1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do dreams really have meaning?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mischief, Jan 6, 2015.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

My dreams are so rediculous I dont know if you could get any real meaning out of them lol. One second they are about one thing, the next they're about something completely different. One thing in common with most of them I've noticed though is that they mostly are to do with things I want but dont have, leaving me feeling empty and alone when I wake up from them

;-;

2. Aro

Aro

That is the worst feeling. D: I've had dreams where I have fallen madly in love. Sometimes it's been an abuser from the past, which leaves me really confused and sad when I wake up. But having that thing you want so bad. It's so hollow waking up to it's loss! I feel you. ;;

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Sorry to hear about the insomnia, it must be horrible. I generally can never run properly in my dreams, I'm pretty similar to this: [​IMG]

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2015 at 08:50 PM ----------

I feel you man. (*hug*)

4. Aro

Aro

I've had it for most my life. It's okay! I've always been a night owl who stays up way past my time. X3 Thank you, though. Some nights it's bad. And hearing all the disapproval and how dysfunctional it is can get annoying. But man, when I sleep, I SLEEP.

Ahahah, oh God. QWOP. But seriously, not being able to run in dreams is the most sickening feeling.

How about the grossest? I've had a few doozies. Skip this if you are easily grossed out. Fair warning! I had dream where there was this mall and you could buy any kind of snack in it. My subconscious thought it would be a good idea to buy a bag of toes. A bag. Of severed. Toes. And I casually picked one up and bit into it and I remember the texture like it really happened. How when you bit your nail it is that weirdly soft but hard feeling on your tooth. Plus the dead human flesh. They were boneless. Second most disgusting would have to be when I dreamed I was some sort of dog. There was an old dead rotten hand that was laying in a pile of autumn leafs. There was something important about it and I had been asked to find it. Being quadrupedal, I could only pick it up with my mouth. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted and I woke up with that taste in my mouth and was totally ill for the rest of the day!

5. Mischief

Mischief Guest

SEVERED. TOES. damn xD

I've never actually really had a gross dream. Just disturbing ones, some of which would make me want to stay up at night in fear of what I might dream about.

6. Aro

Aro

I KNOW. It was so disgusting, it still makes me want to chunk it when I think about it hard enough. Cold dead severed toes with toenails attached. UGH. Nope. Nopenopenope.

Oh man, I get those. It's like. That's it. Never sleeping again.

7. Ryujin

8. Mischief

Mischief Guest

Ughhh .-. I have them so much, mainly when I'm at school though. School makes my dreams all poopy and I hate it oh so very much

9. Aro

Aro

Probably all anxiety stuff. School used to do that to me too. A lot of cold dreams. Snow used to be my thing, as well as this one location. Just strange and unsettling dreams surrounding it. School can definitely do that, though.

10. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I dislike school a lot, probably why most of my worst dreams are set there.

11. Aro

Aro

Don't blame you. I don't know a lot of people who liked school a whole lot. I had a good time in middle school and high school. But man, it's so sweet when you get out of there. Delicious freedom. I hope your dreams clear up when you are finished!

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes my dreams do and sometimes I have strange dreams that makes no sense.

13. Aro

Aro

I think we all have those crazy dreams. I still think bits and pieces can be derived. But I also believe heavily in the fact that the subconscious does all of it's de-stressing in dreams. XD To each their own, definitely.

14. Mischief

Mischief Guest

My weird dreams are just when I'm acting really weird. Though, I do have those ones that skip from random settings to another.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Honestly no. No matter how awesome they are, they are created by the mind.

16. Aro

Aro

My dreams are pretty coherent most of the time. But if I am having a rough enough time, they tend to jump around or do really strange things. Sleep paralysis runs in my family, so sometimes I wake up and I am half dreaming still. I could have sworn just the other morning that I heard my grandma calling her dog. Which is impossible, because I sleep with ear plugs. So even if there was someone saying that, I would not hear it. XP

17. Mischief

Mischief Guest

I still think it's fun to link them up to real life things though :icon_bigg

18. GaspingJasper

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think dreams have a meaning or message.

19. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I think that dreams can having meaning, but I also think that sometimes dreams are just dreams (if that makes sense). Like one time after a friend of mine opened up to me, more than she ever had before, I had a dream that we kissed. It kinda freaked me out at first, so I looked up. It turns out that you can have dreams of kissing a friend or whatever with whom you have had a deep emotional connection with. But I also had a dream that I was on a cruise that crashed in the middle of the jungle, and then I had to win a swimming race in a river full of crocodiles against Bill Cosby. I'm pretty sure that doesn't have a deeper meaning.

20. Mickz

My dreams are extremely creepy and surreal. But I like thinking they have meaning, if I can just remember the whole thing when I wake up... That would be great XD. My dad went through a phase where he'd write all his dreams down and try to figure them out and I tried to do that too, but again I can never remember them.