1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body hair attractive or unattractive?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CyberScream, Jan 15, 2015.

1. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On myself, I don't care much. I'm too lazy to shave often.

On other girls, I consider smooth and soft hairless skin to be very attractive. But it's not a major concern; I don't usually notice others' body hair.

2. tscott

The more hair the better...a carpet on the back might be excessive...love trimmed beards and skruff. Please don't groom or shave...it's not sexy. This is not to say the furless cannot be attractive, but hair is a turn on. I like you just the way God made you. I confess to being a bear and liking other bears as a type, but not to the exclusivity of the person. If you're ginger on top of this, woof, I might have to eat you up with a spoon. :icon_wink

3. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally I'm not too much of a fan of body hair (trimmed in certain areas is okay, but no bushes please)
    But to each their own.

4. KayJay

I'm all about the body hair! I mean not like a lot but having a decent amount is attractive. Facial hair is great too :slight_smile:

5. Whisper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Pubic hair is cool (and preferable) with me as long as there's some kind of hygienic maintenance and a bit of trimming. Don't want to require a machete to get through the jungle.
    I prefer underarms and legs to be shaved on girls.

The distinction about separating what is aesthetically most pleasing and controlling what someone does with their body is important, though.

6. TidMaskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll reply here even if this thread is old because I had the same problem! I always had a lot of hair on my body, especially on my legs, arms and face and in fact the main problem for was not this great amount of hair but my attitude towards it...:eusa_doh: I felt ugly too and was even a bit uncomfortable with wearing shorts and T-shirts because of the hair on my legs and arms :icon_sad:
    Then, after a long time I understood that there's nothing ugly in fact, especially for the guy :slight_smile: It's just natural and everyone has their own tastes for human's appearance :slight_smile: So don't be so depressed about your body hair! :icon_wink
    Besides comparing to the other parts of my body I always found my facial hair attractive and I liked guys with long beautiful beards like here 25 Classy Facial Hair Styles - Achieve the Look You Want :slight_smile: I want now to grow a nice beard too, smth like this one, and I'm happy that many guys/girls find such style attractive too :rolle:

[​IMG]

7. HuskyLover

I'm fine with trimmed beards, and I find slightly hairy chests attractive, but anything beyond that is unattractive. Luckily, I'm not very hairy myself either.

8. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a girl that likes girls, but for me:

Pubic hair: Attractive. Fully shaved is a dealbreaker, but a landing strip is fine.

Armpits: Unattractive. Prefer shaved but not a dealbreaker.

Legs: Couldn't care less....shaved or hairy, don't care. I go unshaved in all months except summer since I wear pants, so I'm a bit used to it.

9. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Eh, I don't really care, it's their choice. Apart from beards, I do not like beards at all (stubble is nice, though!). As for pubic hair, again I'm not too bothered but I do prefer it to be well-maintained (so like, not a bush) because I'm a hygiene freak.

On myself, I either shave completely or keep it short.

10. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like body hair most of the time. The only time I really don't like it is if there's an incredibly large amount but I'd say I like the standard amount most guys tend to grow. As for facial hair, I don't really care about it as long as it's not really long. The pic TidMaskin posted is about as far as it could grow while I still like it.

11. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Body hair isn't something that bothers me. It's how you feel about it. I shave my armpits because I'd get teased if I didn't but if no one else cared I wouldn't shave. I onlt shave my legs if I'm going to wear shorts or a swimming costume. I don't bother with my arms. A few people have told me it's disgusting but that's their preference. It's up to the individual how they feel

12. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like having hair in other places than on my head. At the same time, I'm usually not attracted to hairless guys.

13. Loveislife

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No body hair! I don't know if I'd really mind if a girl had a little bit of body hair but my preference definitely goes to no body hair at all. Body hair on men repulses me.

14. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Attractive. Period. I'm anti-shaving.

And a hypocrite too: I keep a stubble on my face, because more hair itches. But still I just use a trimmer. No shaving cream, no gel, no blades.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not too crazy about mammoths. Pubes are the exception, and of course, seeing "light" hairs is nice (the type you need to be close up to see, or the light shine on).

16. Astrocyte

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like body hair on guys - perhaps hair on the shoulders and back would be the only turn off for me. When it comes to facial hear a stubble is good but not a full on beard.

I'm quite hairy myself and I used to hate it but now I don't mind it. I'm not sure if I kind of 'learnt' to like it though, since I think I used to prefer the hairless look but sort of became attracted to the hairy look perhaps in response to not feeling good about myself. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I think it raises an interesting idea from the gay perspective though: we don't necessarily have to be the guy we find attractive. I think this is something that could toy with a lot of people's minds though.

17. SHIELDAgentAlex

I dislike having it, but as long as it isn't too wild and gross I don't care about other people.

18. Quist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really care for it, but it's not a deal breaker. I do shave all my body hair off though except for my lower arms, mostly so I don't have to explain myself because everything else is usually covered up.

If I knew nobody would make a big deal about it I'd shave them too.