1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this Dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by antibinary, Jan 19, 2015.

1. antibinary

I look at the NHS website for the symptons of dysphoria and while it isn't on there I might as well ask here. When I get called a "Lady" it feels not quite right (I also get this feeling in "girls only spaces"), and when the term "ladies" get's reffered to a group I feel left out.

Also what about the fact I relate more to boys?

2. Music Soul

That's sounds like social-based dysphoria to me, as opposed to dysphoria about your body. I get uncomfortable when called a "lady" or other female specific words when my gender is something other than female, so you're not the only one.

3. antibinary

Thanks. At least the meaning of social based dysphoria is obvious so I don't go on a wiki walk.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be fair, "lady" is just an incredibly uncomfortable thing to be called :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: even my cis friends say it makes them feel like they're being talked to by an old woman.

But if you feel uncomfortable with feminine titles in general (girl, woman, etc.), that can definitely be a type of dysphoria.

5. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    This.
    For my own reasons I don''t like being called a "lady" (just my feminism stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) even though I feel 100% female.

Relating more to boys is pretty common. I know a lot of girls who prefer male friends and would much rather do non-stereotypically "girly" stuff rather than go shopping or whatever.

If that's the only issue you have, I wouldn't necessarily say it's dysphoria, but if it's more like what darkcomesoon said or any other signs, it's possible.