1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any transgender transvestites here?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Harjus, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like crossdressing and presenting female from time to time. It has been a bit confusing. Last night suddenly became very anxious when I was thinking about transitioning. I still want to present as a female sometimes, not often. I had to analyze this thing before I could sleep and after I realized that it's actually crossdressing and not really being female or wanting to be one or live as one I was relieved. I realized this thing has been going on for a long time. It's like playing a role and sometimes I enjoy it. It's just a role. I am still a man in womens' clothes. I still always want to live as a man and have a male body. I get dysphoric when people expect me to really be a girl.

This thing has been hard to understand. I am a man. I am not even very feminine. Then why do I have this urge to dress myself? For long I thought I was genderfluid but it didn't feel right. Now this seems more clear and I gave myself a permission to do it if I feel like it (lately I have been too dysphoric). I even gave.a name to this female role of mine.

I am wondering how common this is amongst ftm's and mtf's. Do you do it?

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I am a cross dresser.

I am into the Japanese visual kei and gothic scenes where cross dressing is common even (and if anything, mostly) for straight men.

I love wearing pretty clothes and makeup and doing my hair. However I see it as I kind of art form, just playing around with clothes and makeup and expressing myself extravagantly.
    I have worn everything from corsets to petticoats and heels.

There are many others like me, there are even FTMs who preform as drag queens.

---------- Post added 8th Jan 2015 at 01:50 AM ----------

He is an FTM.

4. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yes!! I've always liked dressing up - and when I did, everything had to be perfect: headband, perfume, dress, shoes, makeup… not a hair out of place. When I dress up like that, I feel like someone else entirely: some, well, girl.

Most of the time, I just throw on T-shirts and jeans and leave my hair uncombed. That's when I feel most natural - most like myself. When I doll up, I feel somehow lost - like I'm not in my own body. I look in the mirror, and see a pretty stranger. My mannerisms change, and become over-the-top feminine: clasped hands and mincing steps where I usually stride and throw manly shoulder punches. It's uncomfortable, but also fascinating.

(Part of the reason I like doing it is because I may kind of have a bit of an, um, thing for doing drag, if you get my drift)

5. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I am an ftm. That's why it has been so confusing.

I don't know much about Japanese stuff but I have been thinking if I should go to some anime conventions just so I could dress up in some awesome costume. I also really like lolita fashion too. It fascinates me.

It is a form of art really. I think I own more make-up than most women do although I rarely use it. There is a lot of crazy colours. I have wigs and corsets and crazy high heels. It would be fun to perform as a drag queen really. Some time ago I saw a document about a (cis)guy who worked as a DJ and a drag queen at the same time. He wears all kinds of crazy costumes. He called himself a drag freak. That looked really fun.

I also feel like I become someone else. It's weird but fun from time to time if I can just return being me soon. If I feel like being stuck it gets horrifying.

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Oh I love Lolita too, especially gothic Lolita!

7. Lazuri

Lolita is great, and I get to see it a lot since my fiancee loves all kinds of Japanese fashion. In fact she just became head journalist for a newly started Swedish Harajuku magazine.

I've always loved the Japanese fashions and one of my absolute favorite artists--and favorite overall guitarist-- is Hizaki.

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Think about it, a lot of people reported having met many people they could go along with well.

(*hug*)

#8 jay777, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Ah, Hizaki is so beautiful ♡

I've also been into Japanese alternative fashions and music for a very long time now.
    I actually used to wear Gothic Lolita but now not really, just getting back into it. I still have my petticoat haha

10. Lazuri

He is beautiful yes. And one helluva guitarist.

I actually have loose ties to him because I used to know a guy in a band whose dad was the branch head for the record label Hizaki was under. So when Versailles was playing for a convention here, my friend would hang with him. I probably could've too, but I wasn't attending the convention.

Apparently two prostitutes was one of the terms for him playing here.

11. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't do it often, but I definitely enjoy crossdressing sometimes. Actually just this evening I decided I wanted to try on some of my old dresses. I looked in the mirror and I saw a pretty boy in a dress, which was exactly what I wanted to be right then :slight_smile:

12. Raatox

I love dresses!
    And i like dress my self in them and see that pretty girl in the mirror, as you said, it's like art. But then to go out and try to be a girl and meet people who component me for my looks and sees me as a girl.... Ugh, It's so uncomfortable :frowning2: