1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate their free time?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miiaaaaa, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've noticed, since coming home from university, that my free time sucks. My house is small, crowded and my stepdad hates anything loud, so I couldn't bring my drums back with me, other than that and the odd video game (like RuneScape, which I can't stand anymore haha), my free time sucks! It was alright when I was working 5-6 days a week around a busy Christmas period, but now that we're in the January slump, I'm getting 3-4 days off a week it sucks! Other than seeing friends occasionally, I just don't know what to do with myself!
    As soon as I move out, I can re-purchase some drums and fill some free time with productive stuff, but that won't be happening for the forseeable future.

Anyone else feel the same way?
    Any ideas to alleviate some boredom? :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm also not a fan of free time.. I usually spend it sleeping or browsing the internet. I just feel like I am not getting anything done, and that bothers me.

3. Acm

Acm Guest

I usually feel restless or depressed so I'm not a big fan of it either.

4. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a fan either. I love/need to feel productive. that's why on my free time I'm always trying to be doing stuff I enjoy like running, blogging, baking, etc. Spending all day long at home doing nothing makes me depressed and bored.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "A zoologist who observed gorillas in their native habitat was amazed by the uniformity of their life and their vast idleness. Hours and hours without doing anything. Was boredom unknown to them? This is indeed a question raised by a human, a busy ape. Far from fleeing monotony, animals crave it, and what they most dread is to see it end. For it ends, only to be replaced by fear, the cause of all activity. Inaction is divine; yet it is against inaction that man has rebelled. Man alone, in nature, is incapable of enduring monotony, man alone wants something to happen at all costs—something, anything.... Thereby he shows himself unworthy of his ancestor: the need for novelty is the characteristic of an alienated gorilla."

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I have too much of it and I resent it. I usually just browse the internet or play video games and it doesn't help matters much. It sucks because if you really want someone to talk to, you realize all your friends are at work/school anyway and it makes you want to go back.

7. PrairieRachel

Free time? I own an organic farm no such thing.
    Ever get bored come on over! Lol. :slight_smile:

8. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree. I cant stand doing nothing. I'm not a beach person for this reason, though I like the idea of Barbados, practice is slightly different. Waiting for Uni to go back when I'm not working is a drag. Plus I've become nocturnal and actually went shopping at half 2 in the morning because I was that bored. But time passes quicker at night for some reason.

9. Callie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love free time. If it was possible all my time would be free time.

10. Yosia

I live for my free-time, I would rather sit at home doing nothing than at college doing nothing. :lol:

11. Rainbows~Exist

I only hate it when I have nothing to do... which is about 70% of the time :lol:

12. classicat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nope, I enjoy my free-time.

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I suppose if you do nothing with your free time, sure, it can be less than stellar. But often times, it's nice to take a break, to kick back and relax, maybe reflect on what you've done, what you are currently doing, and what you'd like to do.

If I have free time, I'll devote it to reading/learning, being on here, working on writing projects, being active (lifting weights, jogging/running), meditating, movies/music/video games, or resting. Sometimes though, I like the idleness, because it reminds me that I'm a human being with feelings and thoughts, and being always so busy tends to take me away from that humbling realization.

As for how to combat boredom, that depends. Are you truly bored, or are you just tired of doing the compilation of things you normally do? If it's the former, try something new, even if it's as mundane as taking a walk. If it's the latter, well, that's going to be harder to deal with, because often times when people claim they're bored, they don't actually mean that -- they just mean "I'm tired of doing what I normally do, but what I normally do is all I want to do" and yet, somehow, say they want to do something else, when they probably don't want to.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I never get bored, but I get a lot this feeling of "damn, why so soon?" after work, when I have to leave. Too much stuff to get done/learn/resolve.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I have days when I feel the same way.

But I try to find things to do. If I really think about it, my life is boring and every day is the same. So I try not to think about it and just do things I like.

16. ThainGames

I got fired recently, so I got more time than I know what to do with. All its been is browsing the internet and games, which both have gotten boring.

Though all this free time has made me stumble upon this site, which is a huge plus

17. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it`s what you do in your free time that counts :eusa_doh:

18. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely get free time, but when I do I always try and make the most of it. Tonight Is my only free evening this week and Im happily chilling out on the sofa doing absolutely nothing!

19. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to try to make the most of it, but not sure how. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And wow, so many responses haha.

20. Illus1

I freaking love free time, I really don't mind being idle, it's weird that I just don't feel guilty at all about it. But today's society is more into the people who are workaholics :/