How did you find out you were gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closetbi21, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Randomcloud

I kind of suspected it from a very young age when all my "crushes" were girls, never boys and I only really pictured myself marrying another girl in the future. It was a scary thought though, I didn't want to be "different" or whatever. Throughout middle and high school I just tried to convince myself that I was probably going through a (long) phase and my attraction to guys would eventually happen and replace my constant attraction to girls. It never happened though and a couple years ago when I tried dating guys and found myself becoming more and more miserable, I stop trying to push away my feelings and really considered the fact that I might be gay. I thought back to all the people I'd felt emotional and sexual attraction to, every single one female, and realized there was just no denying it :slight_smile:

2. TheStormInside

It was only a little under a year ago I finally took the blinders off and allowed myself to really see that I was attracted to women. I'd been lonely. Hit 30 with only one (short-lived) relationship under my belt. And really started to worry about the prospect of a life lived totally alone. When I was younger I wanted little to to do with relationships, I was too introverted, or independent, or I had other, bigger things going on in my life to deal with. But at 30 I'd finally reached a place where I was comfortable enough to start thinking seriously about relationships and the future.

I think it was always more clear to me that I wasn't interested in men than it was that I was interested in women. For a long time I thought there was something wrong with me. Then for awhile I thought maybe I was asexual. I could connect with guys in a deep way, I'd had crushes, but there was just so much about relationships I didn't "get."

I'd had the thought that I may like women before, years before, but wrote off those attractions as "one offs" (how many "one offs" can a person have, though, silly Storm?). Now that I'm opening myself up to my true feelings, so many things make so much more sense to me. Basic things, like magnetic attraction, wanting to be touched, or to really just *be* with someone. I suppose I had to hit a point where I needed to know the truth, before I could let myself see it.

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I understood it doesn't feel right with guys, but it always felt right with girls.

4. Notlad

Whenever I realized how strong my romantic attraction to other guys. I convinced myself the sexual attraction to them wasn't too big of a deal. But when I noticed how strong my actual feelings for guys were I figured it out.

5. chocolate dream

I started having crushes on girls instead of guys.I told my sister cos we are close and i needed someone to confide in

6. Jellal

Back in middle school, I had fantasies of guys giving me the D, and in these fantasies I was always female. Considering how I was attracted to someone with a different gender, I guess that was technically "straight." But then of course, I find girls hotter than guys 9 times out of 10. So since I like both, I figure I'm bisexual. But I didn't really come clean with that sort of thing to myself until two months ago, when I wrote out my own thoughts in a personal journal instead of ignoring them and pretending like nothing was up.

7. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

OMG. I'm not out to my mom but she's told me that I told her I was a lesbian when I was little. I told her I never said that but she insists I said 'I'm going to be a lesbian when I grow up' when I was little. :eek:

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in thee sixth grade and at baseball game with my family. I saw a gay couple there
    and thought they are cute together. That led to me exploring my sexuality and wondering all sorts of things until I offically accepted myself as gay when I was a sophmore.

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I realized that my level of obsession with girls was unusal for a straight girl. :lol:

10. Leliana

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I knew I was a lesbian when I discovered that the way I looked at girls was the same way my friends looked at guys.

11. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was in middle school I started to realize that I would become aroused at pictures of naked girls, and I started to develop feelings for a couple of my female classmates.

12. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew i was gay when I always get turned on whenever i see guys in sando.
    but recently, I have been weirdly having a huge crush on a typical Filipino girl. I think Im turning bi

13. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It took me a pretty long time for me to realise that I wasn't straight. For a very long time, I had a rather poor understanding about sexuality. I had experimented (not sexually) with a female friend on and off but, it wasn't until I was, maybe, 9 or 10 that I got a crush on a girl and actually found myself mulling in disbelief the possibility of me being gay. When I was 11 or 12, I learned about bisexuality and I ended up considering it quite a few times.

14. tscott

In junior high when a friend asked me to shower with him in the pool's locker room. He was a year or two older and he fondled me and jacked me off, but seeing as it was only with a friend I put it on the back burner. When he and his family moved away was when I realized I liked guys for the first time, because other boys became attractive to me.

15. MelG

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pretty much about a year and a half ago. I guess I realised that I wasn't straight because I had this urge to kiss one of my friends(girl) and whenever I saw her I would like get butterflies. I'm not out to anyone probably because I'm not really sure what I am (lesbian/bi).

16. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just accepted within myself thst I was attracted to guys as well as girls. Not much else to it really. I came out to my mum first, then the rest of my family and then at work and now everyone knows. I did it because I realised thst it wadnt anything to be ashamed of and I didn't want to feel like I had some kind of secret and thus wanted others yo know and accept me for who I am. That's about it....

Happy days :slight_smile:

17. guitar

I started to have feelings toward guys as I entered puberty, but I spent years repressing and denying those feelings. As I entered my 20s, my feelings toward guys became stronger and it reached a point where I couldn't ignore those feelings anymore.

As for why I came out, it was because I couldn't deal with living a double life, watching pronoun usage constantly and pretending to be something I wasn't. I honestly can't remember who the first person I came out to in person was. It started with "I'm bi" because it was all I could muster at that point.

18. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of reading. Also took Kinsey sexuality test - a couple time, separated by time. Also talked to a few friends. Also journaled waited a bit of time then went back and edited journal and reflected on what I had written.