1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you consider yourself intelligent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Jan 10, 2015.

?

I would call myself:

1. Exceptionally intelligent

23.2%
  2. Somewhat or just above average intelligence

40.6%
  3. Average

16.8%
  4. Somewhat or just below average intelligence

1.9%
  5. Well below average intelligence

3.2%
  6. I reject the concept of intelligence/I don't know how to answer

14.2%
  1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it seems to be about a subject that would translate into excellent grammar, but we don't know the full story! Quite frankly, I don't know if he got that correct. It could be a typo?

I'm sorry if it seems I'm taking it way too personally! I guess I am. Some kids at my high school picked on my grammar. Just one of the many little things that made them feel superior. They called me a spastic and even made fun of my slight limp. We have different strengths. Although I know you're probably just joking and aren't being mean about it.

2. LiquidSwords

Sorry :icon_mrgr

Definitely!

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright! I used to be terrible at reading between the lines. It's mostly the result of burying myself in my interests. Some have accused me of autism/asperger's. I've been tested and don't have it.

I'm always saying weird things too. At my cousin's wedding, I said "congratulations on your breeding license." People get used to it after a while. Now I can see why it is offensive, but at the time it seemed fitting. It's another example of myself being stupid, and I'm working on reducing that xD

4. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm probably top 10% of my class. I guess that makes me intelligent? I don't know how else to measure it

5. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, i always pass tests with 70% or higher, i could do better, but that would mean studying.
    I'd much rather spend my time on other things, like pointless debates with religious zealots *wink*
    The reports that i type for class are so much better than one written by others (don't mean to gloat here, but some reports are 5 pages long from my fellow students.)
    Furthermore, when i mention names like: Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Charles Darwin, et cetera. about 80% of people i know don't even have the slightest clue who those people are/were.
    I'm definitely above average, but then again, might just be the Dunning–Kruger effect.

6. MouseKeeper

Eh. I don't believe in Intelligence. Everybody knows what they know. Some know more, others know less, others are average, it just contributes to diversity and individuality, much like being religious or non-religious, short or tall, "fat" or thin, male, female or somewhere in between, Heterosexual, Homosexual or Bisexual, sexual or asexual, etc. It's just something that makes you who you are. It's nothing more than a trait that like any other trait, can disappear if you become a vegetable. Mmm! Vegetables...

Mouse.

#106 MouseKeeper, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  7. 101DeadRoses

I consider myself fairly intelligent, meaning that I am quite a bit more educated, tend to make better decisions, better at math and grammar, but am not quite as good in social situations than the average person of my generation.

But, then again, it's not really hard to be more intelligent, seeing what my generation has been up to lately.

8. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not the sharpest book in the shed....or was it tool either way im pretty much a burn out and have memory problems cause of my air duster use..its getting better though I've been getting clean and been going to NA and im seeing a psychiatrist this week about these memory lapses and twitch things I've been having cause I've been constantly forgetting what others tell me right after they tell me....its hard to explain cause my famliy notices it more than I do i do notice the twitches though im pretty scared I messed somthing up.

9. Jellal

I tell everyone I'm ignorant because it's easier that way, but the truth is I'm probably one of the smartest people I know. I'm a slow processor so it takes me a while to reach the conclusion I want to reach or come up with the idea/argument that I find most satisfying, but when I get it, I know it's my best work. And I try to give nothing less than my best work where it counts.

10. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm a complete moron, but still slightly less of a moron than everyone else.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think of myself as intelligent, but I have my weaknesses; like being bad at math and not being as eloquent as people my own age.

12. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am wise and intelligent about some things. And in others I am a moron. I don't consider myself stupid or dumb. But I do lack common sense about some things.

13. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know I'm not intelligent, but I like to pretend anyway.

14. kem

kem

I speak 5 languages, I am good at maths, arts and sports and I'm a people person.
    I'm shy and I lack common sense and emotional acuity though, so I tend to think I'm stupid.

15. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I consider myself of average intelligence.

16. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think I was of average intelligence until I got into a discussion with a homophobe, now I think I’m genius that gets infuriated with really stupid morons.

17. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't say, really. I'd like to think I am, and I try to be as intelligent as I can. But I know I have my moments where none seems to exist.