1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid? What gender am i?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Stella813, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Stella813

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,
    So i always identified myself as a girl/female my whole entire life. But about a year and a half ago I got interested in cosplaying with my friend. It wasn't just about the fact that I liked dressing up as my favourite characters from shows. It was also because i liked dressing up, acting, and just being a boy. I remember when my friend tried doing makeup on me and dressing me up to look male, I felt happy i guess.. It felt 'right'. I don't know how to say this but it felt like a part of me just clicked i guess.. Its been a while since i last cosplayed but since then i would try dressing as a guy and looking like a boy in my room or being a boy whenever i felt like being a boy(too scared to do it at school tho).

Recently I've been going on a search for my sexual orientation and gender identity. For now all i know is that I feel like a girl most of the time but sometimes I just want to look/feel like a boy(binding and wearing male clothes and just being a guy in general) and neutral. For the first time i tried going outside being a boy and got a lot of weird looks but I felt comfortable..

I don't know what gender I am... I am kind of nervous and in denial or maybe i'm not but I just wanted your opinions... Thanks in advance

#1 Stella813, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gende...9807-figuring-out-my-gender-identity-s.html#4
    and here:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-gender-identity-expression/149111-am-i-ftm.html

You might play a bit with hairstyle and clothing style... sweaters one or two sizes bigger, unisex or mens trousers, etc... what you feel comfortable with... there are threads on ftm clothing... it can be really fun...

Is there a gsa at your school ? You could meet others there.

(*hug*)

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like genderfluid to me. It might help to talk to someone who's genderfluid themselves or read about fluidity in gender to see if anything clicks for you. ^^

4. nevers

Out Status:
    All but family
    My assigned gender was girl but I am genderfluid since I have times where I am a girl and others when I am a boy. It's whatever you feel more comfortable with that day. I lean more male and wish I was a boy but some days I want to dress girly and be adorable. Other days I feel like I'm neither and others I feel like I'm both. Gender fluid is pretty much like a river in your body and it just flows along with every gender identity. It sounds like gender fluid to me but in the end it's just how you feel identifies you the best. Just look at all of the terms around it and whatever definition feels like 'you' the most is what you should probably go with. In the end it's just what you are more comfortable with and you think describes you best.
    I wish you the best of luck!

5. Music Soul

I agree, find a label that sounds like you (or disregard labels all together, that's perfectly acceptable too). This is what I did while questioning, I read the definitions of many gender identities. Eventually I found the term genderfluid and everything started to make sense.

(*hug*) I know that questioning can be frustrating, but just remember that you're not alone

6. crazycat

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds a lot like how I've felt since I was around 11 tbh. I'm 23 now and I only learned that genderfluid was a thing about 2 years ago. It sounds like you might be genderfluid, however you might also be a Demi-girl or bigender. Look into different genders and see what feels right. Also remember that gender can change.