1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being small,

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NingyoBroken, Jan 11, 2015.

1. suninthesky

If you're going on T at 17 there's a good chance you'll grow. It depends on when you started puberty/how far you are along. I've grown at least 2 inches since I was 16 and I'm not even on T yet. Being in shape can also make you look taller, and slap a pair of shoes with a good sole on them and you'll be fine :slight_smile: Congrats on being able to get on T so early.

2. raiden04

raiden04 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Short dominant males are sexy. If only I could meet one... :grin:

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel your pain. Fellow 5' guy here.

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yess d( ̄∇ ̄)

5. wanderinggirl

There's a lot of emphasis placed on being taller, but tbh all the men in my family are short so I feel like I have to defend shortness in guys.

My advisor is 5'2". The guy in charge of academic housing here is 5' tall. They're both cisgendered as far as I know.

THERE ARE SHORT CIS GUYS. So you're not the tallest guy; it's not the end of the world. And Ningyo if you're goth, you can totally rock platform shoes.

6. PossumJack

Being 5'1" I can definitely relate to this. I also tend to be more dominant so I know how frustrating it can be when people don't take you seriously because of your height. I feel like this is even worse when you pass, because a short guy is more susceptible to ridicule than a short "girl".

I've personally seen cismales who are shorter than me. They're definitely rare, but they're there. In terms of relationships I'm actually hoping to find another short dude who's around my height. Tall people make me feel insecure, which is stupid, I know, but I can't help it :\

7. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, appearing more assertive isn't just about height. I would say I look pretty unintimidating even though I am not short by the shear fact I am scrawny.

Also men often don't stop growing until more like late teens to twentish so there is good chance you will grow if you go on T at 17. This one transman on youtube said he grew about an inch on T and he started in his twenties.

8. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will probably gain more height. I spent most of my teenage years at around 5ft tall. I reached my full height within the last few years. Maybe it has something to do with my late puberty at age 13 and a half. It probably didn't help that I didn't want to feed my body. Yeah, seems counterproductive now xD The best you can do for yourself is eat right and sleep right and that's the kind of stuff you already know.

Most of my family aren't that tall. We have a long life expectancy though! I've seen plenty of my extended family marry tall partners. I wouldn't have a problem with height if society didn't put strange ideas in my head and rejections based on it. I used to be so insecure that I avoided measuring myself for years and believed I was actually shorter. I would make a joke here but it would be way too cruel xD

It sucks when one is judged negatively for height. There is so much more to people than that. I can't control what people think. Hell, I have my preferences as well. I know it's not easy, but you have to think 'their loss.' Maybe shorter dom guys need more visibility.

I've thought about making 80ft tall dragons my bitch. So dominating taller guys has positive mental connections. The last time it was intimidating I was 17. Although I'm insecure about my height pretty much everywhere else. This is reinforced when somebody makes captain obvious comments and I know they usually can't help it. I mourned for the height that I'll never have, as weird as that sounds. I think I'm getting there with the accepting it business.

9. birdking

Kevin Hart is only 5'2".

I'm 5'4" and I've seen plenty of (presumably) cis men who are my height or shorter than myself. There are a lot of short men out there, and being short doesn't make you any less attractive than you would be if you were tall.

10. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I was smaller, but I'm only like 5'6" anyway. Wanna swap? :slight_smile:

11. soulcatcher

Represent, represent!!!