I'm a straight guy who may have feelings for his gay best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LW995, Jan 13, 2015.

1. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

That's great things worked out for you. Very mature of you, and how you put things.

2. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to kick a dead horse but there has been a development.

I have been dreaming about my friend lately.... It started 2 weeks ago, I dreamt about the 2 of us kissing in what appeared to be my bedroom... I have similair dreams about him maybe 1 or 2 times a week now, where I dream about the two of us kissing, making out and laying in bed together....

It scares me, and also makes me angry, I try to get over him and now this. I know exactly what this is, this is my subconcious telling me I still want him a little. And before anyone asks, no I don't think about him sexually when I am 'awake', I quickly kill any sexual thought about him that pops into my mind whenever I am around him/think of him. But I can't control my dreams and am afraid if these dreams become more and more graphic... :S

I am thinking about telling him, I know he's mature so we can talk about this like two adults, but I also know hearing from someone they've been having sex dreams about you can be really wierd and unnerving, so I am kinda at a loss at what to do.... I was hoping some of you might have experienced something similair (sex dreams about best friends or unrequited love in my case) and how did you deal with it?

3. Ditz

I have a question for you: How would you feel if one of your other friends that you don't have an attraction for tells you he is in love with you and then a month later tells you about the sex dreams he is having about you? Keeping in mind that he is just a friend of yours to whom you have no sexual attraction at all. Will you feel uncomfortable? Just turn the tables by imagining the situation from a difarent perspective and then figure out what the potential risks are.

I'd feel pretty weird and uncomfortable if one of my mates to whom I'm not attracted to tells me about his sexual dreams of me, especially after I've told him on a previous occasion that I'm not attracted to him and just want to be platonic friends.... But that's me, you should be able to answer that question yourself. Some things are better kept to yourself.