1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate America?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tommycee, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Ozma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't hate our country necessarily, just our government, perceptions of our society, and a lot of the people. I wish I was Canadian.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No just a whole lot of the people in it.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every single country has bad things about it. I'm proud to be an American. But, I feel like it's such a huge trend lately to hate America. The reason is because America is the main focus in the media.

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to be honest here... your question burns my ass a little bit! My dad died in Helmand Afghanistan June 17th of 2010 fighting for this country. I'm not just some brainwashed blonde going "Oh I love everything about America." There's a lot of things that are backwards, needs improving and it's not going to happen unless WE do it ourselves... To say you HATE America is like saying you hate what it stands for. If that's truly how you feel be my guest and find another home. This isn't a LGBTQ issue so I have no qualms about how I feel on this subject. Straight, gay, bi, lesbian, purple or watermelon you try having what you have here somewhere else. Enuf said!

5. MrSkittles

I hate some of the people in our country and parts of the government but not the country itself

6. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sums it up nicely.

There's a lot of backwards thinking here compared to other civilized nations and the way things are handled can be incredibly inefficient and often asserting backtracking. People, especially in the south, can be rather vehement when anything escapes their narrow line of thought. I know, because I unfortunately am stuck in the middle of it for the time being...

Feels like a prison for independent thinkers, I really do crave the other side of that northern border.

7. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everytime I see "people in the south" I feel a bit offended because I am in the south xD also because I know several people in the South who are not narrowed mind. The younger generations are getting better but the older ones are the ones with the narrow views.

8. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And just think, in 50 years time, we get to turn into those ''older ones''.

I don't hate America, I just don't like some of the people's opinions who live there. But they could live anywhere, and I'd still hate those opinions, so I won't hate an entire country.

9. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My distaste for this country arose from American history classes actually. I always had two types of teachers; those that said America was the best thing ever and that "God" intended for us to have this country, all the while they hurried through the slaughter of Indians and buffalo. Then there were the teachers who gave an unbiased view and simply gave the facts and let us form our own opinion. Thanks the 2nd I learned to listen to the 1st with from an objective view point. Looking at our history I decided that we weren't exactly the best and that we mainly just seem to take what we wanted and used religion as an excuse. The eras of WWI and WWII were the only times I could find myself like America. But then we got to the dropping of the bombs on Japan, I could understand why we did it but then people's reaction to it was pretty horrifying; more so when I learned how Japanese and German people were treated who lived in America.
    But this was just me as a kid.

When I hit teenager and adulthood I was learning more about how our politics worked compared to other countries. And thanks to the internet I was talking to people from other countries. I realized then, and now, that we do have several privileges that other places don't, but the way people treat those that go against "normal" kind of cancel out those privileges for me. I've been dreaming of moving out of this country since I was 16 and I doubt that will change anytime soon.

10. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a Brit it may be a laugh to poke fun at America every so often but at the end of the day it is a nation I have a great amount of respect for freedom, capitalism and helping us to win two world wars. Of course capitalism and democracy are not perfect but they are the best systems we have. In the words of my favourite lady "Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy."

11. Ashley2103

Yes too many shitty experiences and its corrupting influence on the world doesn't help.

12. mangotree

I don't dislike the slab of land that is America, or most of the American people, but I can't stand their money. Move into the 21st century!

13. GayPugs

I hate America. I hate living here. I hate living close to my ultra-religious, racist, sexist extended family. I hate living near all my old friends who I hate. I wanna move to Canada or England! Although, this place is where my QSA is but other than that I hate it here. My parents say that if Trump gets elected, we'll move but I'm pretty sure that won't happen (which I'm happy about.)

14. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Do you hate America, or the select people you don't like?

15. dreamcatcher

I completely agree with this. There is a lot of stuff I hate about America: religious fundamentalism, gun fanatics, capitalism, republicans, the education system and health care system, the obsession with material goods, lack of maternity leave, etc. but at the end of the day, I'm so privileged to have been born in this country. I've lived in two other countries: one a third world county and the other a first world Asian country. America still wins in my eyes. I think in the US among young liberal millennials, we have a tendency of glorifying places like Finland, Norway, Canada, or New Zealand as these sort of utopias where everyone is happy and everything is equal. But the reality is every country has their own set of problems... you just don't hear about any of it on the news unless it's major.

My family let everything behind to come to this country. They were poor farm people and we have managed to move up into society thanks to the opportunities they had in this country. That's not something you can do in every country. And for that I will always be grateful to America. I may not be patriotic and I sure as hell don't agree with most of the values in this country but I will always be thankful for having the opportunity to live here.

16. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been a proud American.

17. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only problems I've seen mentioned in this thread are issues in other countries as well. You guys need to travel more before deciding you hate this country and want to move abroad. There's a good and bad to anything, and Canada, England, Europe, etc are not without their own unique problems. I'm by no means patriotic, but most of these problems are rather silly.

#257 108, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  18. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't like being American because the USA is arrogant and has caused too much destruction in other countries. I think a lot of people assume hate for America is because we feel we are unlucky but I know we are very lucky. I hate how the USA says they're the best country in the world and destabilizes poor countries without a thought. We call people terrorists yet we kill their innocents.