1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK general election, 2015

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by soulcatcher, Jan 13, 2015.

?

Which UK political party do you support?

Poll closed May 13, 2015.
  1. Conservative

16.0%
  2. Labour

30.0%
  3. Liberal Democrat

8.0%
  4. Democratic Unionist

2.0%
  5. Scottish Nationalist

2.0%
  6. Sinn Fein

2.0%
  7. Independent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Plaid Cymru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Social Democratic & Labour Party

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. UK Independence Party

6.0%
  11. Alliance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Green

32.0%
  13. Respect

2.0%
  14. Other (please explain in the comments)

6.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I would be happy with this or even Lab & greens/SNP.

I am leaning towards Labour or Greens at the minute and I will never vote for the London loving snobs (Tories) or UKIP. I voted Libs in the last election and feel a bit let down by them so im not voting for them this time.

Attached Files:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The green party

3. SeaSalt

I shall be voting Labour for the soul purpose of throwing one more vote away from UKIP. Might even vote Green but in Cornwall I think that would just be doing the tories and UKIP a favour. To be honest I think they are all a useless bunch of contemptible tossers who are going to ruin my beloved Britain in one way or another, UKIP more so than the rest.

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's quite odd that the Tories favour London so much, even though London is a strong Labour city, with some of the safest Labour seats in the country. Labour will probably do exceptionally well in London this year, as they did in the Local and European elections last year.

E5mHz3Y.jpg

#24 imnotreallysure, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My prediction: Labour will be the largest party but will require the support of others, most obviously the SDLP. If that's not enough I can imagine the Greens, Liberal Democrats or Northern Ireland Alliance member/s joining in support. I also believe the Nationalist parties would support a Labour led government, but I think they would make excessive demands.

Apart from the Northern Ireland Unionists and possibly UKIP, I can't imagine the Conservatives having enough support to form another coalition. I doubt the Liberal Democrats would offer another five years to David Cameron as it's already cost them dear.

#25 PatrickUK, Jan 14, 2015
  6. soulcatcher

I am :confused:. You chose UKIP in this poll, but this post seems to contradict it.

7. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Labour. But I worry about this election because it's going to be an absolute farce.

I think Labour will have it...JUST. I mean JUST.

UKIP is an idiots party - a Daily Mail readers party. If you ever go to a UKIP event its full of middle aged, fat, balding men who live in council houses and a Subaru in the driveway. I'm not stereotyping. Its just a fact. You'll also find UKIP voters are generally less educated and less progressive people with high rates of EDL supporters - which is reason alone. UKIP are dangerous party run by a self promoting heavy drinking ex banker. Without 'Farcage' and his media personality the party would be nothing. Incidentally, Nigel is a self proclaimed FASCIST. I understand if your coastal town is full of immigrants that's annoying. But most coastal towns - Southend, Bournemouth are pretty dire anyway. Long before the immigrant arrived. And of course they contribute more than they take out. Anybody who votes him needs to a HAVE CAREFUL look at his POLICIES. VERY CAREFUL. VERY, VERY, CAREFUL. I have to laugh when UKIP got seats. The man they used to win one from Tories has the charisma and personality of a cabbage. He ONLY won because it was good old him, but he is expected to loose it come May. I do find it interesting they say UKIP pose a threat to Labour, but in fact its middle aged, balding (sound familiar) Tory ministers moving over and Tory seats being lost. Hmmm.

Tory voters are inherently wealthier, as were Independent voters in Scottish referendum. The wealth (and as result voters) are concentrated in the South, but actually not so much in London, for whilst it has MASSIVE wealth in the Centre that the media like to tell everybody, it is vastly outweighed even more poverty on the outer parts, hence Labour.

Scotland is a big issue for Labour. Labour expecting to have a complete balls up come election because actually Scotland is vital for their votes. SNP are expected to take the vast majority from them - whether this is true I'm not sure. The good news is, SNP will NOT do business with Tory government under any circumstances. And they never could, it WOULD FINISH THEM OVERNIGHT - only one thing is hated more in Scotland and that's vegetables. SNP are extremely left wing - if they could nationalise Tesco, they would. So different from Tory you couldn't find. And the former leader - and part time metal moron, Jim Sillers even threatened John Lewis with it or to shut them down for voting against nationalist. SNP voters are also very similar to UKIP voter demographics; though they do have a chunk of higher wealth individuals made up of hard core Scottish Nationalists and England haters. The odd thing, UKIP is hated in Scotland. Which is bizarre.

Conservatives are really worried. I get the impression they are struggling. And they know it. Osborne comes out with these figures, but it's all nonsense. And he knows it. He is determined to run a Surplus by 2020, which even economists think is verging on a fetish. He has borrowed more, not less; all his targets are failing and they ARE going to sell the NHS off, Cameron said "he wouldn't put it at risk" he didn't say it wasn't for sale. I'm SICK of hearing about Labour failures and Labour war in Iraq. Labour need to remind people back in the Tony Blair and Brown as exchequer day they had fantastic bombing economy. The crisis wasn't just Labours fault. It was the World crisis. Not Britain's. Britain actually survived remarkably well. As far as wars; well they did fluff up the reasons for going in, but the reasons were there. At least they went in, what have the Tories allowed to happen? Mass genocide, beheadings of whole families, children forced into slave labour and rape by IS. That's worse!! MUCH WORSE. Better to go find there were no WMDs under Hussain in Iraq (who I find frightening that people think "well he wasn't all that bad, at least you knew where you stood"), than there were. The war hasn't been all good in Iraq admittedly as anybody who turns on the TV will find out - but a lot of that lays at the door of the soldiers who don't even turn up for work. Then look at Afghanistan which is a much better place now.

WHO THE HELL VOTES GREENS. ITS POINTLESS. Don't get me wrong, I like their policies. I like them actually. But who even can name on single person. No, me neither. I'm not really a hippy green type of person - but the party isn't really about that and a lot of people think it is. I would vote if it meant something. But it just wont. They need a voice like Farage to get them to wide stream media and they have frankly left it too late now. The Greens are basically labour, a bit more to the left perhaps.

Do you know something. I like the Lib Dems too. Is it worth voting for. No. Why? Because of Nick Clegg...and the fact I live in Scotland. Clegg needs to accept he's damaged the Libs for next two elections. He needs to leave and admit failure. He's left it too late now. the fact they went into bed with the Tories has done some good, because I suspect the Tories would have went ape shit otherwise, but really they let so many people down particularly young voters - which is a cockup.

I suspect Labour will need Lib Dem &/Or SNP support and I expect they'll get it. SNP will do anything for power. I'm not 100% sure why they are obsessed with removing Trident apart from financial reasons - in this day in age and with another Cold War becoming a frightening possibility of the future, I want it. Everybody has nuclear weapons. Britain needs them too. They're also, incidentally, the WORST losers ever. Who threatens another election in 2026 because they lost in this "once in a lifetime opportunity" And they have went surprisingly quiet now the price of crude oil is not even half what they estimated it was worth; which was not a "bonus" no matter what they say, it was meant to kick start the future of Scotland for another 50 years even though they are also huge supporters of renewal technology, which I find slightly hypocritical and highlight the increasing uselessness of oil :smilewave

#27 chrisyboy, Jan 14, 2015
  8. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I follow British politics pretty often, but not as much as American or Israeli politics. I usually support the Tories and would do so in 2015 if I lived in the UK.

Ideologically I am a Thatcherite but I would've supported Tony Blair all three times he ran because of foreign policy and his moderate economics (in comparison to previous Labour PMs)

I like David Cameron a lot.

9. Joelouis

Same here.

10. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Whilst I don't want to turn this into a discussion about the war and it should be kept on topic and whilst I am not disputing the other stuff you have written..... the above comment is above ridiculous. Do really want to know why the government hasn't done anymore than airstrikes on ISIS and Syria? Because the British Public does not have the stomach for anymore boots on the ground after a long slog in Afghan and Iraq as well as the fact that to go into any country we really would need the help of other nations - it's just not doable by us with the size of our forces.

Afghan is better than it was initially but it certainly isn't a great situation over there and the troops have only just stopped combat operations, way way to early to judge the situation.

As for Hussein I can completely understand peoples thought on him being better than whats now happening. Minority groups were actually protected to a degree when he was in power and we knew exactly what was going on. The ISIS situation is beyond appalling and they are truly one of the most evil groups to have appeared in the 21st century.

If the nation was lied to to go into Iraq then the people who were in government here at the time should be held to account for that.

11. LiquidSwords

Gazwkd beat me to the Iraq war bit.. The main reason the british public didn't want anything to do with Syria is because of the farce of the Iraq war which preceded it. And if we're being pragmatic, if Saddam Hussein hadn't already been deposed then IS probably wouldn't exist today..

It's not just jumping on a populist bandwagon to criticise the war in Iraq, it was a fucking mess Blair should be ashamed

~

On voting green being pointless, well yeah apart from 2-3 constituencies where they have an actual chance it sort of is.. but most people's votes are pointless by this measure when we don't have proportional representation. Eg my constituency is a safe LibDem seat (yes they still exist) so voting for anyone is a waste of time as it won't influence the result. Like if it was tight between tories and libdems I'd reconsider voting green but it's not so might as well vote honestly

---------- Post added 15th Jan 2015 at 12:15 PM ----------

Oh and I can name two green politicians! Their leader and their only MP. Look how well UKIP are doing though and ask their voters how many UKIP politicians they can name beyond Farage..

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Airstrikes on Syria would have actually aided ISIS in their advancement anyway, so it's a good thing we didn't intervene. You have Ed Milliband to thank for that. :wink:

As for the Greens - they should retain their Brighton Pavilion seat and have a chance of winning Bristol West and Norwich South as well (and will do well in any seat full of hippies and earth lovers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

#32 imnotreallysure, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  13. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

14. antibinary

If I could vote it would be a tactical vote towards Lib dem because the greens aren't going to get in any time soon.

15. LiquidSwords

[​IMG]
    you wot

Yeah hopefully Caroline Lucas will hold her Brighton seat but I think that will be it. I know they're hoping to do well in Bristol west, it's probably the most affluent area of bristol but also quite studenty, but I think they're quite a way off winning it from Labour still

16. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

Not too sure on that, there seems to be a fair bit of hate for the current council in Brighton.

#36 gazwkd, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  17. LiquidSwords

Right. Well I don't know anything about Brighton politics or who holds the council but Caroline Lucas can hardly be held accountable for what happens at the council anyway. Hopefully she'll be ok

18. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    at the moment nobody Cameron, mill band, cleg:roflmao:, none could organised a piss up in a brewery at the moment so I dont know if Boris was ruing I would vote for him :wink:

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure Nigel Farage would be able to organise a huge piss up in a brewery. The guy seems to do all of his publicity in a pub. :slight_smile:

20. LiquidSwords

http://m.bathchronicle.co.uk/Ukip-l...-campaigning/story-21028932-detail/story.html

LiveLeak.com - Pub Raises £250 From Campaign To ?Buy A Pint? For Man doing ?Farage Wave? On Live TV

Not in Bath :lol: