I'm a woman, and I don't want to have children...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MyLittleWorld, Jan 11, 2015.

1. RainbowBright

It's nobody's business but your own what you decide to do with your own uterus (or adoption papers!).

It is insane that an 18-yr-old girl should get so much pressure to have children, when at that age one is nowhere near ready to care for or afford one! No 18 yr old guy gets that kind of pressure!

I really hope you fight back and convince people in your life to shut up! Perhaps you want to remind them that there are millions of children all over the world up for adoption and fostering because of the pressure on women to have children even though they don't want one or aren't equipped to take care of one. And that the world's population is so out of control that we are taking up more resources than there are - the planet actually can't sustain the population explosion we are having and eventually more and more generations will starve or kill each other in war in a fight over scarce resources and good livable land. Some of the most desirable places in terms of good soil and good water ports are already so stuffed with people that they have built all the buildings up many stories high, and disease is becoming rampant, while prices are at the same time on the increase.

The world cannot sustain every couple in the world having 2 children, and their children having 2 children - and a ton of people are having more than 2. People are living a lot longer than they used to so babies no longer replace the dead - we all live together on the same planet at the same time. 20 years from now it may be common for people to live to 100, and at the same time infant deaths are decreasing around the world due to better access to medicine and nutrition, and new medical treatments. It just isn't responsible for every person in the world to have a child of their own. Besides, one can decide not to have one biologically and can change their mind any time later to adopt- which will help spread love to all of the existing children in the world who have no home anyway. Having a biological child is actually selfish and irresponsible, from a global perspective, anyway.

My grandmother had kids because she felt forced to, not because she wanted to. They grew up abused by the husband she felt forced to marry rather than have a career. My mother had kids because she felt she was supposed to, not because she wanted them, and we grew up abused by both parents, who resented the money, time, space, and attention we took up. I have a lot of friends who grew up in the same situation. I'm in my 30s and don't have kids, and I've been pushed my whole life to have them and want them since I was a toddler and didn't want to play with dolls or play "house," even by total strangers. But nobody in my family has a clue how to raise healthy kids, and no stranger is going to be there to help me raise or pay for them. So it's none of their business!

Even if I have the flu, people are constantly speculating that I'm pregnant (umm... how?? I think you need to have sex with a man or a turkey baster for that), or telling me to have children because they think I'd be good with them. I may still have children, but I have never had all the circumstances in my life line up that would make that a responsible decision. I'm not going to bring kids into a situation as unhealthy as what I was brought into, or what my mother was brought into. As a kid, I would rather have never been born than be put through what I went through being unwanted. People who force children and child-bearing on women simply because they're women are ignorant. Besides, even today women and/or their infants do sometimes die from childbirth. There is a pretty strong history of that in my family. It's a serious decision that changes your body and your life, not to be taken lightly. It can be great, but you need to be prepared adequately and WANT that child.

And by the way, I do love kids, but babies look like ugly old men and are need machines that never let you sleep, and toddlers look like Frankenstein with huge heads and snot running out of their nose, and they throw things at you and scream and are generally utterly deplorable people! Most kids don't get cute or fun until at least 4, although there are exceptions... Babies are not puppies, and we already encourage too many puppies to be born without enough families to take care of them too!

Sorry for the vent, but wow, this stupid topic has been the bane of my existence! If I'm going to have kids, it will be because I made that decision for myself, and at the very least took one parenting class before embarking on a lifelong pursuit of trying to be a good parent. Not because like so many straight people I couldn't be bothered to use adequate birth control and just went along with what was expected of me. I already have multiple friends who had kids they couldn't afford and didn't intend to have. But hopefully they have enough love in their hearts to make up for the mistake, unlike my parents.

#21 RainbowBright, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I never understood the: 'awww!' reaction to babies either. I mean, kittens, puppies, etc I think are cute. Babies are just squidgy noisy miniature humans. I can tolerate and entertain other people's children in small measures (just as well, because they seem to be drawn to me for some reason). But as for having my own? I've never felt any such urge. There are other reasons why I'm uncertain as to whether or not it would be a good idea, but that's purely speculative.

There's NOTHING wrong with not wanting kids. There are plenty of children in the world already. You have no obligation to anyone else who expects you to produce them, that includes your parents. Your first and only consideration should be to what's best for YOU, not anyone else or a hypothetical child that doesn't even exist at this point in time anyway.

What would be 'wrong' is for someone to intentionally conceive and bring a child into the world when they are certain they do not want that child to begin with. Ask any person who grew up feeling unwanted by their parent(s) and they will tell you it doesn't exactly make for a happy start in life.

3. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if we can call it 'forcing', but I feel pressure to do it in near future, like 'you need to give birth to a first child until you are 30, you must, you will see how fast time will pass'. And I am so tired of them asking about if I have a boyfriend, or 'son-in-law' for my father. :eusa_doh:

It's horrible. Many people when I tell them this don't agree with me, but I think when you decide to have kids, you have to dedicate your life to them and forget about your needs. It's a human being, with fragile mind, that person depends on you, trusts you, and it's huge responsibility. And when parents make mistakes, kids suffer the most, it's not their fault. I don't understand why people are so dumb on this subject, but it's not woman's 'duty' to have kids. I hate sexism, and I think it's a huge part of this problem...

4. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    fuk it i dont want kids either ive known i dont want kids since always haha.."childless by choice"...and i do that too about babies like when i see them i dont feel like theyre cute or whatever..i think aww that sux u have a baby i bet u cant do fun shit anymore followed by that would really suk eww i never want kids haha..if that makes me coldhearted i dont really give a shit..why do i have to think like every other sheep lol..if its like my friends kids or sumthing then ill like fuk with them like "im not touching u im not touching u im not touching u" haha..like a big sister but yea i can only take so much kid time then i gotta go be around big kids.. like at bars haha :grin:

5. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I LOVE BABIES. Also, I NEVER WANT ONE.

6. anja26

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I also don't want kids, too much responsibility, they are cute and bla bla bla it's just not for me.