1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to Rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DMark69, Jan 12, 2015.

1. DMark69

I have a friend who was attacked on FB and even threatened because of a post she made about a fatal car crash involving a DUI. The crash involved a rollover accident of a pickup truck and killed a 19 year old boy (Not the driver). She posted "When will we learn" I support her in asking that. The fact people would attack and threaten her angers me. It is always tragic when someone dies, weather they are 8 or 80. It is more so when it is preventable. All DUI accidents are PREVENTABLE. It is the duty of the driver, to not drive when he knows he has drank to much. It is also the duty of his or her friends to try to stop them from driving. If they are unable to stop him or her, it is their duty to not only not get into the car with them, but to also call the police and report their DUI, to make the public safer. As steep as the penalties are for being caught DUI it is much less than those of killing someone because of your poor judgement.
    In September 2001, 8 members of the UW cross country team were also killed in a DUI accident. It is now 13 years later, and we still have this problem. So I echo what she said: "When Will We Learn?"

2. Sapphy

My grandmother died in a DUI car accident so I am completely against drink driving and don't drink at all if I know I am driving.

3. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Alchol is a huge problem every where I know some can control them selves but others like me blackout and when you black out you don't know what your doing...i broke my neighbors car window and stole his radio..i dindt even know I did it I woke up in jail completely confused...the same can apply to drinking and driving..its no excuse to not take responsibility for these actions but us as a country need to treat this problem and then punish...cause getting thrown in jail teaches at most 20% a lesson the other 80% learn nothing but hate and how to pay fines and return right back....if hiding people in cells worked so great wouldn't there be less dui's and crime in general..again all criminals deserve punishment but we also need treatment