1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Have A Tattoo? Would You Get One?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Jan 22, 2015.

1. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I have two so far. One on my wrist and one on my ankle, but I definitely want more. I actually have some planned out, now I just need the semester to be over.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have six thus far.

First was Frank N. Furter's heart tattoo from Rocky Horror Picture Show, on my right upper arm as his was.

Second was "Not all those who wander are lost." written in Tengwar (Tolkien's Elvish script) on my inner left foot.

Third was a black sun on my upper left arm, encircled with "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," again in Tengwar. I intend to add a Norse pattern along with the Old Norse word "myrkr" (roughly, "darkness") written in Younger Futhark within the next few months or so.

Fourth was the phrase "Á hirë sérë ar ná valin." - Quenya translation (Tolkien's High Elvish) for "Find peace and be happy." on my inner right foot. Written in Tengwar.

Fifth was a chain necklace with a transparent, cubic box attached to it which contains a shining blue orb - along with a prayer in Quenya, written in Tengwar, on my chest above the necklace.

Sixth was a transcription of the word "heathen" into Younger Futhark on my left wrist.

Within the next few months I intend to add a Firefly one on my right leg, and a band of one of Gandalf's quotes (the "so do all who live to see such times" one) on my left arm, just below the elbow. Along with the "myrkr" one I mentioned earlier.

I have a list of 20-some tattoos that I want in my lifetime, in addition to the above. I rather like tattoos... :lol:

3. tulman

I've got a few, both shoulders and chest. Don't regret any of them. You're smart to wait until you've given it lots of thought and know what you want. Don't buy from the lowest bidder. No scratchers, find a real artist. My only rule was: Nothing I couldn't cover with a short sleeved shirt. Not everyone in the business world thinks they're cool, including your potential employers.
    Just my opinion: the ones that will be regretted the most later in life are the ones currently popular with young girls, ink on the inside of the wrist.

4. MisterTinkles

No tat's, but would love to have 4 of them........if I had the body for it.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want one, a skull, on my arm. But I'm too lazy to do it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. tulipinacup

I don't have one. I used to oppose of the idea getting a tattoo but then again that's probably what my Christian upbringing is telling me. If I do however would get one, I'd like to get a traditional tattoo near my mum's province

The old lady below is the last Kalinga tattoo artist, Whang-od.

[​IMG]

7. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the symbolism....

I have one and yes it's on my wrist. I'm planning on getting another one. A bigger one on my back.

Attached Files:

8. Vampire

Do I have one? No, sadly enough. I am planning on getting tattoos done as I'm a huge "body art" fanboy. I do have some tattoos already planned out, some already have a place chosen on my body.

9. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will get one in the future.

10. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dude! love that artwork. Fits your bodily perfectly and it's fierce and colorful :thumbsup:

As for myself there's a quote;
    The wasted years, the wasted youth
    The pretty lies, the ugly truth
    And the day has come where I have died
    Only to find I've come alive....................I want this in script and in reverse so I can read it in the mirror. Afraid that's too weird.
    I would love anything with owls or ravens. Wan Shi Tong is an all-knowing owl spirit that guards a library and can shift form.
    Germanic and Native American symbols are fascinating as well, but there's a huge varety.
    I'm going to do what someone mentioned and post a picture somewhere in my room.

11. Bane

Winnipeg, Canada (aka temporary paradise)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wanted one then, of something symbolic from Naruto- the Eight Trigrams Seal on the navel- but eventually dropped the whole thing as it can bring about complications and whatnot worth fretting over during the procedure. I just think it is too huge of a gamble to take. Plus, it's costly too. I think I'd much rather wear tattoo sleeves than get myself actual tattoos. Much safer choice for me.

But I'd be alright if someone else has tattoos. Some actually look good. Heck, gnarly. \m/

12. Alive

I would not get a tattoo because I would get bored of it. My sister wants to put her favorite quote on her forearm and that seems cool to me.

13. Rainbows~Exist

I don't have one but I know I will :thumbsup: Tattoos which are the right size in the right place are really attractive to me and being on arty kind of person myself I really want one when I'm older.

14. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will get a half sleeve when I have decided what I want :slight_smile:

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, and no. It's just not my thing.

16. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No and yes. I know what I want, I just don't know where to get placed at.

It will be the following: $e^{i \pi} + 1 = 0$

17. timo

It's the same for me. I know what I want as a first tattoo, I'm just not sure about the place yet. Somewhere on my arm, but would it be the inside of my forearm or somewhere on my upper arm?

18. GayDadStr8Marig

No I don't have one, but I do like the idea... I'm just not sure how it would "look" on me. I have a couple ideas of "what" and "where" but I'm also very much a sissy-boi when it comes to pain and needles... so as much as the idea intrigues me, it may never happen.

19. tscott

I've thought long and hard about it. Ultimately, I don't know what I want. It certainly is not my style...hee, hee...I often get teased that if I'm a bear that I'm the Polo bear...what can I say I'm an old preppy. The most enduring ideas are my clan crest on my calf or the image of a polar bear filled in with the Scottish flag...where I don't know. Still there is the chance I won't go through wit it at all.

20. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I would get one if I thought of something I'd want