattoo to be "cool", I said it's a cool thing to do when you're young. Rebellious and going against societal normalcy. Second, maybe gross was the wrong term. Tattoos are unappealing to me. Lastly, the post also stated "Would You Get One?" I was simply listing the reasons why I wouldn't get a tattoo. If a person wants to get a tattoo, it's their business. I didn't mean to sound hateful. That was not my intention.

13. i got my first on thursday just gone ^_^

didnt hurt hardly and i almost fell asleep lol.
    (its meant to look lie a stamp/transfer its not been done wrong lol)

[​IMG]

going back in a few weeks to get my second before the guy who did it leaves, hes the best. sad hes going :frowning2:

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  15. gaykuya

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No and I want one really bad but I can't deal with pain all that well. I really want the triforce on my left arm and make it slowly turn into a video game tattoo with bits and pieces of my favorite video games like loz, sonic, Mario, Pokemon, etc.

16. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I love seeing good ink on people, but I've always been hesitant to get one. What the hell do I want on my body permanently.

Well, I finally figured out what my first tattoo will be. I'm going to get "No Fear" tattooed on my left hand so I can see it while driving. And I'm already thinking "BeUrSelf" matching on the other hand. I'm thinking a cool psychedelic style 60's/70's font, bright blue with black outline. :grin:

We will see...

17. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  18. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like one, but haven't decided on what I want.

19. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a SEVERE needle phobia and cringe at the idea of getting a tattoo.

20. CyclingFan

Something like a "tramp stamp" but silly, like cap'n crunch.

Really, although I've thought about it, I can't even commit to a bumper sticker, much less a tattoo