16 Years Old, And Still Require a Comforter.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Yosia, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Images and Words

I have 2 bears, one called Dave, and one called Teddy. Teddy is in my attic now... I don't know where Dave is, but I want Dave back now :tears:
    seriously, though, no, it doesn't matter. i slept with my teddy until about 6 months ago. and i stopped only because my mum was like "NO! STOP SLEEPING WITH YOUR GOD DAMN TEDDYS!" (she doesn't understand me)

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always prefered having something to cuddle when sleeping. When I was a little kid it was My Buddy. Then a stuffed animal, followed by a pillow. Now, it's a body pillow, except for those rare occasions when I get to cuddle up with someone.

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2015 at 12:20 PM ----------

I think at least in the US, that's the common thought. I was thinking the same thing too...

3. indiqo

it's so cute ^^

I slept with my mum until I was 16, bc I was afraid to sleep alone. I only recently was able to sleep with just a night light and not the big light on and I sleep with a stuffed toy. my interests are still super childlike and I am almost 27. I also did the exact same as you with my thumb until I was like 20. I never told anyone that before so I'm kind of glad so many people did the same thing. maybe everyone does it and nobody speaks about it and we all should because it would be so cute to just walk around sucking our thumbs with a lil blankey and teddy bear<3

do what makes you happy *hug*

4. FrenchKid98

I have a bunch of stuffed animals I sleep with so I don't think it's odd.
    For the need to suck on something, I don't really have any advice. I do think however that you're not the only one, and there is nothing wrong with you.

As Tyler Oakley would say, you do you.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thats what I was thinking :lol:

I sucked my thumb for a realllly long time, and my teeth are actually fine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I still sleep with a blanket that I've had since I was little (and is obviously too small and just for comfort)

6. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well other people have oral fixations and they smoke. I smoke an ecig.... idk if it's oral fixation or need for nicotene lol. But a lot of people smoke partially because of oral fixation. So thumb sucking and lollipops aren't as bad for your health at least. Though it is slightly bad for your teeth. Just try to work on it. But if someone really cares for you, it shouldn't be an issue. And sleeping with a ribbon is no big deal.

7. aeva

I have "Seal" who, unsurprisingly, is a stuffed toy seal. I've had him since I was 1, and am now 23. I don't NEED to sleep with him anymore, but I still strongly prefer to. He used to be white and fluffy, but he's now grey and missing a lot of fur. I've had to stitch his nose up several times. My best friend still sleeps with her stuffed toy panda too.

I don't think it's a problem. If it's comforting for you, then I don't think what other people say should matter.

8. lazurm

Thumb sucking at your age, and much older, is very common, if usually hidden. A web site that explores this in depth, and may help you come to terms with this in a positive, self-empowering, way is thumbsuckingadults dot com.

9. Knave

I have 4 stuffed animals within arms reach and a stuffed octopus sitting on shelf... That I just now realized my grandma stuffed underneath my tv. Me and the octopus might have to talk to her about that... Right after I cuddle it for a while.

10. guitar

I've grown used to sleeping with someone else in the bed so when I'm not sleeping next to someone I used a pillow to cuddle with.

It's sort of like that episode of King of Queens where Doug needs Arthur to sleep next to him when his wife is gone.

11. sappho06

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a stuffed rhinoceros, haven't left him since I was 3 or 4. Now I tend to fall asleep hugging a pillow or my blanket. I just NEED to hug something (or someone, gosh I can't wait to have someone to cuddle up with) :slight_smile: