1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate America?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tommycee, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Stripe101

I don't LOVE America but I don't hate it. Like, I'm not going to renounce my citizenship or anything. I guess you could call me neutral.

2. DelvSeigible

At times like this I sing the national anthem.
    Red Giant Flutter Banner
    O say can you see... By the dimly radiated, industrialize, night stars. What so proudly we hailed, at the bloody spillage of our enemy, whose life force honor our red flag in bright, white search light...

All the bad that the US has done is not comparable to what it has done well as the world's police. I shiver in silent terror if we allow terrorism and hatred breed like flies within the banks of the largest, openly democratic country. So I guess we are here to talk about the past mistake of a majority populace. Imagine terrorism singing the above song :icon_sad:

O say...
    -E

#62 DelvSeigible, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  3. puppiesarecute

Okay so I would rather live in the US than some other countries, but there are an extreme amount of idiots here, and the fact that Reagan got elected makes me hate america.

4. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Lol, when has America ever done any good as world police?
    All they do is constantly fuck up in that regard...

5. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Then again, when was any country done any good as world police? We don't need a world police. America should stop intervening unless it's necessary

6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great concept. The thing is: if you're not an American, then you can't be an American idiot. But if you do happen to be an American, then the only way not to be an American idiot is to avoid being an idiot. It's a pity so many people have such difficulty with this...it would help the country no end if more people made an effort.

7. DelvSeigible

Hard to say that no world police will solve anything since we can just throw our luck with the hounds and let terrorism and abusive human rights go unchecked.

When looking at its position in the world, America's stance is aggressive foreign policy ever since WW2, so we can not say America should not a world police either since its isolationism is what brought it into the world ... Since it sold weapons then too...
    The US is too large to ignore or expected to be the supporting on the world political stage.
    pipe dream like the pipe bomb we all hate in the news.

Carry not a stick but a Love, a love for words to embrace your enemy moral diplomatic restrains.
    -E

#67 DelvSeigible, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not at all.

However, I do hate the stupidity of its people at times.

9. Burnedcloset

I don't hate America. I don't love it either.

It's really just where I was born.

10. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love this country, easily the greatest in the world.
    [​IMG]

11. FlamingPenguin

I don't think I can hate america, but I seriously dislike it. I plan on moving to the uk in the next few years, but I really just want to travel constantly until I die.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good answer.

I like it a lot, but it's not perfect. One thing is for sure: I am much more suited to some areas of the U.S. and not suited to other areas ... AT ALL. I do agree that some Americans are too self-regarding, almost as if no one else counts. I feel sad for these people with this mindset.

I think that when we get all the kinks out of the Affordable Care Act, the U.S. will be even better. I was and am in favor of the Affordable Care Act. It helps people with preexisting conditions and lower middle class people, two groups who were out in the cold prior to its becoming the law. I believe we were the only first world nation without some kind of a comprehensive national health care system prior to the law passing.

I think that Americans who don't like America tend to romanticize other countries. Visiting other countries on a vacation and living in them are two completely different things.

13. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

[​IMG]

14. DelvSeigible

Now we just need a mall scene from Left 4 Dead 2. Then we jokingly represent the stereotypical human that populates the center of activity in the Americas. Americans are people who work too hard due to moderate inefficiency in labor. They come home looking like zombies then consume the brain food known as TV while divulging in meat-fat products. Even with these inadequacy, at least I know that Wall-E will let us reflect our cultural choices here in the nation that shelters us.

Attached Files:

15. Strelnikova

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love this country fiercely, but it doesn't blind me from seeing the major problems we have. Honestly, loving the US just makes me more fervent in wanting to help create positive change.

16. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    America isn't perfect but it has a lot going for it.

17. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not impressed either. That's why I'm an Anarchist. Not because it would be particularly easy to organize a well-functioning society on those ideals, but because everyone so far has done a shit job. There's not a political system around that's worked out well in my opinion. Some just do a better job of convincing the citizens and foreigners that they are.

18. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Black Raven....you made my day....:roflmao:

19. DelvSeigible

Your statement that it is not easy to organize a society, and your assessment that our leaders are not intelligent contradicts each other. I would also like to point out that men who has the galls to represent their country are by no means entirely to blame for the downfall of their country. You must keep in mind that government and politics are social experiments that lasts centuries. One little twitch or lack of action from a federal government can spell disaster for the populace. Our little lives are in the hand of strongly charismatic, if not a little mislead, men and women, so it would not hurt to be nice and thorough before splattering satire into their reputation.

20. White Knight

I have hard time understanding people sometimes... especially the ones in here who hurt by others stereotyping gays to flamboyant drama queens, bisexuals to sex craze hystericals, feminists to butch wanna be men who can't even truely have sex with each other...

Yet people seems so eager to jump the train of stereotyping others cruelly.

Every major human group no matter under which banner you collect them, has their rotten eggs, their best and worst ones. This is why we should have prejudice to make us approach every group with care but not with negative opinion.

I grew tired of hate... people hate other because they are people... they have opinions... they love their religion/country/gender/sex.

I always thought God made who I am to prevent those pit falls of hate my country men and women carry with passion. It was a chance and a reason for me to be open minded. Sometimes I found myself acting on those pittiful whims of hate, comfort of anger and superiority comes with condemning one another... then I say myself "Look at yourself!"

Anyway rant is over. Carry on with hate-wagon.