Interracial relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Jan 6, 2015.

1. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

I identify as white, so that's what I consider myself to be. Does it make more sense to you this way?

2. tscott

If I limited myself to my "type" there would be a very small pool of people from which to choose. And, yes, if we go strictly by the physical I would have to say I prefer my own race. These are matters of the surface. Currently, this WASP is dating someone who is native American, African-American, Irish, and Italian. So I guess it means little to me. As far as religion goes, however, I certainly would prefer a partner who shares the same beliefs as me, not necessarily the same denomination. If someone had a different religion, I'd have to say as long as my beliefs were respected, and I respected his then I don't think there would be much of a problem, unless I have to give up bacon.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Most of the people with the "1950s mentality" that I've seen on here are white people from Western countries.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I liked them yes

5. timo

Race yes sure

Dating someone religious could be a problem. Let's just say I'm not too fond of religions in general.

6. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    No Mormons...jk....actually im serious..no im not just keep your religion to your self and we will be good

7. wowiemio

I'm middle-eastern and my bf is asian
    so yes i would date a guy from a different race if we both like each other and get along.
    we're both of same religion, so I don't know how it would be if we had different ones, but i sure don't want to be with someone imposing

8. aeva

Yes to a different race (non-issue for me), no to a different religion. I consider being a skeptic and an atheist very important to me, and I think there would be too many fundamental differences if I were to date a theist.

9. QueerQueen

Haha I feel the same :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. 741852963

Race - of course.

Religion - I think it depends. If they were lapsed in their religion or had a casual attitude to it maybe (didn't constantly worship). It depends on what their beliefs were, if they sat well enough with my own. If someone was Muslim for instance I'd find things like yearly Ramadan problematic as I'm critical of that practice (I don't think its particularly healthy, and it does really annoy me in work being expected to cover for tired staff taking lots of breaks - some economists say productivity drops 30-50% amongst Muslim staff in this periods which irks me somewhat). So I'd expect things like that might cause a bit too much friction/heated debates. :lol:

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm white and from a Western country. I find dark haired, pale skinned men to be the most attractive. And, most likely, those will be their ancestral roots. I've seen a fair number of Middle Easterners and Hispanics that are very hot, so those demographics work, too.

I'm actually less interested in their religious affiliations since I'm hardly what one would consider a practitioner of my religion. However, if that was front and center for the other person and/or a conversion was sought, that won't work. I foresee either staying away from religion, largely because of the overwhelmingly bad memories, but I don't want be in a "never say never" situation about returning (to the one I was raised in) on a very laissez faire basis.

I get the feeling there is somewhat of an "expected" right answer here. Remember, this would be something you would probably be intimate with. We each get to choose that person.

13. Rolando4

I'm Cuban and although that's not a race, I'm open to dating people of other ethnicities/races/religions. There arent many Cubans in Chicago (much less gay ones), so I have to broaden my horizons. I have realized I find Mexicans very attractive. Also, I think a lot of European/white, middle eastern and Indian men are beautiful. As for religion, I'm not religious and prefer someone who isn't a fanatic.

14. Maeve

Race, yes.

Religion? Only if they weren't very religious. I'm an atheist, so I don't think I'd be very compatible with someone who went to church twice a week and prayed nightly.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Correcting post 53:

SOMEONE you'd be intimate with .... not something ...

Tired.

16. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually in one now. I would prefer to be in an interracial relationship.

17. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your replies guys :slight_smile:

18. Tohru-Chan

Race: Yes, definitely.

Religion: Mayybe..? Probably not. I'm an athiest so yeah.. guess it depends on just -how- religious they are.