1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone hate Adam and Eve sometimes ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Idk, I'm Christian, so I guess I'm biased in the sense that I have been trained to be tolerant/accepting of the Bible and therefore do not have an objective standpoint on this matter. (I have been told to take the stories contextually and all that, because evidently, things such as the creation of the universe in 7 days are impossible or nearly impossible.) But ya, it isn't so much Adam and Eve but rather how people interpret the story that can be annoying. As far as I'm concerned, Adam and Eve were just a couple that someone (I think supposedly Moses but I'm not sure) wrote about to teach morals/lessons or whatever. I do not recall any scriptural passage saying that Adam and Eve were the ideal couple, or that all couples must be like Adam and Eve. Then again, I have never read the Bible cover to cover, so I guess I can't really say anything.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I heard that Adam had a first wife called Lilith and Eve is the second wife and that she refused to Obey Adam and she became a demon . I think all this story does is just teaches women are bad and should stay in their place . :icon_sad:

3. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always like to comeback with God made Adam and Eve and Steve and Michael and Jessica and Darnell and Jacob and Linda and Sarah and Laqueesha and Evan and....(just keep adding more names)

I have also used this gem "well last I checked Eve got Adam into some big trouble and maybe Adam needed to look at some other options."

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A metaphor created out of ancient Levantine folklore and used to justify gender-based social structures is hardly going to be a palatable one for us, nor does it serve as an argument - it's circular; if the story was written as it was to give credence to the social structure it represents by analogy, then it cannot be used as an external reason. If a religion-based culture created it to rely on it as proof, then it's pretty obviously outmoded by modern forms of argument that rely on reason.

But anyone who uses Genesis as if it were an infallible piece of logic to prove their argument is hardly going to be worth arguing with.

5. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Adam & Eve. I have bought so much from them. Great people, wonderful toys. I don't believe so no, it doesn't bother me. Anyone who brings that up as the reason for why gays should be straight has failed to start a conversation worth having, thus the argument never happens.

Or, I just say, "F* Adam and Eve and the sleigh they rode in on." :slight_smile:

Long live Amanda and Eve!

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not fond of religion in general. Sorry, religious people. It's just the way I am.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's the name of the folklore it's from that's it Levantine thanks Aussie and your right .

8. Mickz

It's ridiculous.

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

If Adam and Eve were the only two people created for the purpose of reproducing, that would mean that everyone is a product of incest since they would have to keep breeding within their family. So I guess religious people should support incest too.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree no wonder they keep calling us sisters and brothers .

11. dizzyCalysto

Out Status:
    All but family
    If the story were true, then that means Adam and Eve doomed humanity to a terrible life of turmoil outside of Eden. If you ask me, they weren't exactly shining examples of heterosexual goodness.

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2015 at 08:59 PM ----------

One time I had a dream that this really religious chick at my school started calling everyone her "cousins under God" or something and she was expelled because she tried to replace all the books on the library with the bible. Pretty terrifying nightmare if you ask me.

12. RadioRoss

I cannot hate what i don't believe in. But i do think it's an absolutely ridiculous story.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not Adam and Eve

14. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok.....as a very well educated Christian, that has studied the bible and those who claim to follow it, extensively, I need to make just a few comments.

First, yes I believe in the scriptures. In regard to this conversation, I am not really concerned if you believe or not. However, please do not insult my beliefs with your harsh comments and attacks. When you do that you are no better than the people who attack us for our sexuality. I have heard the "spook in the sky" comments just as many times as I have heard the Adam and Steve" comment.

For those on here who have used portions of verses, completely out of context, to defend why you think that scripture is wrong. well again, you are no better than the folks that do the same thing to defend their beliefs.....although I am much harsher to them because they should know better.

AS FOR THE ORIGINAL QUESTION AT HAND: Here would be my response;

"What? It wasn't Adam and Steve?? No Shit Sherlock. Despite your belief that my intelligence is somehow tied to my sexuality, and that since in your eyes one is wrong therefore I must be an idiot, I really do have a brain. Just because I do not choose to link the two inter joining reproductive systems together on a regular basis does not mean that I don't know how they work. ....Adam and Eve....reproduction...beginning of mankind...I get it. And hey...we know how well that all began with Cain and Abel, but I digress lets go back to the anatomy and physiology lesson you were giving me....Oh yeah, Adam and Eve in the garden. Maybe we should talk about the second part of that story, remember? Apple, Snake, Shame, hiding from God? I'm pretty sure that the big picture in all of this is FREE WILL. That's sort of why Jesus came back right? Nobody, including you, is good enough for God, so Jesus paid that price right? I'm sorry that you want to use parts of Gods word to find a reason for hate. Jesus talks much more about love. I'm sorry you hate me, but Jesus doesn't. Jesus loves both of us, so I love you too."

....Or something like that.

15. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I don't think anyone here meant to insult you. It's just really hard to take religion (specifically Christianity and Catholism) seriously when the majority of it's followers fire so much hate at the LGBT community. Half the time they want us dead.

Yes I do believe Jesus taught us to love one another and all that jazz but it's the men who twisted his words when writing the Bible to fit it to their liking, that makes a lot of us dislike religion. I think if Jesus were alive he would give those fanatics a harsh talking to, cast them aside, and then march in the Pride Parade.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Jesus would be so at pride

17. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

He would be the grand marshal of the parade, decked out in glitter and a rainbow sash!

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true (!)

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As for the topic directly, it's just one of those ridiculous remarks people make. You could pinpoint other aspects to counter, but anybody who relies on "But it's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve", probably won't be reachable by any argument or point.

That said, while most folks debate the Adam and Eve part, I've always wondered, well, why did God create Satan? It almost seems like he wanted us to fall.

Just something to think about, or discuss with your religious connections...

The best answer I've gotten to this is, God loves everybody so much, that he cannot bring himself to just cast Satan aside. The problem with this answer, though, is, God had no problem destroying cities or flooding the earth, but he's totally fine with letting the biggest spreader of "evil" run rampant.

And if he knows everything, then he knows Satan won't repent. It's written in the Bible, which if we are to take as fact, seems to imply God is fine with Satan causing problems; and if the Bible is without flaw, then that should be all the proof one needs to know this won't happen, and that something should be done about Satan -- the point is, there's a lot more to pick and poke at than just two people, eating from a tree that had no other purpose in that garden, other than to taunt and tempt the duo.

That's somewhat like laying lines of cocaine, in front of a recovering drug addict, and telling them "Good luck~! Hope you can stay clean. Oh, and you can't leave this room."

20. Quiet Raven

I always thought that was strange. Even when I somewhat believed in the bible. The whole Adam and Eve story just made no sense to me.