1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been bullied because of who you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Intrinsicallyme, Jan 13, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

If I were to tell you about everything, I might as well turn it into a novel, because it would take up hundreds of pages. Does that say much?

2. Aro

Aro

It makes me sad that so many of us here alone feel like we could fill up books and novels with our poor experiences in bullying. Definitely sorry this is happened/is happening to you all. At least there are lots who understand.

3. Joelouis

Only once, sort of.
    A boy called Chris took my Manchester United top out of my gym bag and literally challenged me to fight him for it.
    I was lucky enough to be popular and plus I was fortunate to be best mates with the tough kid and he just took it back off him without any trouble.

4. Quiet Raven

I think guys with long hair look cool. And I see it every now and then. I don't get it at all why people have an issue with it.

I have been bullied a lot as kid. I was beat up, laughed at, neglected. Even forced to hurt others due to peer pressure. I was weak and passive. So it was pretty easy for them to do. Most of it happened in elementary. And progressively less as I got older.

5. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being bullied here is for me
    24\7
    At school guys never stop picking on me
    At home they all do in their own way
    Even in the street people glare at me talk out loud mean words they call me a cunt
    I think being a queen is really hard here
    I usualy dont care it has been my whole life routine
    But lately im getting sick of it and i have no friends to rant and rave to and barley im feeling good anymore though still i have to keep myself happy^_^my dreams are on their way

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2015 at 11:03 AM ----------

I agree with guys and long hair they look very cool ^_^
    Also i relete to your bullying but too bad it didnt stop for me or even get less as i get older

6. MouseKeeper

I'm sorry you've been through all that.
    I remember I had my pants pulled down twice, once by a friend and once by my cousin (though he probably didn't do it on purpose), and in Middle School, someone pulled me away from a urinal before I could go, and my private area was hanging out. I've also been spanked without my consent multiple times, once by my girlfriend. I've faced various other forms of sexual harassment, and when I came out as celibate until marriage (before I discovered Asexuality), I've faced annoying and sometimes embarrassing attention about my lack of a sex life.

Although none of this can compare to what you've been through, I can say some of it still made me feel violated and the rest was just either annoying, embarrassing or both. I'm glad things are better for you, and I wish you luck on your road to recovery.

Mouse.

#26 MouseKeeper, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  7. Lyana

Throughout middle school, I was bullied by a group of older guys I didn't even know. I never found out their names. I suppose it was pretty tame; I was basically terrified of going to the bathroom, because it meant walking past them, and they never let me just walk past. It was mostly insults, but sometimes they'd grab me. Once the 'leader' gave me a Chinese burn and I really thought he would go further, I was so scared. I remember repeating "Let me go, let me go."

Then in high school I found out how cruel girls could be. A bunch of girls made my life hell for months until my friends and I complained to the principal. They insulted us, tried to see us naked, spoke about us behind our back, sabotaged our personal belongings, and generally conspired to make us alone and miserable. After we complained, they never said anything to our faces again, but they still thought it.
    The guys in high school were pretty bad, too. Trying to touch our butts on a dare, calling us names to our faces. They used to make us so angry.
    I remember complaining to my parents, and them telling me I should be making more of an effort to fit in. All I wanted was to be left alone.

Thankfully, I never believed I was in the wrong. I suffered from being often angry and hurt, but my self-esteem was just fine. I just thought the rest of the world were idiots, which wasn't a very healthy point of view, but it helped.

Thankfully, being bullied is definitely in my past. I'm starting to actually like people.

#27 Lyana, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  8. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bullied because of my skin tone. I've been called anorexic, because I am 'too skinny'. I've been called ugly, fat (too thin, too fat, f*ck society), disgusting, stupid, slut, fake, liar.... I have always been sensitive, easy target, you know. I somehow managed to cope with that, I am much stronger now, sometimes still not strong enough.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow seeing all these replies if u guys feel like you're alone you're not.

10. Mickz

I've always been bullied and still am. It made me stronger in some way and weak in others. I am mostly bullied because I am overweight, I'm tomboyish and I'm geeky. I just find ignoring is the best way to cope with it for me...

11. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In 8th Grade, I was made fun of because all of my friends were girls...And, of course, they would accuse me of being Gay...Of course, I denied it just to avoid further torture...

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been bullied since elementary and high school .
    College went well .:slight_smile:

13. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was bullied in high school. I eventually got used to it and endured murderous impulses. I'm not proud that I wanted to blow their brains out. But it's the truth and I won't deny it. Some jerks will always find a reason to bully somebody or just invent one. So much for a no-tolerance bullying policy.

Results of getting bullied:

*I have difficulty trusting people. I've made considerable progress on this one.
    *I'm insecure about some of my abilities. This can also be a positive because I'm a perfectionist with some tasks.
    *I think I have a superiority complex over evil people. If there's no remorse, f**k 'em. I've confronted my darkness and they're too scared to even try.
    *There used to be more mental damage, but I've gotten over most of it. Hell, I used to feel like a void inside.

On the positive side:

*I've developed a strong hatred of bullying. You don't need to be bullied to understand it's wrong. In my case, I needed that lesson. My natural instinct is to think the weak deserve their fate.
    *I've learned that nonviolence doesn't always work. Self-defense shouldn't be some great crime. Sure, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm the heaviest hammer.

People have tried to bully me beyond that. Unfortunately, some adults are stuck in a high school mentality.

Random sidenote; I find it boring to watch the vast majority of sports. However, I played five-a-side football, field hockey, and netball (long story). They were fun and I don't recall getting bullied there.

And even more random stuff... I like playing football management games way more than typical football video games. I end up finding it difficult to breathe because I'm laughing about how players somehow manage to pull their hamstrings only exercising for 20 minutes per week. I guess I just really like strategy games. If an opposing team has a star player, I might buy them with money from extortionate ticket fees and put them on the reserve. I order them to do nothing, not even exercise. Then fire them when their fitness reaches a low level. And various other strange tactics that only work in video games :lol:

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh ya and I can't even tell u how many times someone called me either a homo or a faggot.

15. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    once at senior school I wasnt out but some lads thought I acted weird kept ganging up on me beat up once so I bid my time caught the biggest lad by himself bit of a coward by himself he didnt come near me again.
    Also had a few run ins with my dad when I came out not a happy period for me then .

16. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was bullied about the average amount in elementary and middle school, not for being gender non-conforming in any way (because I was very conforming) but more for being nerdy. Of course I got called a fag but everyone got called a fag in middle school back then.

I grew quite tall in 8th grade though and from then on any bullying ended. I also went to a fairly good high school. The kids were more mature. The culture of bullying was less prevalent.

17. PressPlay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In school I was bullied for being ugly...at that time I looked like harry potter on crack....then during the summer break before I started high school I got a hair cut, new clothes and contact lenses and it all stopped when I started my new school.

18. ravenclaw1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was bullied a lot in high school.. I was overweight, so I was teased about that. And then everyone called me gay ALL of the time. That was before I even came to terms that I'm not straight.

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll just say this:

I was picked on for a few days in elementary school. It was for being quiet and not knowing how to make friends. At first it was stupid names, but one girl grabbed a hole in my pants and ripped them in half...

... after that, I pretty much snapped and became a bully. You can discover tidbits here and there, if you're really that curious.

Basically, I was the type of individual many folks complain about or were made to feel uncomfortable by, here, which is why I have an interesting perspective at times.

20. AKTodd

Hrm. Yes, no, and maybe?

I've never been physically assaulted like so many folks have described here. But I was teased a fair bit in middle school with unflattering nicknames and such. Also, in my hometown there were only three things: hunting, snowmobiles, and basketball. Since I had no interest in any of these I was pretty much an outsider to an outcast depending. That all said, given how small the town and the school were (53 students kindergarten thru grade 12 (HS senior) the year I graduated) and that most folks had grown up together there was never anything at the level of viciousness that other places apparently manage. The few times someone did try to push things in that direction, they pretty much lost interest by the time they finished gasping and choking on the floor after I pinned them to a wall by their throat.

By the time I hit HS, I pretty much cared nothing for my peers even though they had grown out of the whole teasing and outcast thing. We were friendly enough in school, but just ignored each other the rest of the time. And I was fine with that.

For a more bullying type experience, I had my dad, who spent a fair bit of time telling me I was stupid, worthless, a baby, etc. He used passive aggression and emotional abuse as a hobby on both my mom and I, at least until we started pushing back. One of the bigger regrets in my life is that I never took the opportunity to pin him to a wall by his throat a few times.

Todd